Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal (Site Closed)  (Read 28006 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

Any advice on responding to paypals dispute?  How are others dealing with it?
If they ask say it was just a gift.

Funny...

I have been dealing with you in the last two weeks and my account was not audited.

Yesterday I tried to send you funds and PayPal returned a message indicating that your account is blocked to receive payments.

If you are not 18 years old, how much old are you?

its becuase my account it limited i cant send ir recieve money

That is not the answer for what I asked.

I asked how old are you, do you understand that?

I will wait one more time for you answer. If you cannot answer a simple question like that, you should be out of business. People should not trade with a person which cannot disclose his/her age.

Do you understand that? It is nothing personal, it is business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:57:13 PM

Just got off the phone with paypal and I have an update. The bad news is my account is permanently frozen so yes my days selling and buying are over. The good news is that they have to look into the transactions now and that can take a little bit longer but it looks like you will all get your money back.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 02:10:58 PM

If you have not already go onto paypal, they are waiting for anyone who sold to me to respond. Say it was a gift.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:20:23 PM

i thought you were 16 ? , last time you said 15 (1 year ago) so must be 16 now ?
my birthday was 2 weeks ago, i dont remember saying i was 15 but i might of lied (at the time i didnt want people knowing my exact age..)
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:23:25 PM

i would also like to say someone has been emailing me/callin me and texting me i have been ignoring it all but enough is enough and i have now filed a reporta report with the fcc for harrasment with a minor and if it continues i will then contact the fbis online task force
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:33:20 PM

i would also like to say someone has been emailing me/callin me and texting me i have been ignoring it all but enough is enough and i have now filed a reporta report with the fcc for harrasment with a minor and if it continues i will then contact the fbis online task force

It was probably paypal trying to get in touch with you to get your account unfrozen.  Roll Eyes

Keep us posted on progress and ignore the asshat(s).
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:37:21 PM

It was probably paypal trying to get in touch with you to get your account unfrozen.  Roll Eyes

Keep us posted on progress and ignore the asshat(s).
No, it wasn't paypal they left a voice mail with just static. I have emailed the FCC and the government is now aware.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 05:27:43 PM

I called them again today also they said 10-15 days.. Like I said just give it some time you will all get paid back as long as I get the money back I am going to pay everyone back.
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 05:30:31 PM

I called them again today also they said 10-15 days.. Like I said just give it some time you will all get paid back as long as I get the money back I am going to pay everyone back.

Have you considered how you are going to transfer that money since using PayPal is not an option? Are you going to try to send it as USD, or convert it back to BTC and send it that way?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 05:47:07 PM

Since I can no longer use my paypal so send funds I will most likely send via btc but I have to find a way on how to cash out the money to bitcoins.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 06:14:26 PM

Since I can no longer use my paypal so send funds I will most likely send via btc but I have to find a way on how to cash out the money to bitcoins.

Where do you live? Someone might do an exchange with you in person if you live near a city.

Just send the paypal funds to your bank account hooked up to the prepaid, cashout at an atm, and trade someone in person for bitcoins, and pay the bitcoins back.

Sure its a stretch but it should work (right?).

TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 06:45:53 PM

If he has the cash we can help.  The question is will PayPal allow the funds to be withdrawn to his bank account?  If his account is indeed frozen they won't and it will likely be 180 days.  If PayPal is directing the funds back to his bank account on record there may be options.

Assuming he has or can get the cash we are willing to sell to him at cost and even cover any cost to get us the funds.  TheBitMan just needs to get certified funds to our account.  Acceptable methods are bank wire, cashier's check send by overnight mail to our business address, or cash/cashier's check deposit at any Bank Of America branch.  If TheBitMan provides us a list of people he owes, the amounts and bitcoin addresses (obtained from each creditor) we can disburse the funds owed directly.

Our cost: nothing.  We will even cover the origination cost of a bank wire or cashier's check. 
Happy to act as a trusted third party and build some good PR.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:15:20 PM

I doubt he'd meet face to face with anybody at this point. He's calling the FCC about static on his voicemails. Got to be another option. People on here seem willing to help you out of this situation. I'm sure somebody would have advice on this subject. They've got advice on everything else.
It wasn't just static, the person was sending me pictures of myself (my facebook picture) and signed me up to websites and texting services.  I was receiving texts 2:00 am in the morning. I looked up harassment laws and if I want to file charges this person can get a $2,000 fine and/or up to 6 months in prison.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:18:01 PM

I believe paypal can send me a check, I cash the check. At this point I think a money order is the best option.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:20:23 PM

I doubt he'd meet face to face with anybody at this point. He's calling the FCC about static on his voicemails. Got to be another option. People on here seem willing to help you out of this situation. I'm sure somebody would have advice on this subject. They've got advice on everything else.
It wasn't just static, the person was sending me pictures of myself (my facebook picture) and signed me up to websites and texting services.  I was receiving texts 2:00 am in the morning. I looked up harassment laws and if I want to file charges this person can get a $2,000 fine and/or up to 6 months in prison.

I believe all that totally. Just don't go trade cash for coins with some random dude though!
I know lol
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:21:55 PM

I believe all that totally. Just don't go trade cash for coins with some random dude though!
Just checked my paypal and I have your money. I advise everyone else to do what you did because it worked.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 07:23:24 PM

I believe paypal can send me a check, I cash the check. At this point I think a money order is the best option.

A money order also works however they tend to be have a max value (USPS is limited to $500).  Cashier's check can be paid for in cash, written in any amount and you can get one from any major bank without an account.  Walk in with cash, walk out with cashier's check.  

However all this is likely academic.  If PayPal indicated they have frozen your account AND are returning any payments to your account AND they are issuing a check for the balance then it will be 180 days before that check gets issued.  We will know in a couple days but it doesn't look good.
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:26:06 PM

Suggestion: Deposit cash at Chase bank branch for BitFloor.com account, buy BTC, send BTC to people who are owed money.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:28:35 PM

problem..not relating to anyone here though but I purchased clothes online for myself and I have received the clothes. PayPal now held the payment and I am guessing it will come back to me. The clothing store is a major one. What should I do in this case?
redrobin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:30:22 PM

problem..not relating to anyone here though but I purchased clothes online for myself and I have received the clothes. PayPal now held the payment and I am guessing it will come back to me. The clothing store is a major one. What should I do in this case?

worry about that after you clear this up at least.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: