Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitding.com - btc penny auction - free btc to select bitcointalk accounts  (Read 5317 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:17:55 PM

It's really not that weird. The people is one person. If you're watching the auctions as closely as I am you'll see that the past winner of the Xbox one you're referencing is only bidding up to a certain amount and then backs off.

Makes sense, right, an Xbox One for 0.05 BTC or thereabouts is a pretty good deal.

Ah wait, I stand corrected. You are correct, it is indeed more than one person. I see two previous winners auto bidding for an Xbox One.

yes, I mean one person bidding on another xbox one dispite winning one already is weird, 2 people doing it doesnt make much sense.
g-uid (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:34:59 PM

yes, I mean one person bidding on another xbox one dispite winning one already is weird, 2 people doing it doesnt make much sense.

It makes perfect sense when they are bidding for an item that is 90% less its retail price. One could sell the item (even if you already own it) for a healthy profit.

Again, we have a very small user base so it's expected to see the same users over and over.
avicii123

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:08:26 PM

im willing to try this out,

I have pmed you my username on bitding Smiley
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

Well I am surprised and glad to say I won an item. I have filled in my shipping details and I am eager to see if it gets delivered.

Not sure what type of shipping, but would be great to get a tracking number. Also where exactly does the item ship from?
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:50:01 AM

Well I am surprised and glad to say I won an item. I have filled in my shipping details and I am eager to see if it gets delivered.

Not sure what type of shipping, but would be great to get a tracking number. Also where exactly does the item ship from?

Item ships out tomorrow morning, you will receive it by Friday.

Will PM you a tracking number when we receive it.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:55:28 AM

im willing to try this out,

I have pmed you my username on bitding Smiley

Sorry but you need more trust on this forum first.

We're only giving trusted and senior bitcointalk forum members free BTC because they inherently carry more trust than newbie accounts.
Knecke

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

I would like to test it, can i get free btc for testing?

my nickname is: Knecke
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:34:33 AM

I would like to test it, can i get free btc for testing?

my nickname is: Knecke

Done. Good luck!
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:32:23 AM

username: Bajksi
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:10:59 PM

Account has been tipped up. Good luck!
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Account has been tipped up. Good luck!

Thanks
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:49:09 PM

I am glad to post and say that I received the xbox one I won last week. here are 2 pictures of the sealed box I took of it, http://imgur.com/JH7k6MP,UzqXtWa

Fyi it was shipped directly from amazon.
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:35:46 AM

I am glad to post and say that I received the xbox one I won last week. here are 2 pictures of the sealed box I took of it, http://imgur.com/JH7k6MP,UzqXtWa

Fyi it was shipped directly from amazon.

good to hear. definitely more interested now
BlackMarket

Activity: 322

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:22:55 PM

is free BTC still available ?
troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:10:07 PM

Username: troy112
Nice service, would like to try.
Suggestion: Try advertising on some crypto news sites like coindesk, cryptocoinnews, etc most of them do sponsored service, putting on forum is a think of old.

Question: If i can understand correctly from just seeing, site takes a fee of 0.0015 per bid and adds 0.0001 to the value. So, i pay 0.0015 for my each bid, even if i win or lose?
Also, if i win i pay the value of the item as well.?
And how does the sniper bid work?

Still researching the site....
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:58:45 PM

Good questions, we're setting up an FAQ page to address these as well as other questions. Also trying to make the UI more intuitive so they don't have to be asked to start with.

Suggestion: Try advertising on some crypto news sites like coindesk, cryptocoinnews, etc most of them do sponsored service, putting on forum is a think of old.

Much appreciated, thanks.

If i can understand correctly from just seeing, site takes a fee of 0.0015 per bid and adds 0.0001 to the value. So, i pay 0.0015 for my each bid, even if i win or lose? Also, if i win i pay the value of the item as well.?

Yes, think of it as a fee to make a bid. You won't be allowed to make a bid if you don't have the funds to pay for the item if you win. If you do win then the funds for the total price will automatically be deducted from your account. We're thinking of changing this to where you pay when you are ready, much like an eBay auction. Just a matter of gathering more feedback.

And how does the sniper bid work?

You setup a sniper bid when you want the system to automatically bid on your behalf. Basically you tell it at what price you want to start bidding and how many bids you want it to make on your behalf. This is totally the way to do it, it's very unlikely to win the auction with manual bids, precisely because everyone else is using snipers.

g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:08:46 PM

is free BTC still available ?

Yeup
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:31:32 PM

Auctions from this week:

Xbox One  0.20920   -- Won (and verified) by starsoccer of bitcointalk
Xbox One  0.53060
PS4           0.28410
Xbox One  0.54630
Xbox One  0.19210

Ordinarily we'd post the username associated with every auction, but we're moving away from this. Pretty soon usernames displayed will be replaced with the first three characters of a username followed by *'s (like eBay). The reason for this is because of having identified collusion and other forms of abuse from rogue users who are able to identify others through their usernames, this is strictly forbidden in our terms and conditions. Happy to make an exception for bitcoin users for now (ergo starsoccer mentioned above), since they will find each other regardless of whether or not we post the usernames.

Any suggestions or specific products you want to see? Let us know.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:11:00 AM

It's really not that weird. The people is one person. If you're watching the auctions as closely as I am you'll see that the past winner of the Xbox one you're referencing is only bidding up to a certain amount and then backs off.

Makes sense, right, an Xbox One for 0.05 BTC or thereabouts is a pretty good deal.

Ah wait, I stand corrected. You are correct, it is indeed more than one person. I see two previous winners auto bidding for an Xbox One.

Any plans to auction some PS4's? Kinda hoping to win one with the remaining free money I have.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:18:04 AM

Any plans to auction some PS4's? Kinda hoping to win one with the remaining free money I have.

Either the next auction or the one thereafter will be a PS4
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: