Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:24:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRADEHILL WHY DON'T U PAY BACK MY MONEY??  (Read 1506 times)
mrbrown (OP)
VIP

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 10:04:52 AM

I am waiting since tradehill is out of business.
They only paid me half of my money back , no replys on info@tradehill.com or pms here nothing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 03:15:06 PM

Considering they still owe me 100% of my money, I know how you feel.  They claim I missed a withdrawal window of like 2 weeks, which I don't believe.  Then they assured me by e-mail that they'd send a check and never did.
omehenk

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 03:37:15 PM

Well all i can say, it can take long, but I got it all back.  Wink

And i know pretty sure , also ` U .

omehenk

Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 04:58:39 PM

how much does tradehill owe you? Someone may buy the debt...
mrbrown (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:21:12 AM

alot of money so i don't think nobody is willing to take over that debt
Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 05:56:49 PM

Considering they still owe me 100% of my money, I know how you feel.  They claim I missed a withdrawal window of like 2 weeks, which I don't believe.  Then they assured me by e-mail that they'd send a check and never did.

They have no excuse to pay you back, Withdrawal window what ? Its not their money and if something like that can hold up then all exchanges could just state they gave notice on some invisible wall and leave the market with your money.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 06:30:30 PM

One wonders how many of these claims are fraudulent.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 07:59:14 PM

Looking at how incompetent some/many of these so-called security expert exchange/trading sites are it wont surprise me if most of these claims were legit.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 09:58:35 PM

They have no excuse to pay you back, Withdrawal window what ? Its not their money and if something like that can hold up then all exchanges could just state they gave notice on some invisible wall and leave the market with your money.

Actually, when businesses are wound up in a proper manner there is a window for lodging claims prior to distribution of funds being made.  It exists so that everyone else isn't prevented from getting their money because someone forgot to lodge a claim or didn't want to for some reason.  If they have said that they will honour the claim despite it being lodged late, it's reasonable to expect them to do so, but legally speaking there is an endpoint to the claims process and the winding up process.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Clipse

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

Actually, when businesses are wound up in a proper manner there is a window for lodging claims prior to distribution of funds being made.  It exists so that everyone else isn't prevented from getting their money because someone forgot to lodge a claim or didn't want to for some reason.  If they have said that they will honour the claim despite it being lodged late, it's reasonable to expect them to do so, but legally speaking there is an endpoint to the claims process and the winding up process.

This applies to legal bodies(most notably with recent forex firms) and they need to send out a written registered letter in that case. Clearly we dont work like that online so at best they should allways honour the outstanding balances.

repentance

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:02:57 PM

This applies to legal bodies(most notably with recent forex firms) and they need to send out a written registered letter in that case. Clearly we dont work like that online so at best they should allways honour the outstanding balances.

TradeHill is a legal entity - it's TradeHill Inc.  The actual requirements of how creditors must be notified of the winding up of a company depend on the jurisdiction in which it's incorporated (in mine, a newspaper advertisement is also required because many people don't keep their contact details up to date), but the process of winding up doesn't change just because the business is conducted primarily online - there's still going to be a deadline for filing claims and a time after which the business no longer exists for any purpose.

In the past, people have openly stated that they don't intend to claim their outstanding balances if they're required to provide personal information - and winding up a company legally requires being specific about where the money and other assets went.  Given that TradeHill is involved in litigation which is directly related to their financial position, it's pretty imperative that they don't half-ass the winding up of their operations and that the manner in which they conduct that winding up can withstand intense, hostile scrutiny.  Dwolla's going to audit every fucking cent that TradeHill returns to its customers and demand proof that those payments were legitimate.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mrbrown (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:28:39 AM

what do you mean with "these claims" ??
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:36:56 AM

What I mean is that there are several users that show up literally months after closure of TH asking for their money, and I find it hard to believe that they have taken that long to payout. Also common to these users is a fairly bad grasp of English and insistent posting here on a public forum that isn't related to the business. I'm not trying to be personal, just an observation that I am making.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
repentance

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 07:16:24 AM

What I mean is that there are several users that show up literally months after closure of TH asking for their money, and I find it hard to believe that they have taken that long to payout. Also common to these users is a fairly bad grasp of English and insistent posting here on a public forum that isn't related to the business. I'm not trying to be personal, just an observation that I am making.

And despite claiming to have large amounts of money on deposit with the exchanges they make demands in the forum rather than spending a few hundred dollars to pursue recovery of their money through the legal system.

miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 09:29:56 AM

And despite claiming to have large amounts of money on deposit with the exchanges they make demands in the forum rather than spending a few hundred dollars to pursue recovery of their money through the legal system.

Its simple: public pressure is often a much more efficient and effective way of getting your money back, then the legal system which is slow, ineffective.

Even I've seen people having problems with banks (like money disappeared because of technical problems with an ATM), and going to the press with the problem, solved it within days or even hours, while the legal system would take months or years. Time is money.

Although the "public pressure" route is not as effective with non-functioning companies, as they don't have customers to lose any more, so they are likely not to care.

Debt collection is also often much more effective with publicizing the debt, then taking it to a debt-collector.

That's reality.

mrbrown (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:31:17 AM

yeah well first of all not everyone lives in the UK or US so who cares , i only joined this forum because tradehill and now also bitcoinica owes me money and they don't respond ,he only paid me half of my money and told me the other half comes within a week now it's three months later ,it seems to me that this is the only way to contact him and i gues going public helps because he is paying people their money (tradehill)
anyway i am still waiting for an answer from Tradehill
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: