Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update  (Read 70111 times)
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:26:06 AM

hey everyone,

owlcatz BitcoinPenny is right, the circles are offset by design. My main issue is the square window doesn't meet the edge of the black square with key on it - and the reason I'm considering having them reproduced is because I may be able to have them in hand before the steel housings ship to me. So it wouldn't really delay anything further.

Also the square window in more than half of the holograms is offset enough that they are unusable. I ordered several thousand so I have plenty of good ones, but it's bad enough that I feel somewhat entitled to replacements to begin with, and the manufacturer seems to agree. Just waiting to hear back on their solution.

If it turns out it would delay things any further, I'll probably just stick with these. Hope to have word soon, and I plan to check in on the housings again next week... at a certain point pestering them does more harm than good. They had to resort to some pretty weird methods to manufacture the sliding clips. https://i.imgur.com/MLrNRcB.jpg

Let me know if you need a alternative manufacturer... Niall is doing some pretty delicate manufacturing in their watches, i'm sure they could adapt.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:04:30 AM

Given the exchange rate in USD has doubled since 'To the Moon' bars sold out, this is by far the most expensive Kialara series to date. Even the 100k bars effectively cost around $700 USD if paid in Bitcoin. I hope there will be added security measures or an option to add signature confirmation.
dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:01:56 AM

This thread makes me jealous and a bit salty that I missed out on the moonbars... awesome stuff
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 03:41:44 AM

Given the exchange rate in USD has doubled since 'To the Moon' bars sold out, this is by far the most expensive Kialara series to date. Even the 100k bars effectively cost around $700 USD if paid in Bitcoin. I hope there will be added security measures or an option to add signature confirmation.

PayPal was definitely the better choice for payment this time. Who loads a Kialara anyways? It would be a sin to destroy one to get to the private key:)

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:51:27 AM

This thread makes me jealous and a bit salty that I missed out on the moonbars... awesome stuff
Ditto that.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:04:22 AM

PayPal was definitely the better choice for payment this time. Who loads a Kialara anyways? It would be a sin to destroy one to get to the private key:)

I don't remember if paypal was even an option for the suites. Paypal was there later on for sure but the opening day I thought it was just bitcoin. I am guessing most people paid in Bitcoin. Either way, I think trades/resales in the future will likely take into account the original BTC cost.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 02:39:18 PM

I don't remember if paypal was even an option for the suites. Paypal was there later on for sure but the opening day I thought it was just bitcoin. I am guessing most people paid in Bitcoin. Either way, I think trades/resales in the future will likely take into account the original BTC cost.

PayPal was always an option for the two piece sets and later the single 100,000 bar; can't speak for the three bar suites as they sold out in like five minutes.

Kialara (OP)

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:33:26 PM

For those that don't know, I've received all of the coins from the mint, but I am still awaiting the housings. I wanted to quickly share a new photo of the progress... as you can see a little more machining is needed and then these go to polishing.

https://i.imgur.com/LNwBmoY.jpg

I'll post a more detailed update on my blog next Tuesday. Getting there slowly, but getting there.

Thank you all.
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:19:32 PM

Moving along, slowly but surely!  Smiley
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:37:32 PM

It's been a couple of weeks now since the last update, how are things progressing Max?
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 07:25:45 PM

Latest blog entry:

[IMG]
That looks absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to see this in person!

It's nice to see another more Bitcoin themed item from you Max.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 07:56:23 PM

It's been a couple of weeks now since the last update, how are things progressing Max?

Max is a perfectionist and takes his time, dealing with him is like fucking a woman, the more foreplay the better the result.. leave the man be and you will shoot your load when it finally happens

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:16:06 PM

Max is a perfectionist and takes his time, dealing with him is like fucking a woman, the more foreplay the better the result.. leave the man be and you will shoot your load when it finally happens

I guess that is one way to put it Cheesy.
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:21:31 PM

You have your way with words sir.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:25:01 PM

You have your way with words sir.

Salam Ahmed, I do make myself laugh on occasion.. i am a bit like marmite you either love me or hate me.. few others on this forum are the same...

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:45:40 PM

Cheesy ahah, how do you respond to that..

Take your time Max!  Tongue
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

Haha typical tman response but as on many other occasions that's a correct observation.

Mac is definitely a perfectionist, it shows in his work as well. I'd be happy with waiting for just as long as it takes, end result will surely be amazing!

Kialara (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:47:08 AM

TMAN, that's simultaneously the funniest and most offensive thing I've read today. I love it and am still laughing, thank you.  Shocked
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:52:11 AM

I'm working on both an update to my blog and an email update to those waiting... I will be posting tonight. Basically I've reordered the holograms after making a number of improvements, and paid a premium to have them expedited so that they arrive before the bars do. I'll share more in my email going out this evening.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:40:41 PM

For those who haven't subscribed to Kialara's mailing list, here is his latest mail:

I wanted to update everyone on their 'To the Moon' orders. If you are not aware, I have been posting updates to my blog @ http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/

I have received the coins from the mint, and I could not be any happier with them - they're even better than I had hoped for - but I am still awaiting the steel housings. When I learned of the delay with the housings, I began to seek out a new, back-up supplier, which I have found. I am still expecting my current supplier to deliver, and they've been updating me on the progress, but I didn't want to take any chances.

The newly designed holograms arrived as well, but I felt they could be better, and knowing of the delay with the housings I decided to make some improvements and resubmit my order at an additional cost of $2,000.00, plus an additional fee to have them expedited - I want to get these perfect, you all deserve that... and I believe I will still have them in hand prior to the housings, which are estimated to ship June 25th or sooner. (19 days from now) Here is my last conversation with my overseas supplier, which I am happy to share with you all privately. https://i.imgur.com/7vMPuWx.jpg

And here is the last photo they shared with me. I will share more as I receive them. https://i.imgur.com/LNwBmoY.jpg 

The new/backup supplier has started production as well, but it's likely I will receive my original order first. They encountered the same unforeseen problem as my overseas supplier with producing the steel sliding clip... and also worked out a solution. I plan to use these as part of a future release. 

I originally added two weeks to the time I was quoted, and I apologize that this was still not enough time. I have made every effort possible to ensure I do get these delivered to everyone as quickly as I can. I'm working every day on it, and doing my best to keep everyone informed. I also have a lot of work ahead of me, and I'm just as anxious to receive these as all of you, and I'm extremely grateful for the patience that has been given to me on this project and all past works - sincerely.   

more pics:
https://i.imgur.com/4Nq1htD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uQVyqg9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pD9Glts.png
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: