Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RPCD] Rand Paul Coin (Deflationary)  (Read 49478 times)
randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:16:59 PM

Update

1 - It is unlikely we will be changing names. Although people love Ron more, I am seeing more desire for the coin to be named after Rand. If Rand happens to not make president, the coin will still have tremendous value and can be rebranded as Ron!

2 - I do not know what is up with Cryptsy. If anyone on here does significant volume and thinks they could receive an answer about why the wallet is in "maintenance" mode it would be most appreciated.  (Search for the RPC ANN for more of my thoughts)

3 - I really want to give something to active Doge holders and BTC users. I have been discussing things with friends on what parameters I should use to accomplish my objectives. I should have better answers in a few days. I am still doing a lot of research. I really really want to target users with active wallets. It should be possible to drop to only wallets with recent activity. This way we can maintain a sharedrop in amounts worth most people's time while also targeting those who seem to be active in using the currency. I'm trying my best to maximize the value.

4 - I am excited! I heard from someone who works with Rand Paul's candidacy. I am not sure where that will go, but excitement is great for motivation. Please keep up the kind words.

5 - I still plan on taking the snapshot of RPC on the 20th. The other coins I am not so sure, but their market cap is so large that I do not feel it is important to give notice. If Cryptsy insists on shutting down their deposits and withdrawals, then the date of the 20th may be postponed until they do something about that situation.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:03:52 PM

Update

1 - It is unlikely we will be changing names. Although people love Ron more, I am seeing more desire for the coin to be named after Rand. If Rand happens to not make president, the coin will still have tremendous value and can be rebranded as Ron!

2 - I do not know what is up with Cryptsy. If anyone on here does significant volume and thinks they could receive an answer about why the wallet is in "maintenance" mode it would be most appreciated.  (Search for the RPC ANN for more of my thoughts)

3 - I really want to give something to active Doge holders and BTC users. I have been discussing things with friends on what parameters I should use to accomplish my objectives. I should have better answers in a few days. I am still doing a lot of research. I really really want to target users with active wallets. It should be possible to drop to only wallets with recent activity. This way we can maintain a sharedrop in amounts worth most people's time while also targeting those who seem to be active in using the currency. I'm trying my best to maximize the value.

4 - I am excited! I heard from someone who works with Rand Paul's candidacy. I am not sure where that will go, but excitement is great for motivation. Please keep up the kind words.

5 - I still plan on taking the snapshot of RPC on the 20th. The other coins I am not so sure, but their market cap is so large that I do not feel it is important to give notice. If Cryptsy insists on shutting down their deposits and withdrawals, then the date of the 20th may be postponed until they do something about that situation.

Totally agree, my first impression was change to Ron Paul, but after talking it over with others, I think Rand Paul is much more interesting due to the current political situation. I do believe he will be made aware of it by the way. Wink

I contacted someone at cryptsy and let them know it is important the wallet is fixed so people can withdraw to their personal wallets for the snapshot, but worst case I would request a delay on the snapshot if for some reason they are unable to fix it in 9 days. I can't imagine they won't have it fixed by then, but it would not be fair if people are left out due to a technical glitch out of our control.

I run a crypto club with around 3700 people, and we are all talking about Rand Paul Coin now, some of us are buying in too, everyone is welcome to join, free information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459085124197658/

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:15:38 AM

So rand has 1 million coins out yet RPC has only about 200k so how will you do a swap for 50%?

Or are you planing to eliminate the whole 2 million future total coins for RPC?

Another question is what will happen to RPC and Rand, will one replace the other so only one will exist?

If so which one and what will the inflation/deflation be and also total [real] Max hard cap?

Thank you!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:03:43 AM

So rand has 1 million coins out yet RPC has only about 200k so how will you do a swap for 50%?

Another question is what will happen to RPC and Rand, will one replace the other so only one will exist?

If so which one and what will the inflation/deflation be and also total [real] Max hard cap?

Thank you!

Just guessing, but I assume they would just calculate out more units for the snapshot, if it is 50% RPC, 80%, or whatever. The snapshot I believe uses blockchain data for distribution numbers, so you would want your Ron Paul Coins in your wallet before the 20th, or whenever it happens.

Ron Paul Coin is scrypt Proof of Work, so it would continue on I imagine just as it is unless some devs or the community decided to fork it or change it later. So if you buy Ron Paul Coins, you would end up with Rand and Ron Paul coins. I know a little about Bitshares, pretty sure that it how it works.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 05:16:03 AM

Just guessing, but I assume they would just calculate out more units for the snapshot, if it is 50% RPC, 80%, or whatever. The snapshot I believe uses blockchain data for distribution numbers, so you would want your Ron Paul Coins in your wallet before the 20th, or whenever it happens.

Ron Paul Coin is scrypt Proof of Work, so it would continue on I imagine just as it is unless some devs or the community decided to fork it or change it later. So if you buy Ron Paul Coins, you would end up with Rand and Ron Paul coins. I know a little about Bitshares, pretty sure that it how it works.

Man, I'm still confused, can the dev clear this up.

let's say I have 1,000 Ron Paul coins.  After the swap how many RPC and how many Rand coins would I have?

Would both coins still exist or would one merge with the other making just 1 coin?

And finally, what would the inflation/deflation and dilution (max cap) be?

thanks!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

Update

Please reconsider your snapshot date of the 20th and instead make it directly dependent on when Cryptsy's people get their heads out of their asses and enable people to either A) withdraw their funds from a wallet "in maintenance" or B) start honoring snapshots from the bitshares ecosystem (instead of taking them as their own). 

Also...if anyone working for another exchange is interested in becoming an exchange beloved by all the bitshares community, please consider taking on RPC and honoring snapshots in an effort to bring to light this ridiculous behavior that Cryptsy is apparently so intent on displaying openly and without remorse.  You are almost certain to become the benefactor of Cryptsy's losses as only 3 exchanges currently honor BitShares-Powered Snapshots:  Poloniex (Only U.S.-based exchange), Bter.com and BTC38 (Both based in China). 

As you can see, there is plenty of room for competition in this space and the first movers will be very glad in the end that they had the foresight to see what was coming and choose the honorable and ethical path that supports customers instead of leeching from them. 

randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:10:11 PM

Thank you!

Everything is scaled proportionally.

For example - If there were only 10 RPC, and we are creating 1 million coins.  First RPC gets 50% of the final allocation or 500k coins.  Then 500k / 10 RPC = 50k or each RPC coin would give you 50k coins.

RPC will continue producing coins, but once the snapshot is taken they will no longer directly impact RPCD. Think of snapshot as in a snapshot of the blockchain.

The 2 projects are independent. We are utilizing RPC to generate the distribution. This is how POS coins avoid accusations of premine, by sharedropping onto existing coins that weren't premined.

RPCD will have a max hard cap of 1,000,000 coins. I think keeping it simple works, although it could just as well have been 2,000,000,000.

I have not figured out the deflation rate. I want to make it significant enough to pay the 13 original delegates a minimal amount to insure participation. It will be in the form of burned transaction fees. This is how Bitshares X was before they turned to inflation to finance the development we will be using. So transaction fees pay the 13 delegates (analagous to miners).

Update
Ok, I have an understanding how to do the snapshot. It is actually easier than I thought it would be. I'll be setting it up today and creating the initial snapshots. I've found a good support site without bothering Bitshares.

We'll have a few unofficial snapshots for the testnets so people can start playing around before cryptsy issue is resolved.
biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:45:27 PM

Hey, just a word of caution to you traders: as soon as Cryptsy enables deposits, it's reasonable to assume that there will be a massive flood of RPC into Cryptsy as people have been watching the pump and they'll be wanting to sell. It would not be surprising if the price of RPC crashes significantly as soon as deposits are enabled. On the other hand, RPCD has a pretty fair chance of pumping above 100k market cap, so maybe you don't care whether you buy at 25k sat or 15k sat. Smiley

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:42:24 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 12:53:44 AM by randpaulcoin

If anyone would like to give me feedback I would like to know if you have removed your coins from Cryptsy or if you have them stuck because you didn't have a wallet ready?

There are those who are not aware of the RPCD sharedrop and those who have their coins on the site aware of the sharedrop.

I'm really concerned they may not open their wallet back up. I would like to know if anyone received actionable feedback?

I am just as interested hearing from those that did withdraw as those who didn't. It sounds weird but such a list would be really helpful.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:05:40 AM

If anyone would like to give me feedback I would like to know if you have removed your coins from Cryptsy or if you have them stuck because you didn't have a wallet ready?

There are those who are not aware of the RPCD sharedrop and those who have their coins on the site aware of the sharedrop.

I'm really concerned they may not open their wallet back up. I would like to know if anyone received actionable feedback?

I am just as interested hearing from those that did withdraw as those who didn't. It sounds weird but such a list would be really helpful.

I bought some RPC because of your snapshot announcement but have been unable to withdraw, as their wallet is in maintenance mode or something.

The feedback I got was that Crypsty were unable to give me an ETA for when withdrawals would be functioning but they said they would notify me when they were.
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:06:58 AM

I contacted Cryptsy about the Wallet issue, they said they should have it fixed by Thursday, so we should be ok before the 20th I imagine. All my coins are stuck on Crytpsy, but my wallet is synched up and ready to move them once they have it fixed.

CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:09:58 AM

Hey, just a word of caution to you traders: as soon as Cryptsy enables deposits, it's reasonable to assume that there will be a massive flood of RPC into Cryptsy as people have been watching the pump and they'll be wanting to sell. It would not be surprising if the price of RPC crashes significantly as soon as deposits are enabled. On the other hand, RPCD has a pretty fair chance of pumping above 100k market cap, so maybe you don't care whether you buy at 25k sat or 15k sat. Smiley

Good call, might set up some BTC to catch that.

randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:39:32 AM

Thank you CryptoClub. Hearing an actual date from someone a bit higher at their helpdesk is reassuring. One never hears anything positive about Cryptsy so it is easy to assume the worst.
Bigsky

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:54:15 AM

G'day randpaulcoin,

I have been and still are a huge supporter of Ron Paul.

I believe firmly in the values he espouses

That is why I mined and still hold RPC's,

I also bought quite a few on Crypsty which are still
sitting in my Crypsty account, unable to be moved

this is the reply I received after asking cryptsy to fix their issues with RPC

Thank you for contacting Cryptsy.
We deeply apologize on the delay and for any issues that may have arisen due to this.
RPC wallet is still under maintenance and will try our best to have it back soon.
Our technical support team is currently working on this to upgrade
and do whatever is necessary to keep these issues from happening again.
There is no ETA provided yet however we will keep your ticket open and keep you posted.
Please be patient as we repair the issue and get RPC running again.
All transactions will be posted in order once wallet is up.
Thank you kindly for your patience.

I also added up all RPC coins on Crypsty for sale,

this figure worked out to roughly 5% of all RPC's ever created

I also own around 2% ever created, still sitting at cryptsy not for sale

so that is roughly 7% of all coins minted.

Question for all other holders of RPC's at Cryptsy not already on the sell list at under .0014
(as I dont want to double count them)

how many do you own and would you be prepared to supply screenshots if these figures
all dont make sense in the big scheme of things.

Also Randpaulcoin, how many coins were sitting in holder wallets when you did your
preliminary count

cheers grant
Bigsky

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:10:17 AM

After a follow up msg to Cryptsy asking for the issue to be
urgently addressed as we needed the coins in our personal
wallets, and informing them that you would not issue
any coins to cryptsy in the drop, Cryptsy have now fixed
the issues with RPC and are now able to be withdrawn or added

So disregard my last post regarding how many coins you have
with them

We should be all good for the drop by the 20th

cheers grant

Kwipto

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:24:02 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 06:42:55 PM by Kwipto

After a follow up msg to Cryptsy asking for the issue to be
urgently addressed as we needed the coins in our personal
wallets, and informing them that you would not issue
any coins to cryptsy in the drop, Cryptsy have now fixed
the issues with RPC and are now able to be withdrawn or added

So disregard my last post regarding how many coins you have
with them

We should be all good for the drop by the 20th

cheers grant

Thank You Bigsky awesome work!  Smiley
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:43:39 PM

So 20th is it?
bitcoinnee

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:59:35 AM

I think this coin is a fraud.

yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:03:41 AM

I think you are a cat.
fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:58:23 AM

I think you are a cat.

lol...I know for a fact it isn't a fraud because I am currently working behind the scenes to make sure it isn't.  Crypto is only as valuable as what people bring to it. 

If people want to do something beneficial for the coin it will gain even more traction, which means more funding, more adoption and more $$ for all involved.  If people run around being all negative and trying to bring nothing to the table...then they will receive nothing in return.

Silly cat. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: