Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:06:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Exotic woods from around the world with Bitcoin  (Read 12573 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:32:57 PM

So I was just shown my piece I commissioned...and WOW...just WOW. I had started out wanting a plain old BTC with a cool looking wood, and this is way more than I would have ever thought of! I will show it off once it is all the way done, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

What kind of wood have you chosen?

I told him to just surprise me and he selected Watermelon Ivory for it. The intricate designs on it are really amazing...I can only imagine how much time it must have taken him.

87 hours of carving to be exact  Wink

I'm getting it set up in the photo booth now, then it will be on its way to your front door.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

So I was just shown my piece I commissioned...and WOW...just WOW. I had started out wanting a plain old BTC with a cool looking wood, and this is way more than I would have ever thought of! I will show it off once it is all the way done, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

I told him to just surprise me and he selected Watermelon Ivory for it. The intricate designs on it are really amazing...I can only imagine how much time it must have taken him.

I'm getting it set up in the photo booth now, then it will be on its way to your front door.

Awesome!!
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:23:37 PM

How much would you charge for an 10-12" tall about 1.5" thick BTC with a small base so it can sit on a desk probably want it out of zebrawood or white and black ebony with alot of black lines through the ebony?

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:32:32 PM

Awesome!!

Pics please!
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:03:26 PM

How much would you charge for an 10-12" tall about 1.5" thick BTC with a small base so it can sit on a desk probably want it out of zebrawood or white and black ebony with alot of black lines through the ebony?

I could do a roughly 12" by 9" by roughly 1.25" thick BTC out of zebra wood with a base for between $400-$500. That would be fully finished to1,200 grit with Anti UV sealer so the grain never fades and 2 coats of Polycrylic finish. That would be just for a standard BTC. If you want an Art piece, fully carved with fine detail it would be roughly $600-$1,800 depending on how extravagant you want it. Which blazedout419 will tell you is a hell of a deal as i did a full detailed art carving on his $14,000 piece made from the rarest wood on earth.

For black and white ebony, a standard 12" BTC will run you about $900-$1,000 If you live outside the USA shipping it to you is going to be expensive as most all forms of Ebony wood now require documentation when going through customs. For a fully carved in fine detail art piece in black and whtie ebony it would be $1,500 up to $3,000 depending on how extravagant you want it.

As with all pieces you will get a certificate of authenticity which uses the blockchain and vanity address to verify that it is authentic and made by me. The certificate normally ships 2-8 days after the piece does as it takes time to generate the private keys to match the address signed on the piece.

All funds must be placed in escrow prior to me starting work on the piece. I am ok with Blazedout419 or Tomatocage as escrow. 

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:08:54 PM

I could do a roughly 12" by 9" by roughly 1.25" thick BTC out of zebra wood with a base for between $400-$500. That would be fully finished to1,200 grit with Anti UV sealer so the grain never fades and 2 coats of Polycrylic finish. That would be just for a standard BTC. If you want an Art piece, fully carved with fine detail it would be roughly $600-$1,800 depending on how extravagant you want it. Which blazedout419 will tell you is a hell of a deal as i did a full detailed art carving on his $14,000 piece made from the rarest wood on earth.

For black and white ebony, a standard 12" BTC will run you about $900-$1,000 If you live outside the USA shipping it to you is going to be expensive as most all forms of Ebony wood now require documentation when going through customs. For a fully carved in fine detail art piece in black and whtie ebony it would be $1,500 up to $3,000 depending on how extravagant you want it.

As with all pieces you will get a certificate of authenticity which uses the blockchain and vanity address to verify that it is authentic and made by me. The certificate normally ships 2-8 days after the piece does as it takes time to generate the private keys to match the address signed on the piece.

All funds must be placed in escrow prior to me starting work on the piece. I am ok with Blazedout419 or Tomatocage as escrow. 

Hmmm decisions decisions.  I could go either way tbh.  Do you have any pics of what your standard piece vs an art piece looks like just to see the differences?  I will probably go with an art piece though.  I will take this to PM after this message to not clutter up your WTB thread.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:10:30 PM

Hmmm decisions decisions.  I could go either way tbh.  Do you have any pics of what your standard piece vs an art piece looks like just to see the differences?  I will probably go with an art piece though.  I will take this to PM after this message to not clutter up your WTB thread.

Thanks for that Smiley

Not cluttering up the WTB thread that is, much appreciated.

Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:23:06 AM

Hey WoodCollector, hope to have dry samples of each type of wood (including Rose Jacaranda and Imbuia) for you by the first week of December.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:31:15 AM

Hey WoodCollector, hope to have dry samples of each type of wood (including Rose Jacaranda and Imbuia) for you by the first week of December.

Thanks a ton Lagsalot, Let me know when they are dry and their dimensions and we can figure out a price / shipping arrangements.

ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:42:54 PM

Just commissioned a BTC art piece from WoodCollector.  

It will be a 12" Cocobolo piece with some carving detail.  The work will convey motion through space and time, will be able to stand on its own and as such should be viewable and enjoyable from 360 degrees.  

Transaction details can be viewed here.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:46:27 PM

Just commissioned a BTC art piece from WoodCollector. 

It will be a 12" Cocobolo piece with some carving detail.  The work will convey motion through space and time, will be able to stand on its own and as such should be viewable and enjoyable from 360 degrees. 

Transaction details can be viewed here.

Confirmed.

Thank you Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:05:14 AM

Close to me are ohia trees. Got a mango tree and up in the mountains there are Koa trees. The Koa trees I believe people are not allowed to cut down. But I could look into it.

I'm on the big island of Hawaii.

PM me if interested.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:04:06 PM

Close to me are ohia trees. Got a mango tree and up in the mountains there are Koa trees. The Koa trees I believe people are not allowed to cut down. But I could look into it.

PM me if interested.

Would love some mango wood, you are correct about KOA, you can only take the wood if the tree has fell on its own. Let me know if you can cut the mango, i would for sure like to get some.

Sir Lagsalot

The lion roars!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:34:06 PM

Hi WoodCollector, some good news! Seems the guys he hired had pieces already cut and drying. Samples have been cut from these logs to your size of 8" square by 24" long.

Fungayi tells me has these logs: 5x dry Jacardanda, 5x almost dry Ironwood, 5x almost dry Kiaat and 2x wet Mopane.

Perhaps you'd be interested in a sample of the first 3? I think he'll also be able to arrange a picture of the Mopane when it's dry. Would you also want a pic of the Jacaranda for grading?

As for transport, DHL Zim said he'd need to bring the wood to their office in Harare (he is about 140 km away). This could be a small problem as he doesn't have transport.

DHL also mentioned the wood may need a fumigation certificate, although it seems to me this only applies to wooden shipping containers. Anyway, I think Fungayi will know where to have the wood fumigated but that might also present a transport problem.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with shipping companies, so if it's possible to arrange for a courier to collect the wood as well as check the size and type, that should guarantee everything goes smoothly.

As for the exact price, perhaps it's better discussed in private?

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:18:22 PM

Hi WoodCollector, some good news! Seems the guys he hired had pieces already cut and drying. Samples have been cut from these logs to your size of 8" square by 24" long.

Fungayi tells me has these logs: 5x dry Jacardanda, 5x almost dry Ironwood, 5x almost dry Kiaat and 2x wet Mopane.

Perhaps you'd be interested in a sample of the first 3? I think he'll also be able to arrange a picture of the Mopane when it's dry. Would you also want a pic of the Jacaranda for grading?

As for transport, DHL Zim said he'd need to bring the wood to their office in Harare (he is about 140 km away). This could be a small problem as he doesn't have transport.

DHL also mentioned the wood may need a fumigation certificate, although it seems to me this only applies to wooden shipping containers. Anyway, I think Fungayi will know where to have the wood fumigated but that might also present a transport problem.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with shipping companies, so if it's possible to arrange for a courier to collect the wood as well as check the size and type, that should guarantee everything goes smoothly.

As for the exact price, perhaps it's better discussed in private?

I would be interested in a sample of the Jacardanda and the Kiaat. The Ironwood is not high on my list right now but time to time i purchase some so i will take a sample of it now for future reference but i do not need it in bulk right now. Mopane i would be interested in dry.

I need an exact address as to where the 3 samples would be located at so i can call and see about shipping them, and when we get into larger orders i can have them picked up at that same location with larger trucks.

As for fumigation, it is not needed on Kiln dried wood, but if his is air dry he would probably have a better change of getting it kiln dried than fumigated. The bacteria and fungus they are worried about dies at 160 degrees F and a document from the kiln will get it through customs.

Send me the location of the wood in a PM and i will see what we can do to get it picked up, Once i get the shipping situated i will place the $65 in escrow with any trusted forum escrow of your choosing to be released upon confirmation of pickup. If the samples are up to par, i might make a flight over there after the first of the year to check out the operation and purchase a small vessel load of wood to be shipped back in person while i am there.

The vessel i have access to holds 20, 8x20' ISBU containers and i would need to be able to have all of them filled to make it profitable for me. The price on leasing the ship as a whole is the same no matter the weight so the wood could still be wet so long as the bark was removed (invasive spices act requires the bark to be gone to prohibit the transportaion of bark dwelling insects) If we were to divide the load equally 50% Kiaat, 25% Tambootie, 20% jacardanda and 10% ironwood, my estimate is the load would pay you guys $81,250 and would require cutting between 200 and 600 trees then squaring them up for shipment.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:24:24 PM

PM me if interested.

Would love some mango wood, you are correct about KOA, you can only take the wood if the tree has fell on its own. Let me know if you can cut the mango, i would for sure like to get some.

How much do you want?

How do you want it packed? I've never shipped wood I've cut down.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

PM me if interested.

How much do you want?

I'd take a dozen pieces @ 6"x6"x18" if you could get them. You have to either paint both ends heavily with latex paint, or melt some wax and paint it on with a paint brush to keep it from cracking, and if it hasn't been cut down for at least 6 months i would appreciate it if you could leave them to air dry once cut to size for a week or two.

For shipping, let me know the address of where you would be shipping from and i can check with all my freight companies i use to see who can get me the best deal. Typically people just package them all in a box for me and it helps if you load the box with dry sawdust so the wood does not split during shipping. You can PM me the address it would need to be picked up at.

Thanks

Sir Lagsalot

The lion roars!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:14:57 PM

I would be interested in a sample of the Jacardanda and the Kiaat. The Ironwood is not high on my list right now but time to time i purchase some so i will take a sample of it now for future reference but i do not need it in bulk right now. Mopane i would be interested in dry.

I need an exact address as to where the 3 samples would be located at so i can call and see about shipping them, and when we get into larger orders i can have them picked up at that same location with larger trucks.

As for fumigation, it is not needed on Kiln dried wood, but if his is air dry he would probably have a better change of getting it kiln dried than fumigated. The bacteria and fungus they are worried about dies at 160 degrees F and a document from the kiln will get it through customs.

Send me the location of the wood in a PM and i will see what we can do to get it picked up, Once i get the shipping situated i will place the $65 in escrow with any trusted forum escrow of your choosing to be released upon confirmation of pickup.

OK, that all sounds good. I'll contact him tomorrow morning my time and get his exact address and find out about the kiln drying. The wood is currently air drying in a shed but hopefully there's a kiln available.

I'd like to go with TomatoCage as escrow agent.

If the samples are up to par, i might make a flight over there after the first of the year to check out the operation and purchase a small vessel load of wood to be shipped back in person while i am there.

The vessel i have access to holds 20, 8x20' ISBU containers and i would need to be able to have all of them filled to make it profitable for me. The price on leasing the ship as a whole is the same no matter the weight so the wood could still be wet so long as the bark was removed (invasive spices act requires the bark to be gone to prohibit the transportaion of bark dwelling insects) If we were to divide the load equally 50% Kiaat, 25% Tambootie, 20% jacardanda and 10% ironwood, my estimate is the load would pay you guys $81,250 and would require cutting between 200 and 600 trees then squaring them up for shipment.

Sounds like an adventure! I don't think the number of trees or the work would be a problem, I'm more concerned about the security situation in Zim for foreign travellers. Looking into that.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:49:30 PM

Send me the location of the wood in a PM and i will see what we can do to get it picked up, Once i get the shipping situated i will place the $65 in escrow with any trusted forum escrow of your choosing to be released upon confirmation of pickup.

OK, that all sounds good. I'll contact him tomorrow morning my time and get his exact address and find out about the kiln drying. The wood is currently air drying in a shed but hopefully there's a kiln available.

I'd like to go with TomatoCage as escrow agent.

If the samples are up to par, i might make a flight over there after the first of the year to check out the operation and purchase a small vessel load of wood to be shipped back in person while i am there.

Sounds like an adventure! I don't think the number of trees or the work would be a problem, I'm more concerned about the security situation in Zim for foreign travellers. Looking into that.

Dont worry about security, i have my own and they will meet me in Johannesburg where i will be flying in to. I have made quite a few trips to Africa to pick up large shipments of exotic wood.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:33:35 PM

PM me if interested.

How much do you want?

I'd take a dozen pieces @ 6"x6"x18" if you could get them. You have to either paint both ends heavily with latex paint, or melt some wax and paint it on with a paint brush to keep it from cracking, and if it hasn't been cut down for at least 6 months i would appreciate it if you could leave them to air dry once cut to size for a week or two.

For shipping, let me know the address of where you would be shipping from and i can check with all my freight companies i use to see who can get me the best deal. Typically people just package them all in a box for me and it helps if you load the box with dry sawdust so the wood does not split during shipping. You can PM me the address it would need to be picked up at.

Thanks

Ok. Assuming I can do all of that for you to your liking what would you be willing to pay (not including shipping costs)?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: