Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO NOT GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT BITCOIN  (Read 6004 times)
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

Put the source code where the sun never shines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

governments will always try to take power over the people. as the OP says about the new york regulations. (in the article).

i do not want to see "money limits" or identification of users attached to bitcoin addresses ever!, the only intervention i want to see is the barrier to access to fair and just courts removed. to make it easy for those that have doxxed scammers to easily be able to get those scammers dealt with (better consumer protections basically)

no one should be asking for default identification of every user, but for businesses offering a 'trusting' and 'holding' service, they need to be accountable to some consumer protections.

this means users wanting to send funds into and out of a service do not need ID. but the business handling the funds of people should not hide. basically if ou want to be a business and hold peoples money, reveal yourself. but if you want to just be a person, carry on with your private lives

the whole war on terror is a laugh, especially if companies like samsung are allowed to sell tanks, and have a no limit funds transfer account which is not taxed..
http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_05_01_01.asp

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 04:12:05 PM

Why should I give someone the information about my gold when I know he's trying to steal my vault.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

OP is in need of a good fapping.  Tongue

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:29:56 PM

NOBODY IN THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BITCOIN ANYWAY. WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:08:09 PM

The government has no barriers to learning about bitcoin. All of it is pretty much public domain information. One can learn pretty much everything they want to know by reading posts here so should we shut this site down? Open source and transparency is a double edged sword.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

The government has no barriers to learning about bitcoin. All of it is pretty much public domain information. One can learn pretty much everything they want to know by reading posts here so should we shut this site down? Open source and transparency is a double edged sword.

Good point, the exception to this is will regulators go through all the effort or be able to learn the intricacies as quickly and its implications without having free expert consultants assist them.

There is a valid argument in suggesting we may be digging our own grave.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

Good point, the exception to this is will regulators go through all the effort or be able to learn the intricacies as quickly and its implications without having free expert consultants assist them.

There is a valid argument in suggesting we may be digging our own grave.

not really
bitcoin.. the protocol itself should remain open and honest without interference of government. however businesses that use bitcoin and agencies that want to spy on bitcoin are a separate layer and we should treat the protocol vs users(humans/businesses/government) separately.

as long as the protocol is not messed around with, im happy.
as long as government rules open up the ability for companies to transact openly and honestly, im happy.
as long as governments rules dont limit users interaction and choices im happy.
as long as governments truely punish those who truly deserve punishment, im happy.

but we all know the governments agenda is not the last 3 things.
governments plans are about making their group of friends rich and keeping common people at arms length.
whether its by limiting average user spending amounts whilst allowing big business partners to do large bulk purchases or by regulating out the competition

but one thing is for sure, if governments think they need to be involved, it shows that bitcoin is not a short term thing that will disappear. or they would even waste their time on it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:00:07 PM

not really
bitcoin.. the protocol itself should remain open and honest without interference of government. however businesses that use bitcoin and agencies that want to spy on bitcoin are a separate layer and we should treat the protocol vs users(humans/businesses/government) separately.

as long as government rules open up the ability for companies to transact openly and honestly, im happy.
as long as governments truely punish those who truly deserve punishment, im happy.

governments plans are about making their group of friends rich and keeping common people at arms length.
whether its by limiting average user spending amounts whilst allowing big business partners to do large bulk purchases or by regulating out the competition

but one thing is for sure, if governments think they need to be involved, it shows that bitcoin is not a short term thing that will disappear. or they would even waste their time on it

Yes, I do agree this philosophy has some valid points. Allowing the Bitcoin Foundation and experts to work with regulators could give Bitcoin enough breathing room by making them assume they can control it. My point is this is arguable and I can also see that such assistance can enlighten them as to the dangers of Btcoins sovereignty and expedite their attacks.

Either way, I believe it to largely be an academic question because in all practicality there will be enough consultants and experts who believe that working with regulators is the best approach and this cannot and should not be stopped.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:32:02 PM

seems like op is high, but i get him Smiley)

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:49:55 PM

not really

Yes, I do agree this philosophy has some valid points. Allowing the Bitcoin Foundation and experts to work with regulators could give Bitcoin enough breathing room by making them assume they can control it. My point is this is arguable and I can also see that such assistance can enlighten them as to the dangers of Btcoins sovereignty and expedite their attacks.

Either way, I believe it to largely be an academic question because in all practicality there will be enough consultants and experts who believe that working with regulators is the best approach and this cannot and should not be stopped.

That is also kind of a double edged sword. Educating them can all at once alleviate fear and head off ham handed regulation attempts and also encourage both as they come to realize how powerful the idea of bitcoin really is. Classic catch-22 in so many ways.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

Awww, son-of-a-B!+<#!!!

I just found out the government read this thread. Way to go OP, now they know everything!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:27:52 PM

I just got off the phone with government he is now monitoring this topic.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:31:29 PM

CAPS LOCK OR NOT THIS IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR...

WHY DOTH U THINK SATOSHI NAKAMOTO IS IN HIDING??? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT WILL HATH HIM ARRESTED FOR TERRORISM JUST LIKE THEY SHUT DOWN NAPSTER AND E-GOLD

THE GOVERNMENT

AND NOW THEY KNOW THEY CANT DO MUCH ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW THEY ARE PLAYING "BE MY FRIEND"

WE MOST NOT FORGET SATOSHI NAKAMOTO AND THE REASONS BEHIND IS CREATION FOR THE PEE POLE

SATOSHI NAKAMOTO MUST NOT BE FORGOTTON I RESPECT HIS PRIVACY AND WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THE WORLD HE IS THE REAL HERO HERE...

Roflmao. OP is trolling everyone so hard. Really, "Doth", "Hath". Lmfao. Keep this thread for the archives, Pure Gold.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:26:54 AM

Tell them nothing.

Agents of the Law: Ask them if you are being detained, and then walk away.

Representatives of the People: Vote for the good ones.

Government is NOT your master, they are the servants of the people.

Wary

Activity: 798

Who's there?

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:48:47 AM

Tell them nothing.

Agents of the Law: Ask them if you are being detained, and then walk away.

Representatives of the People: Vote for the good ones.

Government is NOT your master, they are the servants of the people.
They claim to be. But servants cannot tax, draft or imprison their masters.

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
hellojpg (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:55:19 AM

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/classics0/warning_zpsf56ed95b.jpg
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:11:42 AM

This is the reason why it does not matter what 'anyone' 'tells' the government about Bitcoin. There is more then enough information for any party to learn massive amounts about Bitcoin without anyone giving them a shred of information.

I would dispute that this would be considered to be a double edged sward. The fact that Bitcoin is open source and worked on by many people allows everyone to try to find exploits in the code, and any such exploits be fixed
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:28:06 AM

OP is right .At least , You guys should realize that big brothers and companies are not fun of bitcoin.
The idea behind bitcoin is totally disobey their will . They see bitcoin as enemies . Bitcoin/Crypto world will lose the battle by underestimating them
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: