Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:16:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Bitcoin actually just a Pump and Dump?  (Read 44979 times)
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:09:43 PM

I am not saying that this is impossible but pumping and dumping bitcoin is highly unlikely.  First there are a lot of coins that are really cheap that they can pump and dump. Second pumping and dumping bitcoin will take billions to influence the market. Third there are a lot of bitcoin investors who are already educated with the bitcoin projection, even though Bitcoin price drops this people  will not  panic sell they will just hold it. There are a lot of assets like stocks, commodities or alt coins that they can pump and dump so bitcoin is most likely they will avoid.

If they can pump and dump bitcoin most likely this are group of filthy rich , influential and very greedy people.  
The pump and dump in the cryptocurrency market like bitcoin is very possible because since it is decentralized then there are no basis for the possible movement or there are no patterns that the bitcoin market is following because it is completely dependent to the demand of the people in the market. It doesn't mean that if it is expensive then the pump and dump is not possible because pump and dump is applicable to all of the markets and kinds of stocks like cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin has the pump and dump, you have to remember there's no reason can makes the price of Bitcoin increased to $6,000 and keep its price until today. The price of Bitcoin controlled by the whale, therefore, when they don't want to the price of Bitcoin decreases, they buy a huge amount of Bitcoin and create the bullish trend in the market.
I do not think that whales can create bullish trends, they will need to invest more money in bitcoin at bad prices and that is not what they do, what they are experts in doing is in dumping the price of bitcoin thanks to their huge stashes of coins then when the price gets that low they buy their bitcoin at cheaper prices than the price they sold.
engrshu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:59:22 AM

I don't have any doubt that this was all just big pump and dump, but my theory is, even the BTC creators didn't realize that Bitcoin would go this far.

I agree that there might be a risk that btc is a big pump and dump. But I think the creator already know that btc will be known and will be used in the future. He invented it because he knows that the technology era will surely come, that mostly will become a digital transaction and btc will surely be the common method of payment.

[
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:40:02 AM

I do not think this is all due to the natural factor of market law, we all know that bitcoin is decentralized so that what happens in the market will greatly affect its price, bitcoin is different from stock or commodity because it can still be controlled.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:26:03 PM

Yes, bitcoin just pump and dump because of the supply and demand, besides bitcoin is uncontrollable or decentralized so expect the big changes all the time.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:51:24 PM

Yes, bitcoin just pump and dump because of the supply and demand, besides bitcoin is uncontrollable or decentralized so expect the big changes all the time.

it wasn't meant to be just a pump and dump but current situations seems to be looking like that but with time its going to be possible to use it as a currency on the day to day basis with all the stability one requires.
DrooIingOnU

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:46:18 PM

It doesn't truly issue, what issues may be the technologies behind it. Is the technologies behind it powerful enough to survive cost manipulations? if yes, then sends and puts do not matter as over time goal superiority of a item more than its competition prevails, and bitcoin is the best electronic payment ever.
Castreat

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:28:41 PM

I don't think so, since bitcoins are really driven by supply and demand, I think this is just a proof that demand is really going up and never will supply meet the demands for it. So I guess this is a result of that and I think it is not over yet.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:04:45 PM

This is the long time argument about Bitcoin, values was determined and controlled by whales, which can pump and dump Bitcoin value.

And the worst thing with those Bitcoin detractor, they not stopping on spreading lies and malicious news to make FUD.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
BIackSword

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:54:05 PM

The very first I learned about bitcoin from someone who has a business in forex Or forex, I'm fascinated as this digital precious metal currency is phenomenal and that's what makes me exactly why I am a fan of bitcoinTo day I haven't had the ability to spend the whole time I was in bitcoin, because revenue is not so great however i have plans to invest my time making bitcoin main source of my income
CreamiePie

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:21:14 PM

Purchasing Bitcoin or any other forex is definitely a dangerous but satisfying company.For me personally I believe it's the time for whomever to purchase it.
saeyeen

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:28:00 AM

If you trade bitcoin in short term then it can be a pump and dump but if you look at it and hold it for long term then you will see that bitcoin is not just a pump and dump coin. Holding bitcoin for long term will give you high profit and of course its more safe that trading it daily.

kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:29:54 AM

i don't think bitcoin is a pump and dump it's the most stable crypto coin in the market the price stability of bitcoin depends on  the demand and offer no more not like the other coin that only made for that reason
dmbragin

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:54:58 AM

So it was a huge pump and dump afterall huh. Well accomplished, scammers. Effectively done.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2397
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:24:01 AM

I think it's a chain reaction pump'n'dump.
one is causing the other

BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

If we compared bitcoin price movement and stocks price movement then it will looks like pump and dump because the volatily of bitcoin itself. But if you are looking at the chart(year) then it's not pump and dump but growth.

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

It doesn't really matter, what matters is the technology behind it...Is the technology behind it powerful enough to survive price manipulations? if yes, then pumps and dumps don't matter as in the long run objective superiority of a product over its competition prevails, and bitcoin is the best electronic payment ever.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2397
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:03:25 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 12:37:15 PM by capoeira

It doesn't really matter, what matters is the technology behind it...Is the technology behind it powerful enough to survive price manipulations? if yes, then pumps and dumps don't matter as in the long run objective superiority of a product over its competition prevails, and bitcoin is the best electronic payment ever.

only that BTC is not necessary to use the tecnology.
How much would google pay for the whole "system", for example? Not $118.37B, that's for sure

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:31:12 PM

I am not saying that this is impossible but pumping and dumping bitcoin is highly unlikely.  First there are a lot of coins that are really cheap that they can pump and dump. Second pumping and dumping bitcoin will take billions to influence the market. Third there are a lot of bitcoin investors who are already educated with the bitcoin projection, even though Bitcoin price drops this people  will not  panic sell they will just hold it. There are a lot of assets like stocks, commodities or alt coins that they can pump and dump so bitcoin is most likely they will avoid.

If they can pump and dump bitcoin most likely this are group of filthy rich , influential and very greedy people.  
The pump and dump in the cryptocurrency market like bitcoin is very possible because since it is decentralized then there are no basis for the possible movement or there are no patterns that the bitcoin market is following because it is completely dependent to the demand of the people in the market. It doesn't mean that if it is expensive then the pump and dump is not possible because pump and dump is applicable to all of the markets and kinds of stocks like cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin has the pump and dump, you have to remember there's no reason can makes the price of Bitcoin increased to $6,000 and keep its price until today. The price of Bitcoin controlled by the whale, therefore, when they don't want to the price of Bitcoin decreases, they buy a huge amount of Bitcoin and create the bullish trend in the market.
I do not think that whales can create bullish trends, they will need to invest more money in bitcoin at bad prices and that is not what they do, what they are experts in doing is in dumping the price of bitcoin thanks to their huge stashes of coins then when the price gets that low they buy their bitcoin at cheaper prices than the price they sold.
Bullish trend is possible but knowing whales they wont really do such thing since they are just the sparkler of a certain price manipulation either on dump or pump scheme. In altcoins its possible but talking on bitcoin then its an another story no matter how big their stashes is .Price cant really be affected too much unless if they hold hundreds of thousands then its possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MissKick

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:22:36 PM

suprnet may be the long terme
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:31:05 PM

Hmm it's not entirely false on your thoughts and the market seems skeptical to be that good, if everything you say is a good round scam, there wouldn't that much new business opportunities build upon cryptocurrency, i'm confident that not every crypto groups are just scammers waiting for that 'moment' to leave everything off. Even bitcoin itself is a scam but still the the advantage of blockchain tech is solid and would be used for future development like how different ICOs do, with this i am confident that the cryptocurrency industry would continue to grow even event like 'Internet Bubble' happened, it's just a stage for things to get mature and people starting buy them back.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: