Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for investor of 8.5 BTC  (Read 7428 times)
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 11:12:43 AM

Hi there,

This is a newbie account but I have been following the Bitcoin forum for a long time.

I was wondering if someone would be interested in investing 8.5 BTC in an IPO/Startup?

I am about to set up an IPO on GLBSE and I would be happy to offer bitcoins to a value of 85 USD in return within 6 months, under condition that the venture is profitable enough to break even after all expenses are paid including this one.

Regards

SRON

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 11:13:55 AM

can you elaborate ?

Plunt

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:43:32 PM

agreed, surely you are in need of far more details in regards to what the company will do? is it another mining company? what track record do you have? what mining experience? what type of systems. the list is endless. highly recommend you revise your post so people can get a better idea.

that being said, best of luck with your IPO
bitcoinraffle.co

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

BitcoinRaffle.co

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 03:16:59 PM

Always interested in a good investment opportunity... but like the guys said, we need details.

50/50 Bitcoin Raffle!: 20 BTC Prize (50% to winner, 50% to winner's favorite charity), 0.01 BTC Tickets!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 03:22:22 PM

Hi there,

This is a newbie account but I have been following the Bitcoin forum for a long time.

I was wondering if someone would be interested in investing 8.5 BTC in an IPO/Startup?

I am about to set up an IPO on GLBSE and I would be happy to offer bitcoins to a value of 85 USD in return within 6 months, under condition that the venture is profitable enough to break even after all expenses are paid including this one.

Regards

SRON

In a nutshell: Who are you, and why should we trust you to not run off with the coins? 8.5 BTC seems small for an IPO, and if you do not have the ~$45 to invest how are you supposed to earn the 85 USD in return? Also, I'm concerned with this(highlighted). Are you in effective telling me that, 'I'll payback IF and only IF I profit, and you'll be stranded with no coins IF I don't profit.'

Sorry for being harsh - but there is a long drama in the lending subforum already which is related to this kind of 'investment' stuff.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 03:39:34 PM

Bitdragon,

It is an IPO within the intersection of financial services and web development. It is not a mining operation.

I estimate that the likeliness of me being able to provide said return on investment is 95%.

Anyone who wants to get involved with the operational side of the business can send me a message through this forum after the IPO.

The IPO will launch within three days from me being able to raise the initial investment of 8.5 BTC.

I do this because I believe in the BTC cryptocurrency. As a matter of fact, I think bitcoins will change the world forever and GLBSE and similar stock exchanges will play a large part in it. The question is how long it will take and whether it will happen in our lifetimes.

I am going to develop the company partially with the bitcoins raised through the IPO.

I hope that gives a somewhat clearer picture.

To other potential investors:

All investments come with risk. I will try to ensure that this venture is a success. If 8.5 BTC seems a bit steep I would be happy to split the amount on two investors of 4.25 BTC each. It is a micro investment but if we get along then perhaps we can collaborate again in the future.

Regards

SRON

bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 04:23:54 PM

8.5 BTC is the investment to launch a GLBSE IPO right?

How much are you looking to raise through the IPO ?

I don't understand what "offer bitcoins to a value of 85 USD in return within 6 months" means.

Does this relate to What I get in return ? the equivalent of 85USD per Bitcoin invested? 
95% chance of paying back within 6 months sounds a bit of a stretch for a business providing a service.

Pirate pass through bonds get attention on GLBSE not for being transparent but at least having a track record of living up to expectations.

there are no obligations, but on of the two would seem helpful to have some success on GLBSE.

I am all for supporting new Bitcoin businesses and feel free to jump in and expose the plan.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 04:29:51 PM

Scam detected?

On EVE Online this thread would be defined as "scam" by everyone

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 04:57:12 PM

This has scam written all over it.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 09:45:31 AM

BitDragon,

I am currently considering trying to raise bitcoins to a value of 100000 USD through the IPO.

What I am offering in this case is a micro investment:

Quote:

Explanation:

I will aim to return bitcoins to a value of 85 USD to the investor. 8.5 BTC today have a value of about 42.5 USD. Thus, this would be a 100% ROI if the venture is successful. It is a micro investment obviously but I am looking to collaborate with investors on a long term basis so this could be a good first contract to start with.

Regards

SRON

I will try to ignore negative remarks from negative people as much as possible. It's just not worth it.

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:53:14 AM

Does not compute. If your project can turn in a profit, then surely it can generate the 8.5BTC ?

Well hang on, that was before I read "I am currently considering trying to raise bitcoins to a value of 100000 USD through the IPO.".

Carry on.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:50:22 AM

BitDragon,

I am currently considering trying to raise bitcoins to a value of 100000 USD through the IPO.

What I am offering in this case is a micro investment:

Quote:

Explanation:

I will aim to return bitcoins to a value of 85 USD to the investor. 8.5 BTC today have a value of about 42.5 USD. Thus, this would be a 100% ROI if the venture is successful. It is a micro investment obviously but I am looking to collaborate with investors on a long term basis so this could be a good first contract to start with.

Regards

SRON

I will try to ignore negative remarks from negative people as much as possible. It's just not worth it.

This has scam written all over it.
This. Ignores me when I asked you about your identity too. Bolded part too.
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 11:03:24 AM

I would start by selling a smaller service or product to raise your 1st 8.5BTC_

Clearly, there is not much at all to base ourselves on.

How old are you?

Raising 45$ and then 100KUSD will require some transparency and a minimum of hype.

Through a PM, you could elaborate in more details and I will abide by a non disclosure agreement. Failure to not disclose will prompt payment of 10BTC immediately to you Smiley

And I will leave this here to hopefully inspire you Smiley
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2012/05/24/six-figure-businesses-built-for-less-than-100-17-lessons-learned/

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 07:28:13 PM

Scam confirmed  Wink

mike.wolf

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 07:37:16 AM

scam :d
wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:45:25 AM

scammer..
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 12:15:34 PM

Everyone who says scam or posts negative remarks have automatically disqualified themselves as investors in this project.

I want to work with reasonable people, the kind of people who do not judge too quickly, the type of investor who recognizes opportunity and legitimate projects.

I do not want to work with cavemen who as soon as they notice something they do not recognize start throwing rocks.

At the moment I am working on some other projects and I will return to this thread as soon as possible.

BitDragon, I will get back to you.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:36:32 PM

You want to raise thousands of dollars, and don't want to spend $45 bucks on a cryptocurrency that, in your own words, "will change the world forever"? Either you're really stupid, or just a scammer. I think it's the latter.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:38:12 PM

Will you accept Rexcoins?
terrytibbs

Activity: 560

View Profile