Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:13:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for investor of 8.5 BTC  (Read 7437 times)
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:48:56 AM

This still going?  I'll have to sub.  Still not sure what the "opportunity" is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 10:42:20 AM

Ok, if you insist : )

It's an IPO for an investment fund.

We will invest in other projects and firms registered on the GLBSE.

Dividends will be paid out regularly.

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:47:56 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 11:01:17 AM by John (johnthedong)

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON
Any reputable 'investment fund' should have the 8.5 BTC already. How are you going to generate the profits without a significant seed money? Not to mention that you're probably not going to verify with GLBSE considering your other thread, and that'll translate to a next-to-nil sharebuyers.

The 'hours and hours' means 3 hours and 44 minutes. It's not even enough for you to leave the newbie thread, and much more lowlife scammers have been known to spend more then that time in return for even lower profits.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 10:54:17 AM

SRON

You need to have some "skin in the game" otherwise there is no incentive to perform. If you cant even afford the initial listing fee it doesnt inspire confidence. As an investment fund you might also want to prove you know what you are talking about wrt bitcoin investing. I saw another fund do this by providing a comprehensive analysis of the current market.

Beans

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:55:58 AM

It's not very smart to invest with someone who doesn't have anything invested themselves. No offense.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:27:21 AM

This is to all newcomers to this thread:

Relax, have fun, invest.

Taz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:42:16 AM

New comers to this thread like myself have read the previous posts.
Sorry, I'm out.
LuaKT

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:24:58 PM

Relax, have fun, invest.

Telling people to relax and have fun isn't going to suddenly make them trust you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:21:02 PM

Relax, have fun, invest.

Some of the better traits for looking after other people's money is stress, OCD, look/read/calculate, repeat, and have something at risk.  Starting a "fund" with no capital isn't going to do it.

There are several established investing funds and they do not need to be listed on GLBSE to commence.  My personal favourite is based in Brazil.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:05:39 PM

And I'm out...
northlake

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:19:22 PM

A mistake made by people who are new to startups and entrepreneurship is to imagine that "the idea" is where the magic is, and to act secretive and weird and try to protect their precious idea or business concept from the prying eyes of outsiders. Chances are 20 other people have already thought of your magical unique thing
+1

Also, if you're not willing or capable of getting $60 into an exchange on your own, that doesn't reflect well upon your ability to get things done.
zorgberg

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:49:57 PM

OT: Whats the GBLSE?  since this is the newbie forums and all.  

EDIT: nevermind I typoed it and google gets me tehre if I do GLBSE Cheesy

Also this guy seems like  scammer to me, even though I know very little to bitcoins, he still gives that vibe.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 03:16:47 PM

I have given it some thought and I would actually like to sweeten the deal by offering 0.1% of the shares in return for the 8.5 BTC.

In terms of verification for the GLBSE, perhaps we could use your (the investor's) details to ensure that we comply with the regulations of that particular platform.

Regards

SRON

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 03:35:44 PM

you are going to need way more than 8.5BTC.
0.1% ? seriously ?

You are not offering anything. Action is needed, not just some idea. Ideas are plentiful action is much more rare.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:23:08 PM

I have given it some thought and I would actually like to sweeten the deal by offering 0.1% of the shares in return for the 8.5 BTC.

In terms of verification for the GLBSE, perhaps we could use your (the investor's) details to ensure that we comply with the regulations of that particular platform.

Regards

SRON

LOL verify with our details and give 8.5 BTC in return for an amazing 0.1% of shares!  Shocked
And if you take everyone's money and run, your poor investor would be the one to be blamed by everyone who bought shares.
Win-win for you!

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:31:11 PM

I have read this thread from beginning till the end.
You don't have a real plan, your original message keep changing.
People won't trust you, because you don't know how to execute your ideas and turn it into profits.
If someone is going to invest in you, that person wants guarantee that you are able to pull it off and return some kind of profit.
Most people on this forum took the risk to invest in equipment to mine bitcoins.
The early adopters having a head start, but it is never too late too jump on the wagon.
I myself start to mine in june 2011, not the best time to start.
A lot of people start to mine at that time, some are more successful than others, some people quit because it isn't profitable to mine for everyone.
If you truly believe in bitcoins, you should take the risk to invest in equipment to mine yourself some bitcoins.
It is still profitable to start mining if you have read the forum and able to lower your cost.
Nothing works without a plan.
Asking for money to invest without a good plan simply don't work.

RedGolpe

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:36:20 AM

8.5 BTC for a startup? Even if it were extremely profitable, say, 10% per year, it'll take you 75 years to reach 100,000 USD Smiley
drmoo66

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 11:08:38 PM

"Newbies" should be renamed to "Scammers Paradise"
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 11:33:15 PM

This thread is a complete joke.

"Relax, have fun, invest."  =  "Trust me but don't think about it, then give me your money."

An "investment fund" with 8.5 BTC?  And you're giving away 0.1% shares to your investor?  Wow, aren't you generous  Roll Eyes  So, even if you make 10,000 shares (for a face-value of .00085 BTC apiece), the investor, receiving 0.1% of them, will have a whopping 10 shares with a face-value sum of .0082 BTC.

By the way, I mine that much BTC in like 1-2 minutes.

And, then there's still the absolutely ludicrous fact that you only intend on repaying your investor if you break even!  Do you have any idea how long it will take you to break even aka 100% ROI?  Well, unless you're investing through pirate or a similar pass-through, my guess is that it will take 6-12 months if not longer.   Yeah, thanks but no thanks.  How about a 8.5 BTC loan with a payback of 9-10 BTC in 7 days?

This is one of the least thought out and unprepared business proposals I've ever heard.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:15:26 PM

We now accept investments on the following bitcoin address:

1J8BJKyV2dJZfESdY5w6CQ1n7b9rt4UJH5

The business model has been updated. We will primarily invest in development projects within the Bitcoin community.

8.5 BTC gets you 0.1% of the shares once the company has been registered on GLBSE or a competing platform.

0.85 BTC gets you 0.01% of the shares and so on. We will give away a maximum of 10% of the shares on this investment occasion.

Happy investing : )

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: