Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BattleBase.co - a fun twist on Battleship | 1.04x-200,000x | Unlimted Faucet  (Read 13942 times)
kenobi (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:41:12 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 03:55:56 AM by kenobi

Are you bored of dice? Play battleship like never before!

From the creators of BinaryBase.co*, we present BattleBase.co:

1. Place your ships anywhere on the board.

2. Cashout before you get hit by bombs.

3. The longer you last, the more BTC you win!

Return: 1.04x - 200,000x! (Yes, two hundred thousand)

Multiplayer/MMO: Strategize and play with others.

Anonymous: email/password is optional

Instant: 0 confirmations deposits and automatic withdrawals

Secure: HD Wallet, SSL encryption between all servers

Anonymous: Email/password is OPTIONAL

Support: Live, or reach us at kenobi@battlebase.co

* See BinaryBase at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783967.0

P.S. Feedback is welcome Smiley
hobala

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:51:21 AM

Great idea,How minimum bet??

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

Great idea,How minimum bet??

Thanks for your interest! Smiley

Minimum bet is 0.001mBTC or 0.000001BTC

You get free bitcoins as soon as you join the site so you can have fun right away! Smiley
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:17:11 AM

What is MMO twist?
kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:45:20 AM

What is MMO twist?

Hi Panju1,

MMO is massively multi-player online game. We are turning battleship into a social, multiplayer gaming experience!

Check it out for yourself Smiley
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

What is MMO twist?

Hi Panju1,

MMO is massively multi-player online game. We are turning battleship into a social, multiplayer gaming experience!

Check it out for yourself Smiley

Thanks. Will check it out.  Smiley
snuffish

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:17:55 PM

It looks great but pretty confusing.. isn't it going to get pretty "messy" when it's many players at the same board? Shocked

#EDIT: Aah.. you can place the boat at the same position as another player Smiley

kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

It looks great but pretty confusing.. isn't it going to get pretty "messy" when it's many players at the same board? Shocked

#EDIT: Aah.. you can place the boat at the same position as another player Smiley

That's right! Smiley btw, each player can also place multiple ships on the board!

In the coming weeks, we are planning to introduce a p2p element into the game so that players that out-survive others will get extra returns from p2p.

This way, players that strategize and out-survive will overcome house edge from other players!
snuffish

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

That's right! Smiley btw, each player can also place multiple ships on the board!

In the coming weeks, we are planning to introduce a p2p element into the game so that players that out-survive others will get extra returns from p2p.

This way, players that strategize and out-survive will overcome house edge from other players!

Sounds awesome Smiley It was pretty confusing to understand in the beginning what actually happend.. if it was good to only have 1 ship or more ships.. and what the "payout outcome" will be.
Needed to experiment some to get a hold on that.. maybe explain more about the "payout structure" in your FAQ.

kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:36:48 PM

Sounds awesome Smiley It was pretty confusing to understand in the beginning what actually happend.. if it was good to only have 1 ship or more ships.. and what the "payout outcome" will be.
Needed to experiment some to get a hold on that.. maybe explain more about the "payout structure" in your FAQ.

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely improve our FAQ.

Personally, I generally like to place multiple-ships. Because even if one ship gets sunk, I can wait for the remaining ships to earn a return and then cashout! I find multiship to be a lot more fun than singles.

Each round has a payout multiple for each ship, the payout multiple that you see in the middle of the board is your current payout multiple (taking all your ships into account).

For example, if you placed 2 ships:

Ship 1 got sunk
Ship 2 is current on a 3x payout multiple

Then you current payout multiple will be 1.5x (assuming both bets have the same value)

Makes sense?
arvindr

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:53:41 PM

Really nice game. Feels much like Money Pot. What happens if the player gets disconnected and is not able to press Cashout?
Happened, with me and I lost the balance. A better thing might be to be able to cashout right there.

cma3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:56:03 PM

Great idea! Big fan of Battleship. Cant wait to try it out later.
kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:10:56 PM

Really nice game. Feels much like Money Pot. What happens if the player gets disconnected and is not able to press Cashout?
Happened, with me and I lost the balance. A better thing might be to be able to cashout right there.

Hi Arvindr,

This is an awesome suggestion. I am going to put it to the top of our feature request and make sure our engineers implement this asap!

Smiley

What else would you like to see in the game?
kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:29:07 PM

Great idea! Big fan of Battleship. Cant wait to try it out later.

There is also a 10 bit faucet. Enough to place 10 ships! Check out the game on us!

Smiley
Matze

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:01:41 AM

Any channce will there be auto cashout?
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:43:50 PM

nice game,
I've play and it's fun.
But sometimes i lose all

If only there's many type of battlebase ( 4 blocks or less )
it will more fun  Cheesy
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:59:47 PM

COOL GAME Grin
NEW IDEA VERY GOOD~ Grin
kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:32:27 PM

Any channce will there be auto cashout?

We have actually received this request a few times!

Sure, it is in the works! Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:05:53 PM

congrats on the idea, this is something new 100%  Cheesy
kenobi (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:59:00 PM

Some feedback:

* Placing multiple ships is great, it's fun how you don't completely die at once. From the house perspectives, this game is a lot more appealing then money pot as multiple players iron out the per-game variance.

* I like the provably fair scheme, it's cool how the server is allowed to target a player (if it wanted) yet still be fair. However, I would like to see the maths published of how you calculate the multiplier as well as a layman's explanation (e.g. house edge)

HOWEVER, it's not actually provably fair. This is because the odds reflect the fact that the server dumbly bombs you. But we have no idea if this is true or not. So the way to make this fair, is make the server intelligently bomb (e.g. not target pointless tiles), and have the odds reflect that.

* Sometimes the network lag at time makes the game unplayable. I often see 10 bombs at a time. And haven't finished placing my ships before it starts. What I would like to do is have an atomic place bet option, where I can layout my ships, bet per ship and autocashout at once. And then atomically bet. The place bet screen could remember your ship configuration to reuse for next game.

* It's easy to have a balance less than the min bet, but greater than the faucet req.

* I'd would like a game history, if not for all games but the games I played. Allow me to do a review/audit

* You should use bits instead of mBTC

First of all, I would like to thank espringe. Espringe gave me a lot of feedbacks privately as well and truly is a good guy. And an inspiration for creating moneypot

I would like to address the comments:

1. Provably Fair Scheme

- I like the feedback of intelligent bombing! Although I fear that it would be make the game less fun. (Becaues there are visually less spots that the bombs can hit). I am going to write up a version that does intelligent version to see how it looks
- Here is an alternative scheme that I would like to propose:
   - The shuffle is done with Fisher-Yates
   - The critical point is the random number generator in the algorithmn
   - We can therefore prove the server is "dumb bombing" by using a deterministic random number generator with Fisher-Yates and publish the seed after the end of each day or something
  - Thoughts on this?

2. Latency

- Yes, we were experiementing with a few things. (That slowed the connection down). We have now improved it so you should no longer see latency like that.

3. Faucet erq
- Fixed

4. Game history
- Yes. 1000 times yes! We are working on that. (It is easy, but we just gotta put up those pages)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: