Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:03:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: months  (Read 1617 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 04:33:16 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:02:23 PM by usagi

months

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:01:01 PM

Watching with interest
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:24:10 PM

Sounds like a presidential speech.  I'm in.

What will you do about terrorists?
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:13:48 PM

Watching very closely  Smiley
publio

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:35:06 PM

Nice speech, bought the remaining discounted shares.  Good luck Smiley

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 02:47:43 AM

[...]
because we love you.
[...]

Excessive hyperbole, eloquent phrasing, exemplary word choice, and most importantly the above sentence.

Serena, I salute you.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 05:24:26 AM

hmm, who cares about 30% price drop if you can get 2%-6.8% interest per week? :-) BTW price of Gigamining shares went back up as it has quite high ROI, and additionally, the ask side almost didn't move at all
but nevertheless, I wish you good luck and happy investors with your fund  Wink
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:02:15 AM

It's also about investing in what you want to support. In mining, which helps secure the network, or in ponzi schemes and drug dealing.
GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:22:21 AM

hmm, who cares about 30% price drop if you can get 2%-6.8% interest per week? :-) BTW price of Gigamining shares went back up as it has quite high ROI, and additionally, the ask side almost didn't move at all
but nevertheless, I wish you good luck and happy investors with your fund  Wink

We own 140 shares of Gigamining, but the point is we also own positions of comparable size in many miners -- some of which pay out higher than gigamining. In the end you get the same dividend, but it's more stable. It's a pass through -- if we get 5 bitcoins in dividends from gigamining, we pay out 5 bitcoins in dividends to our shareholders. The benefit for YOU is as stated; strength through diversity.

That being said, yes, there is a demand for high yield financial bonds. May I suggest Gamma Bitcoin Fund, for a very profitable BMF-like fund which also invests in pirate bonds and other high-yield instruments? Your risk will be reduced if you let a fund manager handle diversity and trading for you. There are other funds similar to Gamma Bitcoin Fund too. I hear MU is good. It's run by friedcat who is a pretty cool guy. So check out GBF and MU, if you want a higher yield fund.

Well, I can handle my portfolio by myself, but thanks for the offer Cool
BTW, letting someone else manage your money is an additional risk. Do you work alone? What if some meteorite hits you on the street for instance?  Cheesy
friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:38:19 PM

but nevertheless, I wish you good luck and happy investors with your fund  Wink

We own 140 shares of Gigamining, but the point is we also own positions of comparable size in many miners -- some of which pay out higher than gigamining. In the end you get the same dividend, but it's more stable. It's a pass through -- if we get 5 bitcoins in dividends from gigamining, we pay out 5 bitcoins in dividends to our shareholders. The benefit for YOU is as stated; strength through diversity.

That being said, yes, there is a demand for high yield financial bonds. May I suggest Gamma Bitcoin Fund, for a very profitable BMF-like fund which also invests in pirate bonds and other high-yield instruments? Your risk will be reduced if you let a fund manager handle diversity and trading for you. There are other funds similar to Gamma Bitcoin Fund too. I hear MU is good. It's run by friedcat who is a pretty cool guy. So check out GBF and MU, if you want a higher yield fund.

Thanks for your advertisement in your own thread. If I were you I wouldn't do this. Wink

By the way, MU was only slightly Pirate related and recently turned to be totally away from Pirate.

GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:11:10 PM

Ultimately, I respect your position, funds are not for everyone. Obviously, a professional investor would be able to manage his own risk and walk away not paying the 5% of profits management fee. There are other issues however, such as, we can often get 10, 15 and 20% off a price because we buy 500, 1000 and 2,000 shares at a time. I pass this value along to investors. Plus, by virtue of our size, once we get a position we have no need to trade it and can wait it out to matutity while we buy into other investments. A lot of smaller investors mill their accounts, even unintentionally because they maintain small positions and look for short term gains of 30% or so. We take a much longer view and we pass this value on to our shareholders as well. Plus, it takes a long time to do research and get a good position and get a good investment in the first place. Have you factored in paying yourself to do this work? These and many other "unseen" costs will hurt your performance in the long run. But like I said, funds aren't for everyone. Some people actually enjoy doing due dilligence. Look at me, I run a fund.  Grin

Well, regarding low liquidity on GLBSE and low market cap of assets there, it might be very risky to get lot of shares of one particular asset (500, 1000, 2000). You might not be able to sell them soon, or maybe even never at a decent price. Market is not established well and conditions might change a lot. So it may pay out to be flexible these days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: