Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hufflepuff Making 2k BTC On PrimeDice Nov 2014. March 2015 Update: He Cheated  (Read 49966 times)
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:52:36 PM

That depends on how the seeds are generated. But I am sure it would be random and not selected from a list. And the probability of having the same seeds randomly is almost 0.

Almost 0 doesnt mean that it is imposible because there is still a posibillity for that. He might have been lucky enough to notice it and exploit it further. Although this all is a pure speculations and theories on how he did it, it hasnt been proven yet that two account rolling with the same seed could generate the same server seed.
Actually it still is pretty much impossible. Apart from seeds matching, we are also saying that someone happened to have seen the seeds and compared them. And I think Stunna did say it was a flaw he took advantage of.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David19

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:04:17 PM

That depends on how the seeds are generated. But I am sure it would be random and not selected from a list. And the probability of having the same seeds randomly is almost 0.

Almost 0 doesnt mean that it is imposible because there is still a posibillity for that. He might have been lucky enough to notice it and exploit it further. Although this all is a pure speculations and theories on how he did it, it hasnt been proven yet that two account rolling with the same seed could generate the same server seed.

I can 100% guarantee that is not possible. When seed is generated the same seed can not be generated on another account, its impossible. My best guess is he duplicated 2 same accounts and thats how he got a hold of same seed.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:09:14 PM

Actually it still is pretty much impossible. Apart from seeds matching, we are also saying that someone happened to have seen the seeds and compared them. And I think Stunna did say it was a flaw he took advantage of.

Well every is a theory and impossible until it is proven so and we had no idea on how he did this so what we are doing right now are speculating on something that might come to sense.
The flaw could mean anything, more interesting is that on how he was able to find that there is such flaw that will reveal the seed on the site

I can 100% guarantee that is not possible. When seed is generated the same seed can not be generated on another account, its impossible. My best guess is he duplicated 2 same accounts and thats how he got a hold of same seed.

By what you meant as duplicated account , do you mean that he have 2 account with the same username? I dont think this is kinda possible because each sites got their own system restriction whenever someone is trying to register with the same username though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MrQuickie

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:13:49 PM

But stunna already said that his accounts have the same seed that is how he cheated pd
David19

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:15:05 PM

Well every is a theory and impossible until it is proven so and we had no idea on how he did this so what we are doing right now are speculating on something that might come to sense.
The flaw could mean anything, more interesting is that on how he was able to find that there is such flaw that will reveal the seed on the site

By what you meant as duplicated account , do you mean that he have 2 account with the same username? I dont think this is kinda possible because each sites got their own system restriction whenever someone is trying to register with the same username though

I think hufflepuff somehow duplicated same UID on 2 different accounts and therefor he was able to reveal the seed on 1 without affecting the other one
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

I think hufflepuff somehow duplicated same UID on 2 different accounts and therefor he was able to reveal the seed on 1 without affecting the other one

Still not possible to have two account with the same UID though. Well if this is the case then he would have done it by keep on sending request to the server to make a new account but it will need a constant retry of doing this and not to mention the near zero possibilities of creating it

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
David19

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

Still not possible to have two account with the same UID though. Well if this is the case then he would have done it by keep on sending request to the server to make a new account but it will need a constant retry of doing this and not to mention the near zero possibilities of creating it

not if the 2 accounts were created same time
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:40:34 PM

not if the 2 accounts were created same time

Thats what I said, in order for him to do that he would have to send a constant request to the site to make an account. Anyway this all is a pure speculations. More or less we will still need to read what Stunna's explanations on this exploit otherwise this whole discussion on how he did it will be meaningless

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Oriannaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

well you cant really stop multiaccounting right, i mean all it requires is a simple vpn.

the only way to reduce the loss, is having mods to report or contact you for unusual win streaks for you to verify later when they want to withdraw and do it manually.   
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:05:21 PM

well you cant really stop multiaccounting right, i mean all it requires is a simple vpn.

the only way to reduce the loss, is having mods to report or contact you for unusual win streaks for you to verify later when they want to withdraw and do it manually.   
You do realize that huff with his main account was winning more than losing to steal those 2K BTC and don't raise any suspiciousness and only then with his robinhood account he won 140+ times in a row because stunna only then realized there was something wrong.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:08:38 PM

You do realize that huff with his main account was winning more than losing to steal those 2K BTC and don't raise any suspiciousness and only then with his robinhood account he won 140+ times in a row because stunna only then realized there was something wrong.

Makes you wonder what other accounts he was using or is using now even? must be very stressful running a dice site!
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:15:15 PM

Makes you wonder what other accounts he was using or is using now even? must be very stressful running a dice site!
The bug was patched he's not using any accounts now.If you by stressful meant profitable than yes it's very stressful to run a dice site.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:53:59 PM

The bug was patched he's not using any accounts now.If you by stressful meant profitable than yes it's very stressful to run a dice site.

Its profitable yeah but only if you are sucessful which take tons of hard work for starters.  Its going to be stressful wondering if you can be hacked.  Hey it must be nice to own primedice for sure but they are one of the best.
David19

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:11:06 PM

Investors are the one's who got fucked the most
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:57:25 AM

Luckily Primedice doesn't take investment, and so the only one suffering are the owners who have made much more than 2k btc in the past 2 years.

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:30:07 AM

Luckily Primedice doesn't take investment, and so the only one suffering are the owners who have made much more than 2k btc in the past 2 years.
From what I heard in the beginning days Primedice did take private investments to fund the bankroll, but seems that was before, and not sure about now. If they took investments, they would probably not be disclosing any bug information, so I doubt they still have any investments.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 06:04:50 AM

From what I heard in the beginning days Primedice did take private investments to fund the bankroll, but seems that was before, and not sure about now. If they took investments, they would probably not be disclosing any bug information, so I doubt they still have any investments.

Not really taking public investments but yes PrimeDice is funded not only by Stunna and Edward but also several others people. Might just be a small group of people whom Stunna knows pretty well.

P.S : Dooglus might be one of them ( I may be wrong though )

It is a risk which you have to endure as the funder of the site. "House always win" but the phrase doesnt mean that someone cant win big from the site. Which unfortunately in this case, 2k + BTC obtained by using some sort of exploit

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:27:22 AM

Not really taking public investments but yes PrimeDice is funded not only by Stunna and Edward but also several others people. Might just be a small group of people whom Stunna knows pretty well.

I'm not ( you are )

It is a risk which you have to endure as the funder of the site. "House always win" but the phrase doesnt mean that someone cant win big from the site. Which unfortunately in this case, 2k + BTC obtained by using some sort of exploit

I would imagine that each investor got fucked in proportion to the size of their investment.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 06:39:53 PM

I'm not ( you are )

This clears the rumours that I heard of you own some stake at PrimeDice though, thanks for clarifying it  Wink

I would imagine that each investor got fucked in proportion to the size of their investment.

Each investors are losing based on their portion of the investment but Stunna is the one losing more in this case , not just on financial term which I believe he owns the biggest stake of the funding of PrimeDice but also lose some trust as people tend to believe before this "accident" happened that PrimeDice has no flaw with their system

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
David19

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:38:39 PM

I'm not ( you are )

This clears the rumours that I heard of you own some stake at PrimeDice though, thanks for clarifying it  Wink

Each investors are losing based on their portion of the investment but Stunna is the one losing more in this case , not just on financial term which I believe he owns the biggest stake of the funding of PrimeDice but also lose some trust as people tend to believe before this "accident" happened that PrimeDice has no flaw with their system

I am almost 100% sure stunna owns like 20-30% of the bankroll, maybe even less and rest is from private investors
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: