Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy any zeus/gaw miners hoping to upgrade them to the Gen III boards.  (Read 2817 times)
cloudminerDW (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:23:15 PM

I am quite surprised no one has started a thread in this forum letting fellow scrypt miners know that Zeus canceled the production of the Gen III boards and are offering those who pre-ordered 2 options.

1) convert your pre-order payment into Hashing power at the price they're charging which in most cases is 3 times what we paid for the hardware to own it.

2) a refund which for many of the bigger pre-order people will amount to a big loss of money due to the drop in BTC/LTC value compared to when they actually pre-ordered ( if your pre-order was say 4 btc at $500 per BTC , your refund will be 4 btc based on current market value when they decide to actually send the refund. )  The refund will take up to 2 weeks for them to send it even though it took minutes for them to receive it from us.

I for one didn't lose much. i only pre-order a couple of thier low end blizzard x3 miner upgrade boards to convert a few 1.3 mhs miners into 10 mhs miners. But i did go out and actually buy 1.3 mhs miners for the express purpose of upgrading them. so now i'm stuck with miners i would have never even considered buying in the first place.

But there are many people out there who spent 10's of thousands who are now out a lot of money.

they even went as far as to try to tell us that 80% of the people who bought into the pre-ordered , e-mailed them back , requesting to convert thier volcanoes and GEN III boards into hashing power on thier new cloudmining service.

they expect us to believe that 80% of these people were willing to spend up to $15.00 US for 1 mhs of cloudmining service that charges fees instead of around $5 US per MHs to own the hardware and run it on our own networks.

spread the news. don't let this get buried. People need to know how this company does business.

this is the actual e-mail that was sent out to everyone who pre-ordered the new Volcano and or GEN III Upgrade boards.

This is Terry and I am the CEO of ZeusMiner.

I am writing to you because you have placed a pre-order for a Volcano or GEN III blade products with our company.

I would personally like to thank you for your trust in us but also have an important matter that I want to discuss with you today.

When we have announced the pre-orders in September a lot of customers like you, have used this chance and placed an order for our Volcano/GEN III Batch 1 for December delivery. A month later ZeusHash, our cloud-hashing platform went online and we were amazed by its instant success with over 12,000 customers signing up in less than a month.

Since that time our customer service has received a lot of messages from Volcano pre-order customers - you might have been one of them - who asked us if it is not possible to change their pre-orders for December into a ZeusHash Cloud-hashing with instant BTC/LTC mining.

We took time to think about this possibility carefully, and as more and more similar requests were coming in we even hired an outside analyst team to support us in this difficult decision for our company.

The main reasons Volcano customers,who wanted to change to ZeusHash and start mining coins immediately,stated, were their growing concerns about the constantly low LTC and BTC price and the coin difficulty climbing sharply. As every investment is about ROI, we completely understand and agree to their concerns.

The analysts estimated that the moment we would allow the switch from Volcano to ZeusHash over 80% of the Volcano pre-order customers would take advantage of this possibility. But this would mean for us that it would be impossible to continue the production of the Volcano because of the low production volume.

From the moment we have received the first pre-order payment for a Volcano we have set aside this money in secured accounts in the same way we have received it (USD, BTC, LTC) and have used our own funds to finance the R&D of the Volcano.

For ZeusMiner the most important factor was always to listen to the community and work together with it to build up a strong and powerful Scrypt mining industry. Flexibility is a vital factor and we have realized that at this point we have to make a decision, either to listen to what the majority of our Volcano customers wants even it means that we have to accept that the money we put already into R&D will be lost or to continue to produce the Volcano.

We have stuck to our main principle to always put customers first and I as CEO of ZeusMiner have decided to halt the production of the Volcano and GEN III chip blades.

We have worked out two solutions that we think both will benefit you

1)Transfer your Volcano pre-order to ZeusHash for instant hashing. You will receive an extra 10% discount on top of the already extremely low Halloween Special promotion

2)Refund of the FULL amount including shipping costs in exactly the same way we have received funds from you (USD, BTC or LTC)
PLUS

If you have ordered at least 1 Volcano we will put FREE 10 GHS into your ZeusHash account
If you have ordered GEN III blades, you will receive FREE 5 GHS into your ZeusHash account

You may click HERE to let us know your decision. Log in with your account in ZeusMiner. (If it is your first time at ZeusHash, please try to log in with your Email and Password at ZeusMiner).

If you have purchased through one of our distributors, please be so kind and contact them for conversion/refund.

It has been a very difficult decision for us to make and we didn't take it lightly, but we feel that this decision reflects what the community wanted from us.

I apologize to you for having to make this decision and thank you for your support. If you have any questions, comments or anything to tell me directly, please send me a message to my personal email terry@zeusminer.com

With Best Regards

ZeusMiner CEO
Terry Li

cloudminerDW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:21:32 PM

Maybe you didnt have time to look for it here post a few days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768913.0
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

Maybe you didnt have time to look for it here post a few days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768913.0

That's a discussion in a sales thread from Zeus. He wanted to create a new thread pointing out this certain issue, which lets more people know.

Bad move from Zeus, they will lose lots of customers.
Bobbs

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:46:26 AM

I agree it will cost them some sales for sure.  Undecided
cloudminerDW (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:15:33 AM

i posted in there tom. but the topic of that thread announced the pre-order. the cancellation is buried and it doesn't make any one aware of what they did.

So i felt this was the best way for people to know.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:03:21 PM

Angry
What the f*** does it mean - HALT? Does it mean that it can be resumed once, or it was completely stopped, cancelled and we better should forget about it forever?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
asic-miner

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:25:15 AM

it was completely stopped, cancelled and we better should forget about it forever?..

Exactly that, at least as long as they can make more profit with the cloud shit.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:32:34 PM

I'm totally bummed by this - I was ready to order 32 Gen III boards but at least these are coming on line in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

http://shop.lifeforce.info

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:56:42 PM

it was completely stopped, cancelled and we better should forget about it forever?..

Exactly that, at least as long as they can make more profit with the cloud shit.

every other day there's a new email from them about dropping prices - dropping maint fee - price per MH/s - I think they shot themselves in the foot - seriously. I don;t know a single person who uses them. Myself and everyone I know uses ltcgear - great prices - great payouts....

but I'm still wondering when I see the huge jumps in ltc net hash if zeus is testing out their new farms and the machines they kept for themselves.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
asic-miner

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:45:16 AM

every other day there's a new email from them about dropping prices - dropping maint fee - price per MH/s - I think they shot themselves in the foot - seriously. I don;t know a single person who uses them. Myself and everyone I know uses ltcgear - great prices - great payouts....

but I'm still wondering when I see the huge jumps in ltc net hash if zeus is testing out their new farms and the machines they kept for themselves.

I doubt they are close to "80 % of our pre-order customers asked for exchange miner to cloud". Probably people are smart enough to not buying their shit, so they need to mine themselves.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

http://minerdesk.com/zeushash-may-start-terminating-scrypt-cloud-mining-contracts/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: