Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: News Flash! Spoetnik goes into hiding.  (Read 2866 times)
rokkyroad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:03:24 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 08:46:00 PM by rokkyroad

Seeing that Spoetnik deletes my posts in his threads, thought I would start my own. Unmoderated.

Taken from Poloniex troll box:

"Spoetnik: i'll be offline soon enough you all Wink
Spoetnik: i have said for 2/3 months have to move soon.. so i will have no internet i think for a while (not sure how long)"

Is our Crypto-Hero crumbling under the pressure?

Come on Spoetnik don't give up the good fight. I'm sure we can get a donation address together to help you out with the legal fees.

edit:

Since posting this Spoetnik has had a change of heart (see post 49).
He is NOT running away and will ( I assume) meet further challenges head on.
Atta boy Spoetnik!

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:15:38 AM

Seeing that Spoetnik deletes my posts in his threads, thought I would start my own. Unmoderated.

Spoetnik: i have said for 2/3 months have to move soon.. so i will have no internet i think for a while (not sure how long)"

Come on Spoetnik don't give up the good fight. I'm sure we can get a donation address together to help you out with the legal fees.
With all the lies and defamatory comments about Dan Metcalf I'd be surprised if some legal action (or an apology) doesn't eventuate.
People with not much sense get the idea they can post lies about people and have no consequences. And, most of the time here developers are anonymous so it's not such an issue.
Dan Metcalf though has been very open about who he is from the start, so it's a little different when the administrator of this site allows defamatory stuff to be posted day after day.
Dan is also a businessman so there is little doubt that the lies posted here will cost him money.

Is that really fair, for people to post lies about someone over the internet and accuse you of fraud without supplying real evidence?
I don't think courts would take that view.
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:30:26 AM

With all the lies and defamatory comments about Dan Metcalf I'd be surprised if some legal action (or an apology) doesn't eventuate.
People with not much sense get the idea they can post lies about people and have no consequences. And, most of the time here developers are anonymous so it's not such an issue.
Dan Metcalf though has been very open about who he is from the start, so it's a little different when the administrator of this site allows defamatory stuff to be posted day after day.
Dan is also a businessman so there is little doubt that the lies posted here will cost him money.

Is that really fair, for people to post lies about someone over the internet and accuse you of fraud without supplying real evidence?
I don't think courts would take that view.

Seriously no scam coin pushes defamatory case would last 10 sec in a court room  Kiss
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:01:15 AM

If your currency/project can't take a Spoetnik attack, and feels the need to take legal action against him......it's not a very good sign.
If S. is just trolling, then no worries, but he's not the only guy bringing up the red flags, and there is actually some evidence in the form of chatlogs.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:08:08 AM

If your currency/project can't take a Spoetnik attack, and feels the need to take legal action against him......it's not a very good sign.
If S. is just trolling, then no worries, but he's not the only guy bringing up the red flags, and there is actually some evidence in the form of chatlogs.

+1
it's a valid point, one side is the so called "FUD" the other side is the reaction... i smell old fish.

for me totally shady and i abandoned a coin which is clean, the only point was that the dev-account was bought, but even that is enough for me.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:09:18 AM

He's going into hiding because he knows he is going to get his ass sued for slandering.

http://cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/cs201/projects/defamation-and-the-internet/sections/precedent/cases.html

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:15:42 AM

Which part of precedent do you not understand?   These are not internet rumors, it's been tried in court already.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:19:14 AM

Which part of precedent do you not understand?   These are not internet rumors, it's been tried in court already.

Yeah, and who here thinks their crypto affairs are all legal and above board to drag it through court?  Roll Eyes

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:20:08 AM

Seriously no scam coin pushes defamatory case would last 10 sec in a court room  Kiss
I would not be so sure. I've spent a lot of time around courts. If someone were to google Dan Metcalf's name then they would find a lot of defamatory stuff linked to this site. As Dan is a businessman in his own right this can only be damaging to him.
So the case is pretty clear. It would definitely last more than 10 seconds.
DreamSpace

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:20:21 AM

Yeah, and who here thinks their crypto affairs are all legal and above board to drag it through court?  Roll Eyes

let them dream on... lol
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:21:35 AM

This is no longer about the currency but about a legitimate businessman's reputation.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:22:46 AM

So the US have no free speech ? Oh my, are they that retarded ?
No one has the right to tell lies and defame another person. Not in the US, not anywhere.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:24:10 AM

Which part of precedent do you not understand?   These are not internet rumors, it's been tried in court already.

So the US have no free speech ? Oh my, are they that retarded ?

Are YOU that retarded?   Read the link I posted....   those are REAL court precedence.   They had to pay for online slandering and defamation.  

You slanderers have cost XC MILLIONS in market cap.   You are playing with fire.

DreamSpace

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

This is no longer about the currency but about a legitimate businessman's reputation.

but honestly is that something new here, i dont think so, i watched the fudstorm against syscoin, experienced the sharexcoin-exchange, moolah/mintpal, cryptorush
i saw the war between the cryptonotes and so on, it's nothing new and nothing special, the only real option is to show that the accusations are not true.
but if they are true i think we are going deeper into the rabbit hole then ever... don't know which will be the results after the waves calm down, but i bought
my popcorn.

cheers

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:26:35 AM

Are YOU that retarded?   Read the link I posted....   those are REAL court precedence.   They had to pay for online slandering and defamation.  

You slanderers have cost XC MILLIONS in market cap.   You are playing with fire.

You can't scare me away, i know my rights and i know that you are just bluffing.

Hey, I am not the one suing you.   You can think of this as a game as much as you want.   The fact is there for you to read.   However you want to take it, it's up to you.  

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:27:39 AM

but honestly is that something new here, i dont think so, i watched the fudstorm against syscoin, experienced the sharexcoin-exchange, moolah/mintpal, cryptorush
i saw the war between the cryptonotes and so on, it's nothing new and nothing special, the only real option is to show that the accusations are not true.
but if they are true i think we are going deeper into the rabbit hole then ever... don't know which will be the results after the waves calm down, but i bought
my popcorn.

cheers

The difference is that Dan is not an anon dev.   His real life business reputation is being slandered here and MILLIONS of XC marketcap evaporated due to these fudsters which causes real monetary damages that you can measure.

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:30:50 AM

You can't scare me away, i know my rights and i know that you are just bluffing.

Hey, I am not the one suing you.   You can think of this as a game as much as you want.   The fact is there for you to read.   However you want to take it, it's up to you.  

I dealt with more resilient noobs like you, its just you think XC is so great, even XMR was better at defending their coin.
Do you see BCX getting sued ? Get real.

Do whatever you want, it's your life.   Now, that you know that being sued for online slandering is not imaginary.   Continue to do whatever.  It will just help with the evidence more.   Now, you no longer can say you "didn't know" when that day comes for you.

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:35:40 AM

I dealt with more resilient noobs like you, its just you think XC is so great, even XMR was better at defending their coin.

Do whatever you want, it's your life.   Now, that you know that being sued for online slandering is not imaginary.   Continue to do whatever.  It will just help with the evidence more.   Now, you no longer can say you "didn't know" when that day comes for you.

How about we sue Dan for online scamming ?

Like I said, if you have REAL PROOF (and not just "proof" from these fud campaign), go ahead and sue.     Just ask yourself if you are joining these smear/slandering campaign without knowing what you are getting yourself into.     Your life is yours and it's your right to do whatever you want, just don't join the lemmings in jumping off a cliff if your conviction isn't 100%.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:57:21 AM

How about we sue Dan for online scamming ?

Like I said, if you have REAL PROOF (and not just "proof" from these fud campaign), go ahead and sue.     Just ask yourself if you are joining these smear/slandering campaign without knowing what you are getting yourself into.     Your life is yours and it's your right to do whatever you want, just don't join the lemmings in jumping off a cliff if your conviction isn't 100%.

This is happening everyday on bitcointalk. Why do you think NxT people have their own forum ? They gone through these shit.

Real proof of pump&dump is writtin in your XC chart and logs from all people around the world if you are that lazy i can show you some lines where DAN lied to their investors.

One of the main reasons for moving to our own forum (says the Nxt guy) was that it was becoming impossible to run Nxt based on threads on BTT, just too much stuff that needed to be done. The constant trolling was also a factor, but not the main reason.
By comparison, the grief that Spoetnik has brought on XC and Blocknet is just a little tiny droplet compared to the grief Nxt has gone through on here.......but Nxt is a solid project, and FUD means nothing in the long term.

If XC/BlockNet/DanM are gonna sue based on short term price fluctuations in an insanely volatile market, good luck to them. Like I say elsewhere, I've been threatened with legal actions on 2 occasions here on BTT, so I've done a lot of research (and spoken to several lawyers) and I know that proving 'corporate defamation' is not an easy job.

Libel would be much easier to prove, if there is any actual evidence that someone has libelled Dan M.
I have seen XC supporters come out with obviously untrue, libellous statements about Spoetnik, btw, this sort of counter-attack will only make Dan M/XC's case much more muddled.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

lol spoetnik, just a keyboard warrior after all, the timing he tells he is going offline tells something, maybe he has frauded too, he was good buddies with digitalindustry after all or he got paid to troll or something in his slandering that might get him in trouble, why would you hide yourself all of the sudden?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: