Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASPCA animal rescue  (Read 1262 times)
JLynn171 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:09:25 PM

I've sent email to ASPCA animal rescue to see if they may be interesting in accepting BTC as form of donation, but im sure just 1 email from 1 random person will not be enough to influence them into jumping on the bitcoin ship.... maybe hopefully someone else out there readin this loves animals as much as I and will also do an email or two to them with the same inquiry and it will peak there interest in accepting... help guys....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:57:17 PM

i personally do not like corporate charities, seeing as they get large funding of governments of over $200mill, yet the actual animal care activities accounts for under $30mill.

they spend more on advertising and fundraising activities then they do on actually helping an animal.

i prefer http://www.hopeforpaws.org/ which is less corporate and has more proof of actual animal care and less proof of wasting money on fundraising campaigns.

so while your emailing ASPCA also use the contact page of hope for paws Cheesy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:20:42 PM

i personally do not like corporate charities, seeing as they get large funding of governments of over $200mill, yet the actual animal care activities accounts for under $30mill.

they spend more on advertising and fundraising activities then they do on actually helping an animal.

i prefer http://www.hopeforpaws.org/ which is less corporate and has more proof of actual animal care and less proof of wasting money on fundraising campaigns.

so while your emailing ASPCA also use the contact page of hope for paws Cheesy

Will do I have never heard of hopeforpaws.org but I am always looking for new ways to try and help abused/abandoned/homeless animals...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:35:17 PM

If I would donate anything I think I would donate to local charities instead of the larger organisations.

With local charities you have the chance to see where they use your money for. Gives you a good feeling when you know the funds are used for a good thing.

That's not always the case with large charities. There you can only hope that they will use it for what they promise.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 10:59:27 PM

Sometimes charities have wishlists, like http://www.sdhumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=don_WishList

So you just buy the stuff they want and give/ship it to them.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
RICHBOSS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:08:08 PM

PETA should also accept bitcoin
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:36:06 PM

PETA should also accept bitcoin

find their contact page and send them a brief email saying as simple as:
"i love your charity and what it does, but i find it hard to make an international payment with the options you give due to my location. i do however have access to bitcoins which allow international transactions instantly, so i ask if or when you will accept bitcoin to allow me and hundreds of thousands of other people to donate to you without the burden of third party processors"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:58:40 PM

An excellent idea OP.

As for PETA, they're a little bit extreme.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:28:23 PM

I have some first hand experience (and plenty of 2nd hand knowledge) with some animal charities. I can agree that the bigger ones do tend to spend possibly too much on awareness campaigns, 'stuff' and donations could possibly be better spent on smaller, more local organisations - but if the bigger ones accept BTC then the smaller ones are more likely to pick it up too, not the other way round.

So I think its just as important to push the big ones to get on board as it is to give donations to the smaller ones to get more effective aid for the money (however every charity has admin costs and rely on marketing campaigns to generate more donations - the smaller ones do not get gvmnt / public money, at least none that ive ever been involved with - obviously its different everywhere).

In any case, if the ASPCA start to take BTC donations im sure it wouldnt be money badly spent, even if it goes to a commercial or some other PA stuff - awareness is important too, of both animal charity in general and the money that makes it to the 'front line' (for every ASPCA commercial out there, im sure other charities get a boost from it too).

I know a few local charities do a great job worth a mention (that I also contacted about BTC before), just in case people want some suggestions for BTC mailing...
Dogs Trust http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_Trust
Cats aid, Ispca and http://www.bluecross.org.uk/

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JLynn171 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:41:24 PM

I have some first hand experience (and plenty of 2nd hand knowledge) with some animal charities. I can agree that the bigger ones do tend to spend possibly too much on awareness campaigns, 'stuff' and donations could possibly be better spent on smaller, more local organisations - but if the bigger ones accept BTC then the smaller ones are more likely to pick it up too, not the other way round.

So I think its just as important to push the big ones to get on board as it is to give donations to the smaller ones to get more effective aid for the money (however every charity has admin costs and rely on marketing campaigns to generate more donations - the smaller ones do not get gvmnt / public money, at least none that ive ever been involved with - obviously its different everywhere).

In any case, if the ASPCA start to take BTC donations im sure it wouldnt be money badly spent, even if it goes to a commercial or some other PA stuff - awareness is important too, of both animal charity in general and the money that makes it to the 'front line' (for every ASPCA commercial out there, im sure other charities get a boost from it too).

I know a few local charities do a great job worth a mention (that I also contacted about BTC before), just in case people want some suggestions for BTC mailing...
Dogs Trust http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_Trust
Cats aid, Ispca and http://www.bluecross.org.uk/

plus if it take say 500,000 in advertising to get an extra 1.5million in donations than that is an extra 1 million they would not have had without spending that 500,000 then imo it is money well spent... people always look at advertising with charity money as a waste, but its money spent to get  more money for the cause that they would not have been able to get if not done...
allalibra

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:06:18 PM

If you are looking for other smaller animal charities that accept bitcoin donations, I would recommend Forgotten Animals - https://forgottenanimals.org/.
They are working hard to save as many animals as possible from despair in countries where animal welfare education, rights and resources are most deficient.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: