Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN C-CEX UNWILLING TO HELP  (Read 3517 times)
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:34:18 AM

my advice is to include all the information you can in one ticket. to show you know whats going on, and to make it clear to whoever reads it that it is a straightforward process for them. ie they don't have to spend un-necessary time fixing your fuckup

put all the tx details. amount date address. link to explorer

then outline the procedure necessary. something like
====

//open dogecoinddark DD daemon holding breebob personal account
command line enter: pathto/dogecoindarkd dumpprivkey DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT

//copy privkey

//open dogecoinddark DOGED daemon
in debug console enter: pathto/dogecoind importprivkey ENTERPRIVKEYFROMABOVE

//then transfer coins from new DOGED address to breebob personal DOGED address.

.... tbh that sseems like an amount of effort to rescue such amount.
i lost $200 of DOGE sending to a DGC address once and never had any luck with vircurex
i wouldnt hold your breath thinking they will save you ...

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 02:43:10 AM

my advice is to include all the information you can in one ticket. to show you know whats going on, and to make it clear to whoever reads it that it is a straightforward process for them. ie they don't have to spend un-necessary time fixing your fuckup

====

command line enter: pathto/dogecoindarkd dumpprivkey DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT

//copy privkey

i lost $200 of DOGE sending to a DGC address once and never had any luck with vircurex

Wow, I didn't know Doge could be sent to DGC wallets back then.
And you're right, it's hard but possible.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 02:47:48 AM

====

//copy privkey

Its actually not hard at all, all they have to do:

Go to the wrong wallet and do "./wrongwallet dumpprivkey AddressFromWrongChain" this gives you the private key.

Then simply do: "./rightwallet importprivkey PrivateKeyFromWrongChain"

And they have the funds in the right wallet...

3 Min maximum...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
endoffiat (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:58:07 AM

====

//copy privkey

Its actually not hard at all, all they have to do:

Go to the wrong wallet and do "./wrongwallet dumpprivkey AddressFromWrongChain" this gives you the private key.

Then simply do: "./rightwallet importprivkey PrivateKeyFromWrongChain"

And they have the funds in the right wallet...

3 Min maximum...
that is why i started this post. because i know it is a 2-3 minuite fix.
i know it was my mistake in the first place, but the fact that they choose to not help is very concerning.especially considering it is an easy fix.
i simply can not trust C-CEX anymore.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:00:53 AM

it's easy if they're all sitting there handily on your home computer, this is an exchange, they'll have multiple wallets on different servers.

there will be several more steps involved for them to rescue coins currently worth 0.09btc for someone elses mistake.

//

2-3 minutes ?

probalby min of 30 minutes IF one person has access to all the necessary bits.
and that person will not be in support .. so you'll have to add their time for handling the ticket to that correct person

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 03:12:39 AM

it's easy if they're all sitting there handily on your home computer, this is an exchange, they'll have multiple wallets on different servers.

there will be several more steps involved for them to rescue coins currently worth 0.09btc for someone elses mistake.

//

2-3 minutes ?

and that person will not be in support .. so you'll have to add their time for handling the ticket to that correct person

dude, c-cex is run by 1-2 people.. they surely have the correct bits.. and even if they don't want to import the privkey into the right wallet, they can still just dump the key from the wrong wallet and send it to their "customer" so he can recover the funds for himself.

c-cex is no "free" service.. they charge fees.. for what do they charge fees ? for NOT having 2-3 (or even 30 mins) for their customers ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:14:15 AM

i paid .18 BTC not .09 BTC but that is beside the point.
it is the fact that they are happy making fees of customers, but not happy helping customers.
this whole post is to outline the point that C-CEX are not helpfull unless it suits them.
in my world people actually help each other when they can.
i am not asking them to shut down the exchange to fix this. i am asking for a little bit of their time.
but obviously they can't be bothered, as there is no other explination.
the facts are that they COULD help me but CHOOSE not to. so how many other people will they choose not to help.

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:17:04 AM

//

2-3 minutes ?

dude, c-cex is run by 1-2 people.. they surely have the correct bits.. and even if they don't want to import the privkey into the right wallet, they can still just dump the key from the wrong wallet and send it to their "customer" so he can recover the funds for himself.

c-cex is no "free" service.. they charge fees.. for what do they charge fees ? for NOT having 2-3 (or even 30 mins) for their customers ?
thank you ocminer, that was the point of this thread. to show that C-CEX have little regard for customers.
surely the BTC they have made off me over the last 6 months warrents maybe 30 min of their time.
i have spent over 1 BTC there.not massive i know, but surely worth 30 min or so of their time.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:21:52 AM

Totally agree!!!

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:25:17 AM

the DOGED is worth what it's worth, not what you paid for it.

but you're right, they do not seem that helpful.
that could well mean they are understaffed and find it hard to find enough time to deal with such problems.
they're running a business and obviously do not consider it economic to rescue your currently $30 worth of coins.

calling it a scam is pretty fucking harsh. you're the one who did something wrong and now you're calling someone a scam because they're unwilling to help.

ANN C-CEX BLOODY UNHELPFUL
would be a better title for this thread.

--

of course they have the correct bits. but how easy is it to access and usefully interact with ?
your assumption of 3 minutes is completely unrelated to how an exchange would operate.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
degenorate

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:26:01 AM

I am part owner of VaultEX.io, one of C-Cex's competitors. I am pretty sure that this customer actually sent the coins from our exchange and we were more then willing to help him figure it out. After investigation, we realized he sent them to the wrong coins address, but luckily for him they are the same prefix coins and can easily be recovered. But that will have to be on C-CEX's end. Or else we would have already made sure this customer had his coins back.  I am not trying to start a big hate post or comment towards C-Cex. But I would like to say that this is pure laziness and the coins can 100% be recovered very easily and within a matter of minutes.
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:26:46 AM

I am part owner of VaultEX.io, one of C-Cex's competitors. I am pretty sure that this customer actually sent the coins from our exchange and we were more then willing to help him figure it out. After investigation, we realized he sent them to the wrong coins address, but luckily for him they are the same prefix coins and can easily be recovered. But that will have to be on C-CEX's end. Or else we would have already made sure this customer had his coins back.  I am not trying to start a big hate post or comment towards C-Cex. But I would like to say that this is pure laziness and the coins can 100% be recovered very easily and within a matter of minutes.

hahaha nicely put Smiley

c-cex just need to put something up stating that there will be a $50 fee for recovering coins sent to a wrong addresss. lol

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:29:58 AM

hi all, long story short.
i sent a total of 9.3 million dogecoindark (DOGED) coins to dogecoindark (DD) at C-CEX

here is their response to my ticket

Type: Deposit
Subject: WRONG COIN PLEASE HELP

2014-10-27 02:25:16 breebob
Hi there, please help me my dogecoindark coins (doged) went to the wrond dogecoindark (dd) i think. surely the wallet should recognise that dd is not compatible with doged addresses. can you please help me. thank you for your time

2014-10-27 11:18:40 C-CEX support
DD and DOGED are different coins. It is not compatible. Coins sent to wrong wallet are lost.

We all know that this is a lie. They could import and dump the private key to the correct wallet

THEY CHOSE NOT TO HELP ME. FACT

so please take EXTREME caution using C-CEX IF THEY CAN STEAL FROM YOU THEY WILL.

You are so stupid...lol
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

i dont think stupid.

just over-reacting

so c-cex wont spend some time to recover his coins .. therefore they are lying and cheating and stealing.

do you really think they've reclaimed your coins and dumped them !!

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:34:57 AM

hi all, long story short.
i sent a total of 9.3 million dogecoindark (DOGED) coins to dogecoindark (DD) at C-CEX

here is their response to my ticket

Hi there, please help me my dogecoindark coins (doged) went to the wrond dogecoindark (dd) i think. surely the wallet should recognise that dd is not compatible with doged addresses. can you please help me. thank you for your time

DD and DOGED are different coins. It is not compatible. Coins sent to wrong wallet are lost.

We all know that this is a lie. They could import and dump the private key to the correct wallet

THEY CHOSE NOT TO HELP ME. FACT

so please take EXTREME caution using C-CEX IF THEY CAN STEAL FROM YOU THEY WILL.

I would suggest you ask them again and I'm quite sure they'll get around to helping you out.

On the other hand, do you really think it's fair to create a thread with the title "SCAM" when you were the one who made the mistake? I mean, if you had sent a letter to the wrong address, would you blame the postal service?
jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:40:44 AM

//

2-3 minutes ?

Exactly, this is called customer support. Keep your traders happy as they generate your income.

A reason for me to stay away from them.

I hope you get your coins back. Best of luck!
endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:48:01 AM

look at their response to me

That is a false statement. COINS SENT TO WRONG WALLET ARE LOST.
they are not lost, they are sitting in Dogecoindark (DD) DQEAnxc7gVMN2NNJpL1FaTBM518gkJGVaT
so they CAN be recovered not they CAN'T be recovered.
C-CEX say lost coins when clearly they are not. they CAN be recovered, so why would they not help, that is the issue.
they can help but choose not to.
in my language that is SCAMMING somebody.

endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:53:11 AM

I am part owner of VaultEX.io, one of C-Cex's competitors. I am pretty sure that this customer actually sent the coins from our exchange and we were more then willing to help him figure it out. After investigation, we realized he sent them to the wrong coins address, but luckily for him they are the same prefix coins and can easily be recovered. But that will have to be on C-CEX's end. Or else we would have already made sure this customer had his coins back.  I am not trying to start a big hate post or comment towards C-Cex. But I would like to say that this is pure laziness and the coins can 100% be recovered very easily and within a matter of minutes.
thank you degenorate. that is the whole point, lazy on their behalf.
all i asked for was some assistance, maybe 30 minuites of their time.

endoffiat (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:02:47 AM

the DOGED is worth what it's worth, not what you paid for it.

but you're right, they do not seem that helpful.
that could well mean they are understaffed and find it hard to find enough time to deal with such problems.
they're running a business and obviously do not consider it economic to rescue your currently $30 worth of coins.

calling it a scam is pretty fucking harsh. you're the one who did something wrong and now you're calling someone a scam because they're unwilling to help.

ANN C-CEX BLOODY UNHELPFUL
would be a better title for this thread.

--

of course they have the correct bits. but how easy is it to access and usefully interact with ?
your assumption of 3 minutes is completely unrelated to how an exchange would operate.
i know your here defending c-cex pieapples, but scaming coins is scaming coins no matter how it's done.
and the fact that they are unwilling to help when clearly they can. Shows how they really value their customers.
either the owner of c-cex does not know how to resolve this or simply won't resolve this. they are the only 2 possibilitys
that makes them scammers in my eyes who do not deserve any more of my trust.

Invest4al

Activity: 121

Follow on twitter @invest4al

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 04:02:57 AM

Maybe title should be renamed "C-CEX" LAZY".  
Remember this story, this guy had had a bad day
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/273vi2/if_you_just_received_800_bitcoin_out_of_the_blue/

Get free RenosCoin for doing nothing more than breathing. ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1805861.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: