Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitding.com - btc penny auction - free btc to select bitcointalk accounts  (Read 5317 times)
g-uid (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:52:18 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 02:25:06 PM by g-uid

bitding.com is a penny auction site for bitcoin.

The way a penny auction site works is simple: auction starts at 0.0001 ฿ 0.00001  BTC and increments 0.0001 ฿ 0.00001  BTC per bid. Each bid costs 0.0015 BTC and every time a bid is made the auction clock is extended by 30 seconds.

There's been a few btc penny auction sites over the last year, so we've tried to differentiate ourselves:

1. We only run a single auction at a time
2. We auction items that we think most people would want (so no kitchenware, towel sets or Shell gift cards!). Auctions over the next week include Microsoft Xbox One's, Kindle Fire HDX's and Ipad's.
3. We don't expect the initial set of users from this forum to trust us with their coin so we are giving away FREE BTC to trusted bitcointalk users who sign up with us. Simply contact us on this forum and let us know your bitding username. Provided you are a trusted user we will then load your Bitding account with free BTC so you can bid on an auction. All we ask is that you let folks in this thread/forum know if you win anything.

If you find and report any significant bugs we'll reward you with BTC straight to your Bitding account.

If you have any feature suggestions or items that you want to see auctioned then let us know in this thread.

Please note that we only ship to Europe, USA and Canada.

* 11/18/2014 auctions now start at ฿ 0.00001 and increase per bid set to ฿ 0.00001
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:43:30 PM

Xbox One just sold for 0.4713 BTC. Congrats to ramonpq!
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:46:38 PM

Username : Nobitcoin

Hope you give me enough so I can get an Xbox One  Grin
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:01:36 AM

Username : Nobitcoin

Hope you give me enough so I can get an Xbox One  Grin

Loaded your account with enough BTC to give you a good chance. Good luck!
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:08:02 PM

Another Xbox one sold for 0.3723BTC. Congrats to ggpozos.

Next Xbox One auction has already started.. If you're bidding, you're going to be a lot more successful with the sniper bid feature.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:20:02 PM

Latest auction had an Xbox One sold to judykanova for 0.38920.

Next up is a PS4 which has already started.

Have yet to see a bitcointalk user win an auction.

Be sure to contact us if you want an account preloaded with BTC.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:49:09 PM

Yes I hope to win, but my concern is as follows how do we know you will actually send a xbox or in this case playstation and not just take the deposited funds and run?

Also I find it very weird that the same users that won are bidding on the same item.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:04:20 PM

Yes I hope to win, but my concern is as follows how do we know you will actually send a xbox or in this case playstation and not just take the deposited funds and run?

Also I find it very weird that the same users that won are bidding on the same item.

Perfectly valid concerns. I don't expect you to trust me and so I have put my money where my mouth is. So for your account you're using my money that I seeded your account with. If you win, it will be with my money (I don't expect bitcointalk users to trust us at all, ergo the reason I am giving trusted users free BTC). Note that you can't bid for an item if you don't have the funds to pay for it, so you shouldn't have to deposit any more of your own funds should you win.

It makes sense to keep seeing the same users, we only have a very small user base (around 50 now) and they are mostly using the sniper feature (for automatic bidding). At the end of the day a brand new Xbox One for less than 50% of the price is still a damn good deal, regardless of whether or not you already own one, I guess that's why previous winners feel the need to bid for the same item again.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:55:23 AM

Having a bit of a problem receiving payments through Bitpay. Please be patient as we sort this out.

Thanks!
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:47:55 AM

Perfectly valid concerns. I don't expect you to trust me and so I have put my money where my mouth is. So for your account you're using my money that I seeded your account with. If you win, it will be with my money (I don't expect bitcointalk users to trust us at all, ergo the reason I am giving trusted users free BTC). Note that you can't bid for an item if you don't have the funds to pay for it, so you shouldn't have to deposit any more of your own funds should you win.

It makes sense to keep seeing the same users, we only have a very small user base (around 50 now) and they are mostly using the sniper feature (for automatic bidding). At the end of the day a brand new Xbox One for less than 50% of the price is still a damn good deal, regardless of whether or not you already own one, I guess that's why previous winners feel the need to bid for the same item again.

Thats not quite what I am saying. I am saying after we win, we still have to pay for the item. By this I mean, I bid on the xbox one and win it at .3 BTC. I still have to send you 0.3 BTC and trust you will actully ship it to me.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:49:48 AM

Thats not quite what I am saying. I am saying after we win, we still have to pay for the item. By this I mean, I bid on the xbox one and win it at .3 BTC. I still have to send you 0.3 BTC and trust you will actully ship it to me.

I get it, but that is incorrect. You won't be allowed to bid if you don't have enough in your account to pay for the item.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:24:04 PM

yes, which means to win almost any item I still must deposit. The playstation 4 is at .3 btc. Which means I cant win it and I havent seen any item close under .25, therefore I have to depost in order to win and trust you which I dont.

So I wont be depositing.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:57:55 PM

Understood. Gonna up your account a little more to give you a better chance. Makes sense since not many bitcointalk users have joined.

Good luck!
eden1

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

i will signup, do u guys sell digital goods?

g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:25:47 PM

i will signup, do u guys sell digital goods?

We'd be open to auctioning digital goods. What items were you thinking specifically?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:44:41 PM

Just curious, but cant anyone auction an item or only you can? I just mean if I have a bitcoin miner to sell could I give it to you to auction off?
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:59:21 PM

Just curious, but cant anyone auction an item or only you can? I just mean if I have a bitcoin miner to sell could I give it to you to auction off?

That would be an interesting take on this type of auction. Unfortunately consumer rights being what they are (and rightly so), we're only open to auctioning brand new goods direct from the retailers.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:35:14 AM

That would be an interesting take on this type of auction. Unfortunately consumer rights being what they are (and rightly so), we're only open to auctioning brand new goods direct from the retailers.

Glad you like the idea.

Still I find it very weird that people who won an xbox one already are still bidding on another xbox one.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:34:26 AM

Still I find it very weird that people who won an xbox one already are still bidding on another xbox one.

It's really not that weird. The people is one person. If you're watching the auctions as closely as I am you'll see that the past winner of the Xbox one you're referencing is only bidding up to a certain amount and then backs off.

Makes sense, right, an Xbox One for 0.05 BTC or thereabouts is a pretty good deal.
g-uid (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:01:13 AM

It's really not that weird. The people is one person. If you're watching the auctions as closely as I am you'll see that the past winner of the Xbox one you're referencing is only bidding up to a certain amount and then backs off.

Makes sense, right, an Xbox One for 0.05 BTC or thereabouts is a pretty good deal.

Ah wait, I stand corrected. You are correct, it is indeed more than one person. I see two previous winners auto bidding for an Xbox One.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: