Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitding.com - btc penny auction - free btc to select bitcointalk accounts  (Read 5321 times)
snuff

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:06:37 AM

Interesting, I signed up. Do I qualify for some BTC to try it out?
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

It's really not that weird. The people is one person. If you're watching the auctions as closely as I am you'll see that the past winner of the Xbox one you're referencing is only bidding up to a certain amount and then backs off.

Makes sense, right, an Xbox One for 0.05 BTC or thereabouts is a pretty good deal.

Ah wait, I stand corrected. You are correct, it is indeed more than one person. I see two previous winners auto bidding for an Xbox One.

Any plans to auction some PS4's? Kinda hoping to win one with the remaining free money I have.

Either the next auction or the one thereafter will be a PS4

Okay great. If I win tho I will have alot of luck and be surprised.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

I'm about to sign up. Any chance of gettin a bit of free BTC to bid with? I am quite tempted to send some BTC there, but would like to try it out first.

g-uid (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:08:58 PM

I'm about to sign up. Any chance of gettin a bit of free BTC to bid with? I am quite tempted to send some BTC there, but would like to try it out first.

Sure, PM your username and we'll top up your account
mistercoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 03:09:20 PM

Holy shit if I can win an xbox one or ps4 for 0.02~ BTC id shit myself.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:57:44 PM

haha, I won one for .2 Wink. hoping for a ps4 next
mistercoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

damn you luckkkyyyy!

Im still waitin on my free BTC to play with Sad

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

damn you luckkkyyyy!

Sad im running low on free btc. May have to deposit soon. Tho I am still a bit iffy on if I should deposit or not.
snuff

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:12:54 AM

I deposited some earlier since I didn't hear anything about some free BTC. It appears there is no way to withdraw it once its there, at least as far as I can tell.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:31:53 PM

I deposited some earlier since I didn't hear anything about some free BTC. It appears there is no way to withdraw it once its there, at least as far as I can tell.

PM me your username on bitding and I will top up your account
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 12:27:09 AM

I'd like to win a free xbox one (or PS4)! Cheesy
My username: allen20008

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 03:08:05 AM

damn you luckkkyyyy!

Sad im running low on free btc. May have to deposit soon. Tho I am still a bit iffy on if I should deposit or not.

Holy shit, you did win it!  Hope I can be as lucky as you! Tongue
snuff

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:16:35 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 05:34:30 AM by snuff

Congrats on the sweet deal on a PS4. I thought it was going much higher so I hadn't even bid on it yet.

Will there be another PS4 auction soon?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:17:23 PM

I have noticed a problem with the site as show in the picture below, http://imgur.com/nBq8Hkq

The first person bid at 6am but the second bid at 7am. shouldnt the first person have won at 6am or is there a hidden minimum price?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:02:41 AM

If the offer for free BTC remains, I'm registered under the name 'bitspill'.

Thanks.

{ BitSpill }
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:31:41 PM

I have noticed a problem with the site as show in the picture below, http://imgur.com/nBq8Hkq

The first person bid at 6am but the second bid at 7am. shouldnt the first person have won at 6am or is there a hidden minimum price?

There is no "hidden minimum price", quite insulting that you said this. More so since you were one of the successful winners in the past.

This is simple to explain:

- First bid is a standard bid, note the "Std" next to koko's name, this means that he manually pushed in the bid
- Second bid is a Sniper bid, note the "SNP" next to his name, this means the system put it in on the user's behalf when the user configured a sniper bid

Koko basically put in his first bid shortly after the auction started. The other users set their sniper bids up which only kick in just before an auction is about to end.

g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

If the offer for free BTC remains, I'm registered under the name 'bitspill'.

Thanks.

Account topped up. Good luck!
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:13:26 PM

There is no "hidden minimum price", quite insulting that you said this. More so since you were one of the successful winners in the past.

- First bid is a standard bid, note the "Std" next to koko's name, this means that he manually pushed in the bid
- Second bid is a Sniper bid, note the "SNP" next to his name, this means the system put it in on the user's behalf when the user configured a sniper bid

Koko basically put in his first bid shortly after the auction started. The other users set their sniper bids up which only kick in just before an auction is about to end.

I apologize, I clearly misunderstood how auctions started. I thought auctions started at the smallest price with 0 time set. Thanks for clarifying.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:22:25 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 07:16:21 AM by bitspill

I apologize, I clearly misunderstood how auctions started. I thought auctions started at the smallest price with 0 time set. Thanks for clarifying.
It should perhaps be mentioned somewhere that the timer begins at, say, 3 hours and is then extended for 30 seconds with each bid.

@g-uid Thanks for the account top up, hopefully I'm as lucky as starsoccer9.

Edit: Do we have any PS4's coming up again? At this time I seem to have missed the PS4 by two auctions
Edit: PS4 auction just started

{ BitSpill }
snuff

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:01:09 AM

I have a question about how the sniper bids work. I set up some earlier and it seems after every second bid that was not mine I would automatically bid 1 second after someone else bids and the time would increase to 1:20 instead of :50 like usual. For example jelli3108 bids at 9:55:32 the 30 seconds later wancman bids at 9:56:03 then I bid 1 second later at 9:56:04. I have seen this happen with other users but I have also watched long periods with bids only every 30 seconds. What causes this, is this how it should work?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: