Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone used the Rosewill RBR1000-m?  (Read 3448 times)
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:48:30 PM

I cry bull shit..   SS  is a single rail according to these specs:

In that case, don't get that Seasonic.  It's actually a multi-rail unit.  (source)

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:08:35 PM

In that case, don't get that Seasonic.  It's actually a multi-rail unit.  (source)

The word 'SeaSonic' or 'Sea '  does NOT even appear anywhere on the page your referenced..  wtf?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
AzN1337c0d3r

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:09:59 PM

In that case, don't get that Seasonic.  It's actually a multi-rail unit.  (source)

The word 'SeaSonic' or 'Sea '  does NOT even appear anywhere on the page your referenced..  wtf?

"Ctrl+F Seasonic" gives:

Of course, we already know that this power supply is based off the Seasonic X-Series 1250W, so we can use the test settings for that unit to see if we can hit 80 Plus Gold.

If you read the whole article through there are numerous references to Seasonic as well. In fact, the word Seasonic is on every page of the review.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:30:10 PM

In that case, don't get that Seasonic.  It's actually a multi-rail unit.  (source)

The word 'SeaSonic' or 'Sea '  does NOT even appear anywhere on the page your referenced..  wtf?

"Ctrl+F Seasonic" gives:

Of course, we already know that this power supply is based off the Seasonic X-Series 1250W, so we can use the test settings for that unit to see if we can hit 80 Plus Gold.

If you read the whole article through there are numerous references to Seasonic as well. In fact, the word Seasonic is on every page of the review.

Ouch, I should not have capitalized the S   'SeaSonic'

So I stand corrected.  However, the SS does have a single rail.  Correct?

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:37:05 PM

"Ctrl+F Seasonic" gives:

Ouch, I should not have capitalized the S   'SeaSonic'

So I stand corrected.  However, the SS does have a single rail.  Correct?
Same unit, different branding. Since it has only 4 rails instead of 6 or 8, you are less likely to actually run into problems using it. DeathAndTaxes uses them to power 4x 5970s with no hassle.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 07:11:05 PM

OK,  now i am confused.....

The SS has ONE rail.  Does anyone dispute this? .....   So how is it the 'same unit' if this unit has more then one rail?

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 07:30:28 PM

The SS has ONE rail.  Does anyone dispute this? .....   So how is it the 'same unit' if this unit has more then one rail?
The SS and the XFX are the same exact unit, save the brand name. They both have 4 rails.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
AzN1337c0d3r

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 07:31:34 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 07:43:56 PM by AzN1337c0d3r

The SS has ONE rail.  Does anyone dispute this? .....   So how is it the 'same unit' if this unit has more then one rail?

I dispute that the SS only has one rail. When you have power supplies like this XFX model here, it is almost 99% certain that the OEM design is the same. Maybe several minor details are changed, like capacitor brand, or fan manufacturer. Not fundamental design changes like the number of rails.

Edit: I'm not sure that it's such a big deal though. There's 30A dedicated to a set of 4 PCI-E connectors and then another 45A dedicated to the other 4 PCI-E connector, so unless you were putting in graphics cards with 2x 8-pin PEG connectors, you couldn't exceed the rails anyways.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 08:02:07 PM

The SS and the XFX are the same exact unit, save the brand name. They both have 4 rails.

Interesting findings when actually trying to see what the number of rails are:

SeaSonic website: (doesn't say)
http://www.seasonicusa.com/NEW_X-series_1050-1250.htm

from new egg (single rail)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151109&Tpk=SeaSonic%201250
Code:
+12V Rails
    Single

some BB site:  (quad rail)
http://www.overclock.net/t/1215732/seasonic-x-1250-vs-corsair-ax1200/10

scifimike12

Activity: 303

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

Can't blame Newegg when the majority of folk would have determined it as a single rail too.  Also the TweakTown review that one guy listed in your OCN link is a bunch of bogus.  They don't have the proper equipment to stress the entire PSU and their "overviews" are lackluster to say the least.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:37:38 PM

The JohnnyGuru review is true.

Same unit different branding.

I did the research.

Seasonic 1250W unit is NOT single rail as some people spreading the FUDge around here are saying.

But still a good PSU for the money. Corsair is too expensive and not much better either.
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:56:27 AM

Will someone please explain the FUD about single vs multi rail PSUs to me?! I have both, I run triple 5970s on Seasonic 1050s and quad 5970s on Antec HCP-1200s. Both have no issues. Someone please explain with actual proof to me that a quality single rail PSU is better than a quality multi rail PSU.

Quality being the key word here. Why miners choose to push power to expensive mining equipment with cheap crap is beyond me.

Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:27:56 AM

Having multiple rails to limit the max amps any one rail provides is actually part of the ATX spec. However, with multiple rails there is the possibility of overloading a rail even though the full power supply capacity isn't near capacity. Having a single rail is simpler for the user and cheaper to implement. A good multi-rail unit with well marked/connected cables has the potential to be more efficient/clean than a single rail under full load.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

superfastkyle (OP)

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:19:05 AM

well I have used a silverstone 1200 watt with 4 rails and a thermaltake 1500 which I think has 6 rails and no problems. So multi rails are probably not a huge deal when they are 20-30 amps each. but the smaller ps where they are only 15 amps or so each I would stay away from
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: