Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:22:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Bus - We will print it on a real bus!  (Read 13870 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:22:43 PM

Just changing server to make it run smooth, it was running very bad here, Sorry for the downtime guys and gals. When it stops saying "Changing server to make it run smooth!" you know that it is running on the new server.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:03:26 PM

WalletBit just purchased a humble spot on the right side of the bus.  Wink
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:05:19 PM

Great idea. I hope it will succeed.
Good luck!

*subbed*

Thank you sir, but to succeed I need your help and other people's help.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 03:04:36 PM

The thread is going a little off topic, guess that's ok.

What do you mean? How am I anonymous

https://walletbit.com/about/contact

Do what you want, but anyone who trusts any kind off bitcoin balance to someone who doesn't provide full contact info and an insurance policy OR be in a country where they can be sued, is a fool.

I'll assume that the contact info is in the form of an image to ward of email scrappers, though that no longer works since the advent of imagereaders to overcome that ploy.

That said, I'm happy to report that finding Kris would not be a problem for, as another user has already pointed out, he's not that hard to find. Although I won't post any of my findings, one can easily locate his home address, see family members, and know what kind of dog he owns.

Great idea. I hope it will succeed.
Good luck!

*subbed*

Thank you sir, but to succeed I need your help and other people's help.

This post alone, Kris, should get a few more pixels sold, thus helping to get this bus out of the mud.

For clarification purposes, is it the finished sold pixel image the one that is going to be placed on some bus, or some other content? I'm referencing the following image from the Million Dollar Homepage as an example of what I'm inquiring about.

Although I'm well aware that this project of yours is meant to bring more awareness to Bitcoin, and the following suggestion may be premature at this stage of the bus-idea-game, but I'll offer it up nonetheless.

Warning!: Justin Bieber is about to mentioned by me--again. Please bear in mind that he's used only as an example.

(possibly for the States or Canada) Picture, if you will, the first ever fan generated, pixelated advertised bus, where all the pixels MUST be purchased with Bitcoin. A true fan would bend over backwards to lay their hands on bitcoins so that they won't miss out on this unique opportunity. Sound far-fetched! Then the person reading this isn't thinking outside their mining rig. (I reckon I didn't have to use his name after all)

~Bruno~
DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:04:29 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 05:14:32 PM by BitcoinTraderIE

Can you clarify a few things Kris. You are proposing a bus covered in hundreds of small ads. If everyone buys the minimum 100 pixels, then there will be 15,983 ads on the bus. Are you sure such ads will be even readable on a moving bus?

Maybe the minimum purchase should be 1000 pixels? That would mean 1598 ads on the bus, which is still a lot for people to read on a moving object.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:18:23 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

For clarification purposes, is it the finished sold pixel image the one that is going to be placed on some bus, or some other content? I'm referencing the following image from the Million Dollar Homepage as an example of what I'm inquiring about.

Yes I would like to place the finished pixel image on the bus, hopefully both sides and the back.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:48:56 PM

Can you clarify a few things Kris. You are proposing a bus covered in hundreds of small ads. If everyone buys the minimum 100 pixels, then there will be 15,983 ads on the bus. Are you sure such ads will be even readable on a moving bus?

Maybe the minimum purchase should be 1000 pixels? That would mean 1598 ads on the bus, which is still a lot for people to read on a moving object.

I am betting on some big players, buying big spots, or like austonst idea, which is also awesome by the way.

Seems like a good opportunity to do some bitcoin advertising. Maybe we could all pitch in for a large ad for bitcoin itself, prominently displayed on the side? It would be shame to have this filled up with random ads for bitcoin-related projects without a central bitcoin logo and something like a weusecoins.com or bitcoin.org link.

Best idea ever!, you will even have my support on that one.

I can keep the pitch in safe on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G   The address is hosted on WalletBit, so it's safe.

Until we decide for a go on the giant Bitcoin Ad.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:52:21 PM

Kris, you _could_ have edited those terms that you copied from other site. I guess no paint in a bus can be animated Grin

I think it would be better to gather bitcoins to buy several bigger btc-related ads/images to be printed on a bus rather than 1000s of small ads that nobody can read. A big "BITCOIN"-text on a side of a bus for example. And everyone pays a little bit of the ad and you could see progress somewhere etc.

Anduck

I edited this
Images must NOT be animated (imagine how messy the homepage would look)

To this
Images cannot be animated (it is just not possible yet on a bus)

Grin

You are more then welcome to pitch in on this address: 1MjyWLY1Rvx7rtqKwymA6Mo1gXF1UaFB8G

For one full side of the bus, we would need ฿2,113.20 in terms of ฿0.30 per 10 x 10 pixel block
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:38:02 PM

Awesome idea. Good luck!
fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.
You're saying that there doesn't exist a single honest person in the world. That's ridiculous.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:07:48 PM

Unless you're first to do this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/719475/media_intergration_t_shirt_video_screen_shirt/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 09:16:37 PM

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.
You're saying that there doesn't exist a single honest person in the world. That's ridiculous.

Bob: Father Christopher, the Church needs a new paint job.
Father Christopher: And?
Bob: (After a short pause.) New plants around the Church would be nice.
Father Christopher: AND?
Bob: (Still puzzled.) A new organ?
Father Christopher: AND?
Bob: (Gets it!) Four young lads have recently become members.
Father Christopher: (Drooling) Fetch me the checkbook, Bob.

Tomorrow, I'll post a conversation with the Dalai Lama.
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:41:44 PM

There's the hacker bus tour right now where you can pay cash to get bitcoins should it come to your euro town
http://www.hackerbus.eu/

Organized by the guy who runs Torservers.net ... haven't seen the design maye he could use your bitcoin ad (:
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:03:46 PM

Unless you're first to do this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/719475/media_intergration_t_shirt_video_screen_shirt/

That would be a first!  Shocked
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:04:55 PM

There's the hacker bus tour right now where you can pay cash to get bitcoins should it come to your euro town
http://www.hackerbus.eu/

Organized by the guy who runs Torservers.net ... haven't seen the design maye he could use your bitcoin ad (:

I will try and email them, see what they say.
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:05:46 PM

Great idea! Will you be selling physical Bitcoins to people from the bus? That would be cool.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

Just put CoinDL on the Bus! Best of luck to Kris with this project...I'd really like to see an IRL picture of it when it happens.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

That simply means the amount of bitcoins you had access to wasn't high enough to make you fake a theft.  But everyone has a number.

Of course I am not saying that - every person in the world doesn't take bitcoin deposits. 

But it's not ridiculous when you combine it with anonymity.  A person starts a bitcoin service and remains anonymous to keep the option open of one day committing theft and getting away with it easily.  I'd love to hear other reasoning, but I won't comment further in this thread, as I don't want to derail it any further.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:47:18 PM

I won't comment further in this thread, as I don't want to derail it any further.

And on that remark, here is another example.

From what I can read, and the people I talked to, I think we can manage to get a great deal for 4 weeks, IF we get all the pixels filled up. But right now, One week maybe 2-3 days is the goal, depending on how things develop.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: