Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RPCD] Rand Paul Coin (Deflationary)  (Read 49478 times)
randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:14:07 AM

i LOVE this Smiley Rand is great!!! anyway questions

1) what exchanges?

2) when can i get it ?

3) whats the payment to people holding the coin? basically whats the % PoS?

thanks and good job

1) I can't promise any exchanges. DPOS is new and support isn't as strong as it is for Bitcoin forks. I plan on working on exchanges, but want to get a working test-net up first and involve more people. I am hoping for BTER for starters as they have been open to supporting the DPOS community in the past. I would love Cryptsy, but they're slow on adopting any new coin. A coin without an exchange has a fraction of the value due to no price discovery. So this will be high on the list. If I have to bribe someone I will.

2) I don't know. Buy RPC coin on Cryptsy because price hasn't budged.  When I sharedrop the RPCD coins, 80% goes to RPC holders.

3) There is no payment.  Transaction fees will be burned.  That means the money supply deflates.  Thats one of the main aspects of this currency.  There is no random guaranteed %s.  It is DPOS, not POS. D is for delegated. Delegates are the equivalent of miners.  They are elected by shareholders.

Thank you for your encouraging words.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow to start really delving into this.
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:18:46 AM

You need to start with more than 13 delegates.  You also should post at bitsharestalk.org.  There is a thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11049.new#new talking about this one.  You will find a lot of people dedicated to the cause, willing, and able to run delegate nodes.

bitsharestalk.org does not seem to allow TOR or at least I could not sign-up under TOR. I have nothing against that community. In fact I have an account there already with a few posts.

Why do you think I need more than 13 delegates? Security is somewhat a function of market cap. The more delegates the less they get paid and I would like people to at least be paid a small amount. I think longterm viability of the chain is more important than the minor security increases and extra difficulty in having more unique delegates.

I'll try again to get an account over there but prefer to remain anonymous. Some of the future features of this coin might not be entirely legal.

The main reason I think you should start with more than 13 delegates is ultimately that I don't see a cost associated with starting with more, but I do see a benefit.  You are honoring the social contract of bitshares.  You should have no problem finding 50 unique individuals that are willing to operate a delegate node.  Even if the immediate payout is not enough to ensure a hefty profit.  Remember the significance of what we are trying to accomplish.  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.msg35523#msg35523  I will check into registering an account with a tails distro, I'm pretty sure I was able to successfully register through tor in the past.  That was the previous forum though. 

Either way, I would be willing to spin up a delegate and seed node, and I am certain that many others would be as well.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:43:14 AM

my concern is what algo for this coin  Huh

Delegated Proof of Stake.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS
fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:07:53 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 09:49:54 AM by fuznutts

Oh lord I have been thinking about posting here all day but wasn't (quite) sure what to think.  

I have decided to jump in too..  

I currently run the Beyond Bitcoin Mumble Server where the BitShares Community meets with Devs to communicate and coordinate.  I would like to run something similar for all who volunteer toward this cause.  So lets have some meetups and make history.  If you are interested PM me on bitsharestalk.org (fuzzy) and I'll help you gain access to the open community server.  You can join us at the following link:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0  (I recommend you just login and chill even if there is little going on because you never know when its going to get interesting).  

My main goal has Always been to help document the evolution of DPOS as the Crypto-Gold Standard Algorithm (like that?? Tongue) it has the potential to become and it seems this fits very well into the equation.  I only wish we lived in a world where the dev could feel comfortable coming out without fear of future punishment in his/her jurisdiction, which I am assuming is America?  Actually, nvm, don't answer that.  Just be free and enjoy your privacy while you have it I suppose.  

As far as the coin, the market will determine its value...and hopefully the people will together be able to help fund effective political campaigns for libertarian-minded free market candidates who will legitimize cryptocurrency.  If this coin is solid, and we get a team of people interested in working on it, I think we are going to see history in the making.  It could be mind blowing.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:14:41 AM

This sounds interesting! Just saw this!

If you're genuinely looking to create a wide fairly distributed deflationary fork of BitShares then you have my support.

For those that don't know yesterday Nov 5, BitSharesX became BitShares they now have up to 8% inflation, which can even be made higher if shareholders agree. So there is an opportunity for a coin that has the benefits of BitShares but is not inflationary. (BitShares will still do very well  but I would say their share price fell from $65 million to where it is today in the last month mainly because people don't want inflation, so there is a lot of value out there waiting for this.)

TheMasterKey

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:16:10 AM

Ron Paul Coin was enough guys, shall we put out a coin for each member of Dr. Paul's family ? This is getting a bit too much.
joninoakland

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:12:28 PM

Ron Paul Coin was enough guys, shall we put out a coin for each member of Dr. Paul's family ? This is getting a bit too much.

I am sorry you feel that way.  Looking forward to building a large community to support and fund Rand Paul's Campaign.  I just hope we can give him a reason to lean farther toward his roots than toward the gravity sync that is the GOP. 
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:09:59 PM

It was brought to my attention that some might not understand how this works.

A sharedrop is taking the blockchain records of an existing coin and then using that information to distribute equity on a new chain. The same proportions and public keys are used. This allows the existing private keys to be used to unlock the balances in the new chain!

This allows the creator of a DPOS coin to mix and match from a variety of demographics - all of which could be 100% POW coins. In effect, this has the new DPOS chain utilize the POW based distribution of existing coins. So it largely alleviates concerns of unfair distributions that we hear POW people say when referring to POS coins.

I'm a huge fan of the work of the Bitshares team, even if it still has some work to be done. There is no wallet that has near the features. So I wanted to create a coin that has some relevance and it appears Rand is the most promising of libertarian leaning candidates to date. I thought about having a coin with a more generalized theme, but Rand seems just as good.

AFAIK as I know Ron Paul Coin had no trickery associated with distribution. It is pure POW, no premine. So we have approximately 175,000 RPC in existence. When you hold RPC in your wallet on the snapshot date, then you will get some portion of RPCD.

Here is an example of the math.  Lets assume 175,000 RPC exist, and you own 1000.  In the genesis block, you will own

.80 * 1,000 / 175,000 * 1,000,000 = 4571.428571 RPCD

So that .8 is the proportion of the new chain being given to RPC holders, 1000 is the number of coins currently held with 175k being the number of RPC coins in existence at the time of the snapshot.  1,000,000 is the RPCD coin supply and will be the maximum coin supply FOREVER.  4571 is the number of coins that would appear in the RPCD wallet after unlocking it with the RPC key.

Anyone have anymore questions I'd be glad to answer them.  DPOS rocks.

CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:05:31 PM

First altcoin based on BitShares technology! Will definitely look out for this one.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:57:39 PM

You're  going to share drop 80% on a $10 000 coin?

If I've got that wrong please ignore the following rant...

How gullible do you think people are?
You could have slowly bought up most of that coin for a few thousand dollars.
It's like an 80% sharedrop mostly to yourself.
Ron Paul is a good man, shame on you trying to use his good name for a scam.
puppies

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:31:09 AM

We will have 13 delegates to maintain a profitability level for all the block-signers.   1 initial delegate for each of the original colonies which broke away from the British Empire over ridiculous policies of taxation.  

I'm hoping that that "wat" was because the revolutionary war led to an immediate doubling of taxes on the American people.  Whats more the items taxed moved from taxation of legal documents, to taxation of items much more important to the common man.  (look up shayes rebellion and the whiskey rebellion)

So ultimately the revolutionary war moved the American people from an average 1% taxation rate (mainly upon lawyers, and legal documents) to a 2% taxation rate, which was applied to a common specie of payment in the american frontier.

Also in case you didn't know.  The Boston tea party was in response to the lowering of taxes on british tea.  Not the raising.
puppies

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:41:43 AM

I was also a little concerned with
2) I don't know. Buy RPC coin on Cryptsy because price hasn't budged.  When I sharedrop the RPCD coins, 80% goes to RPC holders.

I am reserving judgment though.  Collecting empirical evidence before I make a decision.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:26:18 AM

Ya know, you could give more to PTS/AGS holders. That would dilute that 80% RPC stigma.  Grin

randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:13:21 AM

I don't believe one could slowly buying up the coin for a few thousand dollars. I don't think anywhere near most of the coin has even been available after the price dropped to next to nothing. This also assumes there are not other persons attempting to acquire the coin.

I can assure you it is nowhere near 80% sharedrop on myself. Yes I bought some coins. I'd be foolish not to do so. Do you want to line up to pay for all the development costs? If you are willing to do so, then send me a pm.

Scam is a very harsh accusation and I have done absolutely nothing that resembles a scam in any way shape or form. I also have no intention of scam type behaviors. There are tons of altcoins with premines and questionable behavior. Premines rule the coin out for sharedropping.

To the person who commented about me mentioning Cryptsy - I have no comment outside of the fact that I am just stating plain reality. People asked a question, so I informed them of the only appropriate answer. I wish other exchanges had kept supporting RPC. RPC is dying off sooner than later. The only way I can gauge the demand is by looking at the price on one exchange.

I am glad that you think I might have the potential to become rich off this or some such. I wish I had the same strong views.

I am doing this coin because I've never released a coin before. I like the idea of Libertarianism although I am not an ideologue. I like the idea of a DAC donating to a political candidate, although the statement it makes has questionable value.

If I may ask, what coin would you sharedrop to instead?
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:22:06 AM

Ya know, you could give more to PTS/AGS holders. That would dilute that 80% RPC stigma.  Grin

I paused and considered this. I am tempted. Unfortunately it would change the deal for those who have already bought RPC in anticipation. Perhaps with what I learn from this I can create but another coin that is a pure drop on top of PTS/AGS and maybe BTS?

You guys should realize that this benefits BTS and BTSX considerably just by allowing people to become familiar with the underlying technology.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:32:32 AM

I'm hoping that that "wat" was because the revolutionary war led to an immediate doubling of taxes on the American people.  Whats more the items taxed moved from taxation of legal documents, to taxation of items much more important to the common man.  (look up shayes rebellion and the whiskey rebellion)

So ultimately the revolutionary war moved the American people from an average 1% taxation rate (mainly upon lawyers, and legal documents) to a 2% taxation rate, which was applied to a common specie of payment in the american frontier.

Also in case you didn't know.  The Boston tea party was in response to the lowering of taxes on british tea.  Not the raising.

Ha Ha !  I wish I was more of a historian. We can't be experts in everything. I only wish I had more time and ability to retain memories.

The 13 number is one thing that I can budge on without changing the deal for anyone who may have committed resources. 101 delegates is just too many. It is hard to manage voting and hard to find 101 truly unique delegates. 13 might be too low, but it can be changed if the market cap rises significantly.
jshow5555

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:28:48 AM

First ever DPOS/BTS coin with no inflation?

I am in.  Smiley

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:12:13 AM

I don't believe one could slowly buying up the coin for a few thousand dollars. I don't think anywhere near most of the coin has even been available after the price dropped to next to nothing. This also assumes there are not other persons attempting to acquire the coin.

I can assure you it is nowhere near 80% sharedrop on myself. Yes I bought some coins. I'd be foolish not to do so. Do you want to line up to pay for all the development costs? If you are willing to do so, then send me a pm.

Scam is a very harsh accusation and I have done absolutely nothing that resembles a scam in any way shape or form. I also have no intention of scam type behaviors. There are tons of altcoins with premines and questionable behavior. Premines rule the coin out for sharedropping.

Scam is a very harsh accusation. In this case calling it a scam isn't harsh enough.

If you need development funds then specify how much you want personally and how much you need for development.

Don't pretend to be share-dropping on loyal supporters of Ron Paul , it's shameless.

@ <$5000 a few weeks ago, who knows what % you now own? You may have bought out the previous developers stake too off market for all we know.

A DPOS coin requires incredible transparency and a wide initial distribution to be successful. There's a potential pump and dump here but nothing more.

Anyway I'll leave you to it. I'm outta here. Take care.
Xeldal

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:09:17 PM

Why not just issue RPCD on the bitshares network as a user issued asset? 

Use the existing delegates, existing bitUSD/bitGold markets, etc,  instead of trying to recreate all these things.

Leverage off the infrastructure being built around bitUSD/bitGold assets already instead of replicating the effort. 

What exactly do you gain from redoing everything?  It seems like wasted resources, unnecessary complications. What am I missing?

randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:39:37 PM

You're  going to share drop 80% on a $10 000 coin?

Scam is a very harsh accusation. In this case calling it a scam isn't harsh enough.

If you need development funds then specify how much you want personally and how much you need for development.

Don't pretend to be share-dropping on loyal supporters of Ron Paul , it's shameless.

@ <$5000 a few weeks ago, who knows what % you now own? You may have bought out the previous developers stake too off market for all we know.

A DPOS coin requires incredible transparency and a wide initial distribution to be successful. There's a potential pump and dump here but nothing more.

Anyway I'll leave you to it. I'm outta here. Take care.

This is beyond a scam? What planet do you come from? Apparently you've never seen actual scams. Grow up and get out of high school first.

I admitted to buying RPC coins in a truthful manner. I am not the largest shareholder. It was less than $5k market cap at some point, but it wasn't whenever I bought any nor do I believe it is truthful to say a "few weeks ago".  I've bought all the coins recently and I can assure you there were multiple people buying the coin as observed by any buy order I placed being leapfrogged by some bot.

I am not "pretending to share-drop on loyal supporters of Ron Paul".  I am share-dropping on Ron Paul Coin and I believe a lot of the long term Ron Paul supporters own the coin.

I like how you claim I should have just named a price for development ! No, I want to create a coin. I am creating a coin. Another person who whines and complains from the sidelines but does nothing themselves. I noticed when I asked if you'd back the development of a coin you just hurl more insults. Typical sense of entitlement or you have a competitor of some sort.

All coins can be a potential "pump and dump".  Every single coin.  Yes, there is that potential here. Guess what kid, that potential is there for every coin.

Glad you've left as you're nothing but negative and not even bothered to answer my sincere question on how you'd sharedrop to the Liberty movement?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: