Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:06:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to get paid in Bitcoin?  (Read 4315 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 09:22:25 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 02:53:42 AM by Elwar

You can:
https://www.bitwage.co

I have been an advocate of a Bitcoin Credit Union because I thought that this was the only way to get paid in Bitcoin by giving your company a direct deposit number. But it looks like this company has figured out how to do it by going through payroll services (I think).

I signed up but don't have my phone for authentication but I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes. I would love to get paid in Bitcoin. With a Xapo card and localbitcoins for cash I can drop my banks very soon.

Update:
I was able to get my account set up and log in (I had some complications because I live in Germany working for a US company). Their customer service is great, my problem was sorted out quickly and easily, if you have problems click the little chat window on the bottom right of the screen.

Once I got my profile set up it asks for my company name, company website, my company's payroll company and the payroll company's website. Most of us do not know these things offhand and will need to work with your HR. I will be working on this to see how easy it is from there and let you know how it goes.

Update 2:
I e-mailed my HR and asked what payroll service they use because I needed it for bitwage.co so I can get paid in bitcoins. They responded after what appeared to be a long e-mail chain bouncing around all over the payroll department asking if anyone can help out, finally responding that I need to speak with my specific HR representative. Fortunately, in their lengthy e-mail chain they are talking about the Payroll company they use. So I submitted that to bitwage.co and I am currently in the verification process.

A bit of advice when asking your HR department about your payroll company: don't tell them it's for bitcoin or bitwage. Just ask for the name of the payroll company. You can use google to find the website from the name. You can tell them why after they give you the name but mentioning bitcoin is like going to the train station and saying you're going on vacation to Hawaii and what is the best route to get there.

Update 3:
My Verification level 1 was completed. I was able to do my Verification level 2 by submitting a photo of my ID and proof of address. Once that was verified I was able to get to the part where I enter my Bitcoin Address. With my Bitcoin address entered they provide me with a bank account and routing number to give to my payroll for direct deposit. My direct deposit website at my company allows me to create a fixed dollar amount account and a net account for anything over that amount. I stuck a test amount of $500 in my fixed dollar amount to go to the Bitcoin direct deposit. Now I will wait to see if it goes through.

Update 4:
Just got an e-mail saying my payment went through, $500 at $317/BTC -> 1.56992012 sent to my Bitcoin address.
Next, I will convert all of my paycheck to bitcoins. I can covert BTC->USD as needed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:41:50 AM

I signed up but don't have my phone for authentication but I will definitely try it out and let you know how it goes. I would love to get paid in Bitcoin. With a Xapo card and localbitcoins for cash I can drop my banks very soon.

Getting paid in bitcoin is a huge step in making the economy grow, quite possibly the biggest single thing. 

So apparently 250,000 people have/use bitcoin (not sure if that is accurate) imagine just 10k of these getting full wages in BTC.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:12:06 AM

So apparently 250,000 people have/use bitcoin (not sure if that is accurate) imagine just 10k of these getting full wages in BTC.

10k people getting paid on average $2k every 2 weeks would bring $20 million into the Bitcoin economy every 2 weeks.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BulkBound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:42:10 AM

Wow this would be good if one of these could open in every single country at the moment it's limited to 50 states of america.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

Interview with Jonathan Chester the Co-founder, Chief Strategic Officer and Compliance Officer with BitWage.
https://soundcloud.com/reverendjohnny/get-paid-in-bitcoin-with-bitwageco-the-future-of-payroll
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

Once this starts rolling, it is going to put forth positive growth towards the BTC economy.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

It is a risky business, putting your wages into bitcoins. If I could pay my electric and water bills with bitcoins without any trouble, I might consider, but the bitcoin is too unstable to rely my daily income on, I am at the moment a slave of my mortgage and other bills I need to pay, if it does not add up at the end of the month because btc plumeted I have a problem.

Given the fact most bills need to be paid just right after my salary comes in, it would probably work out without too much los and maybe some profit, but it would not be a bitcoin economy, but a conversion from bitcoin to the current currencies to pay the bills and a correction on my salary each month, if the btc to $ rises, the amount of btc of income would be lower, if it falls, it would be high.

segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

It is a risky business, putting your wages into bitcoins. If I could pay my electric and water bills with bitcoins without any trouble, I might consider, but the bitcoin is too unstable to rely my daily income on, I am at the moment a slave of my mortgage and other bills I need to pay, if it does not add up at the end of the month because btc plumeted I have a problem.

Given the fact most bills need to be paid just right after my salary comes in, it would probably work out without too much los and maybe some profit, but it would not be a bitcoin economy, but a conversion from bitcoin to the current currencies to pay the bills and a correction on my salary each month, if the btc to $ rises, the amount of btc of income would be lower, if it falls, it would be high.

That is why it is not for everyone.
It is on a pick and choose basis.

Individuals in your predicament who are broke should not opt-out of fiat just yet.
Mind you I said broke, not poor.

Sit tight...

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2407
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:32:39 PM

I would like to recieve in Bitcoin which is automaticly hedged. Would be nice to be possible

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:10:35 PM

all businesses and jobs took risks. and it is reasonable, depending on how we think to reduce that risk. and with the same bitcoin, bitcoin risk must exist when the price goes down, but when the price goes up you are not enjoying it too , Cheesy
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:23:49 PM

I'd like to be paid 20% of my wages in bitcoin. I can use 80% of fiat wages to pay only accepted fiat bills and spend the bitcoin at the bitcoin friendly stores. So I don't need to  bother to convert them to each other when necessary.

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:02:22 PM

I'd like to be paid 20% of my wages in bitcoin. I can use 80% of fiat wages to pay only accepted fiat bills and spend the bitcoin at the bitcoin friendly stores. So I don't need to  bother to convert them to each other when necessary.

That is a good idea. I would like to treat BTC as saving/hedge against inflation and use it when necessary.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Excellent idea. But the thing is,bitcoin will always be in the rope and accepting that as a payment would be a brave mood.

plasterer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:29:26 PM

Well i am in the middle off getting a web page made up for my work, And i will be offering part payment in bitcoin for work carried out.
Got to give it a try Smiley   nothing to lose.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

Getting paid in bitcoin is a huge step in making the economy grow, quite possibly the biggest single thing. 

Agreed. I've been saying this for a while, especially over the past 6 months as people have been trumpeting the various merchant-acceptance announcements. That's obviously a great thing long-run too, but the situation has gotten too lopsided, and we need more bitcoin wages.

Love seeing the Bitwage launch. Hopefully this and BitPay's Payroll API will start to close the loop...

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
o_o

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Yeas, I would like to get paid in bitcoin, maybe this could be a good way to increase the bitcoin popularity !
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

No way!  I mean sure it'd be an interesting venture but doubt I could handle it, but I'd probably not say this is bitcoin shot up in price afterwards lol.  I just don't think the stability is there yet, not to mention how it's still manipulated.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
zoukenn

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:08:16 PM

Of course. But i prefer a way that allow me to held my bitcoin and not convert instantly with Bitpay. So, I appreciate this type of system and not Bitpay which decrease the bitcoin value  Angry

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

I'd prefer gold. That working without Internet and probably not fluctuate 50% within a few minutes Smiley. Maybe later.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

Agreed. I've been saying this for a while, especially over the past 6 months as people have been trumpeting the various merchant-acceptance announcements. That's obviously a great thing long-run too, but the situation has gotten too lopsided, and we need more bitcoin wages.

IMO both are very necessary for Bitcoin to gain usage. Without any retailers willing to accept Bitcoin (or at least major retailers) there won't be that many people using it as a currency and more as a store of value. On the other hand you need people to have a means of easily getting Bitcoin (exchanges while not difficult to use may to some extent intimidate an average user & it feels as if you're already trading 'money' to BTC rather than to another currency) and this provides another point of access for those people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: