Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:21:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping New Miners Make Some Coin  (Read 1210 times)
brucegregory (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:52:03 AM

I have a few small mining rigs pulling about 800 Mhs combined, but it took me a month to build each one. I want to help new members that cannot buy $150-$800 GPUs. I am proposing a share-like set-up; for example:

--I have a new card that will be in the set-up costing $800.

--Someone wants to put in $8.

--I earn a bitcoin.

-- They will recieve 8% of that bitcoin until they make their 150% investment back.

Does that sound feasible? If nobody wants to do it thats also okay, I can understand the trust issue, but I will make a website (paying from my own pocket) so you can monitor you investments.

I am not doing this to profit, but to help the bit coin community. I know how hard it is to start up, and I want bitcoin to profit.

If you want to join my set-up or want more info please PM me or reply to the post,

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faisal7

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:53:04 AM

same old tired line "i want bitcoin to succeed" lol

think we haven't heard that one before? hahah
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:55:39 AM

There are already plenty of mining co-ops on GLBSE

brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:00:25 AM

Okay.. Sorry guys. I guess the newer people are already getting help.

Thanks anyway.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:06:13 AM

Moded the links a bit Wink

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:08:33 AM

Ignore him, troll account.

same old tired line "i want bitcoin to succeed" lol

think we haven't heard that one before? hahah

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:14:40 AM

I am not trying to troll. I just know how the start up costs are. I am 17 and I have just recently got a job after school let out for the summer and invested ~$900 in bitcoin. I am honestly wanted to help, but I understand the trust issue and will not post anymore about it. It was just a basic idea I had.

Sorry for any misconceptions.

Liberty Payout

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:21:41 AM

I am not trying to troll. I just know how the start up costs are. I am 17 and I have just recently got a job after school let out for the summer and invested ~$900 in bitcoin. I am honestly wanted to help, but I understand the trust issue and will not post anymore about it. It was just a basic idea I had.

Sorry for any misconceptions.

He was referring to Faisel, who comes to the internet simply to be a dick towards others. Pay him no mind and you will see he will go away.
brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:22:35 AM

Ok, sorry for that.

Thanks for the information.

Liberty Payout

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:22:47 AM

I would like some help though as I am new. Do you have a skype I can talk to you on?
austonst

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:26:10 AM

Mining co-ops on GLBSE have been very successful so far; I'm guessing there's room in the market for another. If you feel up for it, you could start your own and see if some people will join you. Prove that you can handle other people's money and you'll build up a good reputation and probably a good business.

brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:26:39 AM

I would like some help though as I am new. Do you have a skype I can talk to you on?
I do, but it is late where I live and storming pretty bad, so my internet will be disrupted, but my Skype is brucelanegregory and I can talk tomorrow, if that is okay with you.

This is just a idea, but I will go through with it. I am a PHP coder, so I can make a website quite easily.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:27:16 AM

Ok, are you seriously for real?

First you sell Amazon gift cards (countless scammers have done this), then ask for loans (countless more have done this) and now your looking for mining investments?

You're really pushing your luck, I'd advise everyone to be very very very very careful when dealing with him, this guy reeks to high hell.

brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:28:44 AM

Mining co-ops on GLBSE have been very successful so far; I'm guessing there's room in the market for another. If you feel up for it, you could start your own and see if some people will join you. Prove that you can handle other people's money and you'll build up a good reputation and probably a good business.

I don't want anything complicated with fees for now, just helping a few people over small amounts.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Liberty Payout

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:26:39 AM

Oh Lord, there are a shit ton of trolls here. I'll make this simple, read VERY carefully. I came here for knowledge and to do business, if you want to pull up posts do research thoroughly. Don't just go for the bad. To a point, yes, I can understand the "hype" around new members but you guys have taken it to far. To assume every new member is automatically a scammer is prejudice and it is extremely restricting. This is a BTC market/discussion forum. I am marketing and discussing otherwise I have no use for this forum. Take the time to actually read the threads not just the titles.

You're pulling up this quote?:

Ok, are you seriously for real?

First you sell Amazon gift cards (countless scammers have done this), then ask for loans (countless more have done this) and now your looking for mining investments?

You're really pushing your luck, I'd advise everyone to be very very very very careful when dealing with him, this guy reeks to high hell.

I wanted to ask him how many bitcoins he mines with his rig and how he set it up, what equipment etc. I'm not asking him for a loan just for knowledge which he was offering to share to newbies. Bitcoins are quite complex  and it has become an appealing market. Excuse me if I am trying to buy in and learn more about them, before they become a "chaser" product. Is that really all that suspicious? Secondly with my Amazon account I provided you with proof you asked for, I have a product that I thought would be in demand, and it is I have gotten replies to that thread. I do not mine selling it as, it is the only way for me to legitimately obtain bitcoins. As for the loans, yes I am looking for them, but read the WHOLE thread:

Any tips please post below as well as advice. Right now I am doing research so this isn't 100% yet, I just want to let people know and get off a tally of how many would potentially be interested in investing. Not looking for investments RIGHT NOW, right now I am researching but please don't hesitate to post and give advice.

I have no issues answering questions but the way you are presenting them make them seem more as accusations rather then inquiries. Like I said, I understand the skepticism but to write off every noob as a scammer is extraordinarily frustrating especially because we all start somewhere. I also have a zero tolerance for bullshit. If you want to be an ass and write shit like, "Well no shit.", things that in no way contribute to anything then I won't stand for it. At least your post was a warning and was aimed to benefit other members but stuff that is just there to be there and cause irritation is unacceptable.

Thanks if you took the time to read this.
brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:13:03 PM

I wanted to ask him how many bitcoins he mines with his rig and how he set it up, what equipment etc. I'm not asking him for a loan just for knowledge which he was offering to share to newbies.

I have four XFX Radeon 7770 pushing ~800 Mhs, but I am upgrading to ASUS 7970 when I get $500, that pushes 800 MHs by itself. I get about .5/day right now. I mine at eclipsemc.com.

bleza

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 04:20:53 PM

i am willing to spend $500 for a FPGA card instead of a GPU.
brucegregory (OP)

#2985 for 60 GH/S Single

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 04:32:11 PM

i am willing to spend $500 for a FPGA card instead of a GPU.

Why a FPGA card? I am interested in getting the single from Butterfly Labs. I will pay for the rest of the costs if you are still interested.

bleza

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 06:30:51 PM

i think that this one is a good choice  Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: