Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People think price it not important but it does matter a lot  (Read 3213 times)
wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:32:43 PM

Yeah obviously. A semi nobrainer would even know this
Demand supply price. Right?

Also i see ppl saying "stop converting btc to fiat" but what if btc was 500$ today so i go to expedia which i use often in real life , and pay 500$(1btc) next day btc drops to 300 and ill have to pay more than 1btc for the same trip.

Btc to fiat conversion is very necessary until btc stand as a currency itself. Btc is not a currencywether u guys hope to believe it or not.
Price also should reflect the demand.
Price is halved but transaction has doubled since last year.
I hope u guys know what this means

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2395
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:17:17 PM

price doesn't matter for the practical future of Bitcoin. we are not talking about an investment instrument here. transaction is rising, so is the usage

Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:24:22 PM

Price is halved but transaction has doubled since last year.
I hope u guys know what this means

No. What does it mean? (except that bitcoin adoption/usage has gone up)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 09:31:13 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it. So why don't you just spend fiat directly?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it. So why don't you just spend fiat directly?

We need a btc economy.
If a product cost 1 btc, that's the reason of buying btc. If it's value is nominatedone in fiat no reasons to use btc at all

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:09:03 PM

Its a fair question though, isn't it, even if widespread adoption is what we all would like to see - and when you add on the various transaction/conversion fees of acquiring the bitcoin in the first place/lack of buyer protection - well, it doesn't, as things stand currently, make btc massively attractive for purchases.

To the average Jo, why not spend fiat directly ?

Or will btc eventually pan out to be a store of wealth only, like gold - or a reserve currency maybe ? A speculative investment ?

The whole point, for me, was that it offered the potential to democratise money to the people

There were once promises/dreams that purchases made via btc would be cheaper - as retailers would pass on the lower tx fees on to consumers - but they haven't.

Why not ?
wesk1212 (OP)

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

We need a btc economy.
If a product cost 1 btc, that's the reason of buying btc. If it's value is nominatedone in fiat no reasons to use btc at all

I agree
Thats what imsaying. Bitcoin needs its own economy to be its OWN currency.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:25:21 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it.

you don't have to spend the BTC. you can also "lock" the price (hedging) with futures

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:29:09 PM

As long as BTC keeps going down relative to fiat, then you need to spend BTC the instant you get it.

you don't have to spend the BTC. you can also "lock" the price (hedging) with futures

Could you explain that to my Grandma please ? She is called Jo (Joanna) - and is very average.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

Could you explain that to my Grandma please ? She is called Jo (Joanna) - and is very average.

Grandma isn't even able to learn to buy BTC....that's the big problem of BTC...and daddy doesn't want to, even if he could learn it, because there is no "oficial protection"

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:41:57 PM

Sure, if you want all your BTC to be stolen because you sent it to a private key not under your exclusive control.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:47:30 PM

Sure, if you want all your BTC to be stolen because you sent it to a private key not under your exclusive control.

actualy, you only need to send 1/10 (in case of okcoin) because of 10x leverage (796 has even 20x). but i get your point.

gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:53:10 PM

The migration to a BTC only economy (even if it would ever happen) will not be instantaneous, you can't just wake up one day and everything is priced in bitcoins.

You need to take in consideration the exchange rate and then you have the following problem: If a BTC = 100 USD and there can only be max 21 million BTC (a lot of them already lost anyway), you can not move more than 2.1 bln. USD/transaction (even if you use all BTC that (will ever) exist), so how the can you do transactions that are larger than this amount .

As for current situation, only companies that deal only in BTC (including paying employees&taxes in BTC) would be able to price their products solely in bitcoins, so that is not going to happen soon.

Also bitcoin adoption for consumer purposes (e.g. buying stuff with btc) will only happen if there will be important discounts offered to buyers that uses BTC (vs. buyers using fiat). But that is either not going to happen soon as the lower transaction fees that you win as a seller (vs. creditcard payment) are then overwhelmed by the fees that the buyer need to pay in order to get bitcoins from fiat and tne ones that you need to pay in order to convert btc back to fiat (so in the end buyer ends up paying more in BTC than equivalent in fiat).  

NoPunIntended

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

Grandma isn't even able to learn to buy BTC....that's the big problem of BTC...and daddy doesn't want to, even if he could learn it, because there is no "oficial protection"

This is something which is holding it back.

But, This is why a lot of companies need to offer a discount when paying with Bitcoin to give an incentive for buying BTC & spending straight away it would have to be a worthwhile discount though.
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:45:56 AM

Understanding Bitcoin is what matters.
segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:47:27 AM

The first step is understanding bitcoin.
Price comes later on down the road.

It is a process of coin switching from weak hands to strong hands is all.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
jsgayo

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:19:06 AM

Application is Bitcoin foundation. The price is a matter of course.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:05:13 AM

Price is important depending on the amount of currency you have.

If I have a ten million dollar bank account, I don't care if a loaf of bread is $2 or $10. 

It's all relative.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:34:32 AM

Price matters to everyone but what bitcoin stands for and the work that is behind it is the most important. It is still a new idea.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:35:04 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/why-bitcoin-value-doesnt-matter/

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: