Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:12:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Exotic woods from around the world with Bitcoin  (Read 12573 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:34:32 AM

I saw you do custom work.

I'd like a wood figurine of user Vod (will supply his facebook link so u can make it look like him) with nails, gasoline, on the wood and everything blowing up / burning up HUGE in a video that is made viral. I'll provide the SEO and viral-making of the video.

I want the Vod figurine made in wood to be of the worst and shittiest quality but most explosive / burning wood material out there. Please PM if you can do this and a price.

I HATE Vod.

I can make you a sculpture of someone, what you do with it after i make it is up to you. Starting price would be around $1,500 for a 8" tall head.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:39:12 AM

I'd like a wood figurine of user Vod (will supply his facebook link so u can make it look like him) with nails, gasoline, on the wood and everything blowing up / burning up HUGE in a video that is made viral. I'll provide the SEO and viral-making of the video.

I want the Vod figurine made in wood to be of the worst and shittiest quality but most explosive / burning wood material out there. Please PM if you can do this and a price.

I HATE Vod.

I can make you a sculpture of someone, what you do with it after i make it is up to you. Starting price would be around $1,500 for a 8" tall head.
What about a demon or monster small wood head, simply carving nothing too detailed, and with the name Vod engraved to forehead? Using shit wood, wood that rots after a month would do.

duckydonald

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:28:58 AM

I HATE Vod.

LOL
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:02:56 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 11:23:31 PM by WoodCollector

I would just like to say thank you and happy holidays to all of you who have helped supply me with wood this past 2 months. Unfortunately at least for the next few weeks i am unable to get the BTC to place any significant orders. Coinbase has closed my account as they said that it is "suspicious" for me to have bought $1.5 million usd worth of Bitcoin on an account that is only 2 months old. I tried explaining to them that i buy wood from all over the world with it and even gave them my business info and they still ruled that i did not satisfy the KYC requirements.

As i do not trust any of the other exchanges like circle or bitstamp further than i can throw a Volkswagen and i have twice had people try and scam me on LocalBitcoins i am left dealing only with the few contacts i have made who will deal in cash and face to face transactions. At current i am barley able to exchange $20k a week into bitcoin which is heavily hindering my buying power from you all. I am in the process of trying to work out a deal with a large off book broker who lives relatively close to me through the dark market which will resolve this issue in the future but as part of due diligence i have hired a team of top investigators to try and track a small test transaction we have made via the dark market to see if it is traceable as if they cannot trace it, neither can the fed.

In the mean time for any of you whom would like to help out i have started a buying Bitcoin thread in which i will buy as much bitcoin as you can sell via Vanilla Reload cards. I am paying stamp rate for BTC only as i do not believe that i should have to pay a premium to be able to use bitcoin for commerce as that defeats the purpose of using bitcoin all together.

Unless i have messaged you and let you know already that i still need orders filled from you, i will have to suspend all other purchases until i can resolve the Bitcoin acquisition issue unless you are able to provide Kauri in large volume from NZ as i am still in desperate need of a supplier.

Again i would like to thank all of you involved whom have helped me acquire rare and exotic wood over this past 2 months, Thanks to you i have been able to re-stock one and a half of my 2 warehouses and purchase almost $1.7 Million USD worth of wood via this forum saving myself over $1 Million usd if i would have had to use Fiat and go through a broker. This truly is a great community and Bitcoin truly can be the future of commerce once someone solves the exchange issue with a confident solution.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:07:29 AM

Ok all you folks from NZ, i am looking for some Swamp Kauri wood and have about $80,000 in BTC to spend on it. Message me if you have access.

forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:25:56 AM

Do you think it would be viable to bring wood home from vacation overseas?
I'm not good with imperial units but if I have converted it correctly, the length of the logs should be around 60cm, correct?
60cm fits in a suitcase. But I suspect you are looking for larger quantities right? Not just one log.

Been traveling to Asia and Africa but never thought wood had any value.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:34:50 AM

Do you think it would be viable to bring wood home from vacation overseas?
I'm not good with imperial units but if I have converted it correctly, the length of the logs should be around 60cm, correct?
60cm fits in a suitcase. But I suspect you are looking for larger quantities right? Not just one log.

Been traveling to Asia and Africa but never thought wood had any value.

Depends on what kind of wood, and if they are charging you by the pound for your luggage. There are some woods that would be very profitable for you to bring back if you got them at a reasonable enough price. Others it would take a truck load to be worth while.

You can always message me when you are there and let me know what you found and i can tell you if its worth it. I assume you live in the USA and you would be bringing it back here not shipping it from somewhere to the USA correct? Shipping a single piece of wood from anywhere outside the USA to me is seldom worth while.

forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:42:38 AM

Depends on what kind of wood, and if they are charging you by the pound for your luggage. There are some woods that would be very profitable for you to bring back if you got them at a reasonable enough price. Others it would take a truck load to be worth while.

You can always message me when you are there and let me know what you found and i can tell you if its worth it. I assume you live in the USA and you would be bringing it back here not shipping it from somewhere to the USA correct? Shipping a single piece of wood from anywhere outside the USA to me is seldom worth while.

I'm in Europe, I'm afraid.
I suppose it would make more sense to ship the wood from the country of origin directly to you. That way I could send more than one piece also.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:43:58 AM

I'm in Europe, I'm afraid.
I suppose it would make more sense to ship the wood from the country of origin directly to you. That way I could send more than one piece also.

Correct, most countries you will need a fumigation certificate to ship it to the USA, also some woods you will need to get a copy of the Forestry Permit if it is required for a particular species of wood.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:19:15 AM

Still looking for Swamp Kauri from NZ !!!!! Message me if you can get it in quantity.

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:55:18 PM

Would you buy Koa and mangowood slabs or is it all logs?

Sorry i'm not exactly a Wood expert heh.

What is your price again as well?

Regular or curly?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:00:10 PM

Would you buy Koa and mangowood slabs or is it all logs?

Sorry i'm not exactly a Wood expert heh.

What is your price again as well?

Regular or curly?

Yes i would buy Cants or "slabs" as you called them if they were curly or flamed. I already have a good supplier in Hawaii for regular Koa and a fair amount of Mangowood.

Pricing on figured wood always varies by the amount of figure and the grade. If you can get large quantities (shipping container loads) i will fly out to meet you to inspect and grade the wood then give you a price and BTC payment in person. If you are talking smaller quantities i will buy on a Cant by Cant basis and will need a photo of each Cant to grade it and give you a price.

gamerholicdotcom

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:42:45 PM

would you buy really old wood? my parents have a 200 yearold table which they get from their parents and they want to sell it
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:51:10 PM

would you buy really old wood? my parents have a 200 yearold table which they get from their parents and they want to sell it

95% of the wood i buy ends up being turned on a lathe. Tables are usually not much more than 1" to 1 1/2" thick and by the time i were to plane it down to remove all the finish and get to the core wood which is still usable there is usually nothing left.

I buy cants, turning blanks,  live edge and whole logs. I really dont have much use for old furniture for recycling unless it is made out of something extremely rare like an African Blackwood piano that is scrap or a pink ivory chair or something along those lines.

Thanks for the offer though, it was nice that you were thinking of me when they mentioned it.

semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:06:30 AM

I have a farm in Putumayo region of Colombia. It is near Puerto Asis, so typically Western Amazonia flora. Are there any woods in that area that interest you? A lot of stuff comes from up from down-river too, since it is the last town with a road that connects to a port on the edge of the jungle.
Kingofsports2

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:37:12 AM

I need this made. The red I would prefer if you can use manufacturered blood or use a redish wood to inscribe the letters V-O-D where placed in a fiery red color.

I would like the wood to be the cheapest wood you have and can make it detailed enough using such wood, it has to be flammable/burnable too. My goal is to make a video of me burning it and post it here to bitcointalk. If you could include a hole in the back so that I can put a firework or something cool too that'd be neat. Let me know via PM what the price would be for this devil sculpture and for shipping to the United States. This is a serious request. Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/IEdfEnb.jpg?1
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:34:41 AM

I'm pretty sure I can't help you out with anything in Northern Texas, but if there is let me know.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:15:08 PM

Looking for the following woods in bulk quantity for the next few weeks or until i find enough to fill the empty slots in the warehouse.

DOMESTIC ONLY, NOT SEARCHING OUTSIDE THE U.S.A. AT THIS TIME
6"x6"x14" blocks minimum, will pay extra for figured wood

Mango Wood: Can be found domestically in Florida or far southern California.
Tilia (AKA common lime wood): Can be found domestically in southern Florida in grove country.
Osage Orange Wood: Can be found in southern and central United States. (Not interested in any grown in Texas, Lousiana, or New Mexico due to the invasive species restrictions from the ICC)

NOTES:

Paying $15-$30 a pound for Burls from any of these tree species.
Paying $4-$12 extra per square foot for any of these species if you can find figured wood.

Standard prices are from $14.00 to $25.00 per blank @ 6x6x14 depending on quality.

Not interested in buying less than 10 blanks at a time.

All wood must be air dried for 3-4 weeks prior to shipment to dry off some of the moisture content to save on shipping.

All wood must be palatalized for shipment on a standard pallet.

Bonus "brokerage" fee paid if you can provide any of these woods in large quantity on a regular basis (more than 100 blanks at a time every 3-6 months)

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:17:27 AM

Looking for the following woods in bulk quantity for the next few weeks or until i find enough to fill the empty slots in the warehouse.

I live in southern California, where would I go to collect/find/purchse Mango wood?  I'd be happy to supply you if I am able.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:37:13 AM

I live in southern California, where would I go to collect/find/purchse Mango wood?  I'd be happy to supply you if I am able.

A lot of Vineyards have mango trees growing all over the place. Some of them might actually pay you to remove a few of them as they spread rapidly if not maintained and the fruit is allowed to fall. Also you can check with some of the fruit groves as well. Last time i found a forum member to get me some mango from South Cali he said he just went to a farmers market, found someone selling fresh mangos and asked them if they had any trees they wanted cleared. They actually put him to work for about 5 days cutting trees and let him keep the wood in place of paying him (mango trees are cut down every 7-15 years) He then found a local mill to cut the blanks from the fell trees that didnt charge him much and he ended up squeezing over $3,500 in BTC out of me for the haul. There are not a lot of Groves that have mangos in California but if you want to make a sizable profit from it finding one is a good way to go. Otherwise the vineyards are your best bet to find a small amount. Just keep in mind, i need at least 10 pieces of stock for it to be worth my while, and you need to have a place to let them sit to dry for a few weeks prior to shipment unless you find kiln dried wood or previously fell trees.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: