Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC For Your Opinion Round 2!  (Read 1553 times)
jsmithbtc

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:04:08 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2012, 09:31:05 PM by jsmithbtc

The system is manual, please wait at least 24 hours to receive your BTC.

Should either be

The system is manual; please wait at least 24 hours to receive your BTC.

or

The system is manual, so please wait at least 24 hours to receive your BTC.

Smiley Two independent clauses should be separated by a semi-colon or some form of transition, not just a lone comma.

1L4G6yCq5XEPbabzK5LNFaUMeYkx6vNXJG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:27:56 PM

• It looks like the MiniBits logo is a JPEG image. The logo might look better if you change it to a .png file, to get rid of the artifacts.
  • You could change this:
Code:
	<option value="0.10 BTC">0.10 BTC$0.99 USD</option>
<option value="0.15 BTC">0.15 BTC$1.49 USD</option>
<option value="0.20 BTC">0.20 BTC$1.95 USD</option>
<option value="0.25 BTC">0.25 BTC$2.45 USD</option>
<option value="0.30 BTC">0.30 BTC$2.95 USD</option>
to this:
Code:
	<option value="0.10 BTC">0.10 BTC for $0.99 USD</option>
<option value="0.15 BTC">0.15 BTC for $1.49 USD</option>
<option value="0.20 BTC">0.20 BTC for $1.95 USD</option>
<option value="0.25 BTC">0.25 BTC for $2.45 USD</option>
<option value="0.30 BTC">0.30 BTC for $2.95 USD</option>
Or you could put a dash:
Code:
<option value="0.10 BTC">0.10 BTC - $0.99 USD</option>
instead of 'for'.

• You could put another BitcoinAdvertisers/AnonymousAds box by the current one, you could make a little more money that way.
  • The User Agreement and FAQ text does not link to anything currently, I could help you make the FAQ if you want. In "By purchasing you agree to the User Agreement," "User Agreement" should be linked once you get that ready.
  • If you type or copy in a Bitcoin address into the "Your BTC Address" field, the text is white (should be black IMO, although you can still see it by highlighting.) The field could also be a little longer. You could do this:
Code:
<input type="text" name="os1" style="color:black" maxlength=34 size=40>
Cheers.

13DXg39YUbrGqh1ri373PFbEAGN3FJTimo

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:31:57 PM

I would add a contact email as well as your forum contact info.

Also, i would link the FAQ/ User Agreement at some point Wink if to nothing else than an 'in development' page.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 11:51:47 PM

The prices are at a fixed price and not up to time with the BTC market because it runs through PayPal.
"and not up to time" sounds awkward to me. Maybe use "... not synchronized with the BTC market data ... "

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:22:08 AM

Generally, the expression is "not up to date"
sTtp

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 01:15:26 AM

"The prices are at a fixed price and not up to time with the BTC market because it runs through PayPal."

This is a very awkward sentence in your FAQ.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:01:39 AM

1)Right now it says "The system is manual, please wait at least 24 hours to receive your BTC."

While that reads ok let me offer a suggestion

"All transactions are manually processed. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive your order before contacting us [insert link]"

2) Move the BitcoinAdvertisers banner directly below the "Buy" and "Sell" areas or, use a vertical one like the one you have now for Satoshi Dice. If you make it vertical place it to the left just like the Satoshi Dice one. It will be balanced and uniform. Also this will put the visual focus on the "MiniBits" banner and the "Buy" and "Sell" areas. You want your users to burn the banner image into their memory and you want the business interface to remain visually unobstructed. Right now I keep looking at the Bitcoin advertisers box right above the "Buy" and "Sell" areas and not the actual business area. Dont worry, people will still click the banner ads if they are moved just slightly.

I imagine that you want the type of rapid transactions like BitInstant offers. You have an almost perfect layout for that already

3) Live Bitcoin price ticker (small) at the top and the bottom.

4) The option to buy 1 Bitcoin. (market price plus one dollar USD-you may find that you will get a lot of people buying one BTC at a time. The one dollar flat fee over market price will allow you to sell without having to worry about checking market price every hour or so and adjusting the site. That fee should cover you for the entire day)

By the way I love the idea for the site and sometimes I am short a few bit cents, or I just want a half of a bitcoin to play a game, so I will be making a purchase soon. We need more places where people can purchase bitcoins with paypal.

All the best!

and if you use any of my ideas you can send the bitcents to

1KUH1ve6Fiax3ZyUn9rF1HH74ksVAjmoJZ

TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:14:24 PM

1)Right now it says "The system is manual, please wait at least 24 hours to receive your BTC."

While that reads ok let me offer a suggestion

"All transactions are manually processed. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive your order before contacting us [insert link]"

2) Move the BitcoinAdvertisers banner directly below the "Buy" and "Sell" areas or, use a vertical one like the one you have now for Satoshi Dice. If you make it vertical place it to the left just like the Satoshi Dice one. It will be balanced and uniform. Also this will put the visual focus on the "MiniBits" banner and the "Buy" and "Sell" areas. You want your users to burn the banner image into their memory and you want the business interface to remain visually unobstructed. Right now I keep looking at the Bitcoin advertisers box right above the "Buy" and "Sell" areas and not the actual business area. Dont worry, people will still click the banner ads if they are moved just slightly.

I imagine that you want the type of rapid transactions like BitInstant offers. You have an almost perfect layout for that already

3) Live Bitcoin price ticker (small) at the top and the bottom.

4) The option to buy 1 Bitcoin. (market price plus one dollar USD-you may find that you will get a lot of people buying one BTC at a time. The one dollar flat fee over market price will allow you to sell without having to worry about checking market price every hour or so and adjusting the site. That fee should cover you for the entire day)

By the way I love the idea for the site and sometimes I am short a few bit cents, or I just want a half of a bitcoin to play a game, so I will be making a purchase soon. We need more places where people can purchase bitcoins with paypal.

All the best!

and if you use any of my ideas you can send the bitcents to

1KUH1ve6Fiax3ZyUn9rF1HH74ksVAjmoJZ
thanks! bitcent on its way!
Enkel

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:06:13 PM

You need to make your "MiniBits" logo image linked to the top of the site, so users can return to the top from all pages.  (Then you can drop the "Go Back" that shows up on some of the pages) -- as an example, you I get stranded on the feedback page without any way to go back to the top of the site.

I'd replace all mailto: links with a form reply like you have for feedback (but add in an added line so a copy of the email can be sent to the submitter's email address) or also post the text of your email address instead of using the word "here" as your link text.  I personally cannot use mailto: links, so I have to lookup and copy the email address.  I also think people who are not registered on this forum will NOT be able to use it to send you email without having to also register here on this forum.

I think someone else already mentioned User Agreement and FAQ on all pages?  If you're US based, you might want to do copyright notice?

I agree about the tower add on the side, then stack the buy BTC over the Sell BTC paragraph in the center.

And my two cents on the manual / wait 24 hours... "Transactions are processed manually and may take up to 24 hours.  If you have not received your BTC after 24 hours, contact us at myemail@someplace.com"

1UW1Uvm9X2cFNrURU743RoA5zxpd669sx
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

Like the new version of the site? http://bitmint.weebly.com/

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:49:38 PM

1. On the homepage, your margins are too big or something: I have a scrollbar even though there's no content to scroll to.
2. The title for .5 BTC and up is "LargerAmounts;" is there something wrong with a space?
3. On Larger Amounts, it says,
You may only purchase a max of 2.00 BTC a day...for now.
Generally, one uses a space after the ellipses.
4. The email address is unreadable -- blue on blue
5. Why have an email address and a contact form?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:56:44 PM

1. On the homepage, your margins are too big or something: I have a scrollbar even though there's no content to scroll to.
2. The title for .5 BTC and up is "LargerAmounts;" is there something wrong with a space?
3. On Larger Amounts, it says,
You may only purchase a max of 2.00 BTC a day...for now.
Generally, one uses a space after the ellipses.
4. The email address is unreadable -- blue on blue
5. Why have an email address and a contact form?

thanks, but the email address is white for me..
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:20:33 AM

And... the other 4 points?
In any case, it's important to have a website which works cross-browser. Chrome represents 50% of the market at this point, and on it, your CSS:
Code:
webkit-any-link {
color: -webkit-link;
overrides the other styles, including main.style.css:
Code:
a {
color: #white;
text-decoration: none;
}
... so you should probably fix that with an inline style:
Code:
style="color: white;"