Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:02:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RPCD] Rand Paul Coin (Deflationary)  (Read 49478 times)
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:59:12 PM

For those who don't know what DPOS and BitAssets are just look at BitSharesX

Specifically look at its 180 day chart on coinmarketcap... http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#charts

BitSharesX used to be the BitAsset focused, no inflation blockchain. In early Oct they started talking about becoming inflationary and now the new BitShares is inflationary & they are also a 'SuperDAC' that will offer a lot of different things. You can see they lost a lot of value in BTC terms from early Oct and if you draw a trend line from any point before then, you'll see BitShares has potentially lost $100 million+ by adding inflation.

So there is a market for what BitShares used to be - a sturdy, robust, no inflation DPOS blockchain with BitAssets like BitGold & BitSilver. (BitAssets let you store the value of Gold & Silver on a blockchain!)

BitShares are launching amazing marketing in December and they have Daniel Larimer who's a development God and the inventor of DPOS and BitAssets. So they'll likely recover and potentially wipe the floor with all comers including Bitcoin.

I also don't think a coin by an anonymous developer experimenting with DPOS will compete with BitShares. If it does add BitAssets, they will also not be very liquid even if they just focus on Silver, Gold & USD but I do think there is some value out there for Rand Paul Coin right now, no.2 DPOS is up for grabs, if this dev can deliver a functioning DPOS blockchain. I recommend you pick up a few RPC if you haven't yet. Very interested in this.

CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

Cryptsy enabled withdrawals, so I sent to my newly downloaded Ron Paul Wallet. Now it seems unable to sync. Any ideas?

Also would be great with an official response from the Dev across all channels, that yes indeed, the snapshot is 20th November as originally intended.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:12:20 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 07:25:05 PM by FandangledGizmo

Cryptsy enabled withdrawals, so I sent to my newly downloaded Ron Paul Wallet. Now it seems unable to sync. Any ideas?

Also would be great with an official response from the Dev across all channels, that yes indeed, the snapshot is 20th November as originally intended.

This is from page one of the RPC thread. Also, my wallet has been working fine but after a few minutes it loses sync. However I'm still able to complete transactions so it's no big deal. Here ya go:

91.121.143.174:9027
162.243.118.225:9027
54.201.183.106:9027
46.4.205.161:9027
67.210.249.29:9027
85.25.194.85:9027
148.100.32.54:9027
188.226.239.21:9027

Go to console and type:
addnode [one ip address from above] add

do this for all 8 ip addresses above and you will connect.

I needed to add a few from this list from DougB62 using the method above to start syncing myself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389070.msg9536596#msg9536596

Edit: Can the dev confirm if the snapshot still scheduled for the 20th?
randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:48:05 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 07:01:09 AM by randpaulcoin

Ok trying to cut down on radio silence from me.

Sooooooo happy Crypsty came through.<thumbs-up>

I wrote up a nice article in google docs but it Sad quit working. Doing snapshots isn't that hard with RPC. (Remote Procedure Call) The worst case is a rewrite of it all but there is nothing unmanageable that can not be done.

Final allotment = (Guaranteed no change)
50% RPC = snapshot 27th
20% BTC  = snapshot ?
10% DOGE = snapshot ?
10% PTS - Nov 5th snapshot.
10% AGS - Nov 5th snapshot.

I will be modifying the smaller and larger balance extremes. That can mean lowering or increasing or removing balances. No discussion on these thresholds. I would like to construct the restraints around blockchain size as much as sociological engineering. PTS & AGS & RPC will get full 1:1 snapshots proportional to themselves. DOGE and BTC will be modified in some manner.

The new snapshot for RPC will be Nov 27th.  The only market is Cryptsy and they came through but had the wallet turned off for near a week. So we will be giving 1 more week for snapshot and allotment.  I'm mainly using Cryptsy as an excuse as it is not likely to have this ironed out before the 27th so might as well let people trade pre-snapshots. Just make sure you have your coins in a wallet where you own the private key on the 27th. I'm having problems with memory  under Java which is how the snapshot software is implemented. Yet now I understand the underlying procedure to create a snapshot from a coin daemon so worst case it will be rewritten. My goal in life is to release this coin.  It will be done or I will die unexpectedly.

I've had problems pulling down the whole bitcoin blockchain with the reference client. Not sure what that is about but we are working around it.

Thank you to everyone supporting the coin and the Libertarian philosophy.  

I apologize for any delays but we're trying to deliver something with meaning and value. The genesis block creation is not very fun so once that is out of the way we will be golden.
fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:00:21 AM

Please like and share this video if you find it helpful.  When Rand Paul Coin is released, I will send a video out to show you how to claim your RPC-D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kqUDJWxkQ&feature=autoshare 

Snapshot for Ron Paul Coin is on 27 NOV 14, don't forget!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:21:05 PM

For those who don't know what DPOS and BitAssets are just look at BitSharesX

Specifically look at its 180 day chart on coinmarketcap... http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#charts

BitSharesX used to be the BitAsset focused, no inflation blockchain. In early Oct they started talking about becoming inflationary and now the new BitShares is inflationary & they are also a 'SuperDAC' that will offer a lot of different things. You can see they lost a lot of value in BTC terms from early Oct and if you draw a trend line from any point before then, you'll see BitShares has potentially lost $100 million+ by adding inflation.

So there is a market for what BitShares used to be - a sturdy, robust, no inflation DPOS blockchain with BitAssets like BitGold & BitSilver. (BitAssets let you store the value of Gold & Silver on a blockchain!)

BitShares are launching amazing marketing in December and they have Daniel Larimer who's a development God and the inventor of DPOS and BitAssets. So they'll likely recover and potentially wipe the floor with all comers including Bitcoin.

I also don't think a coin by an anonymous developer experimenting with DPOS will compete with BitShares. If it does add BitAssets, they will also not be very liquid even if they just focus on Silver, Gold & USD but I do think there is some value out there for Rand Paul Coin right now, no.2 DPOS is up for grabs, if this dev can deliver a functioning DPOS blockchain. I recommend you pick up a few RPC if you haven't yet. Very interested in this.

Holy Ron Paul this idea I like ... filling the void PTS just f'k up ?

RPC ... (Remote Procedure Call)

brilliant  Cool

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

Ok trying to cut down on radio silence from me.

Sooooooo happy Crypsty came through.<thumbs-up>

I wrote up a nice article in google docs but it Sad quit working. Doing snapshots isn't that hard with RPC. (Remote Procedure Call) The worst case is a rewrite of it all but there is nothing unmanageable that can not be done.

Final allotment = (Guaranteed no change)
50% RPC = snapshot 27th
20% BTC  = snapshot ?
10% DOGE = snapshot ?
10% PTS - Nov 5th snapshot.
10% AGS - Nov 5th snapshot.

I will be modifying the smaller and larger balance extremes. That can mean lowering or increasing or removing balances. No discussion on these thresholds. I would like to construct the restraints around blockchain size as much as sociological engineering. PTS & AGS & RPC will get full 1:1 snapshots proportional to themselves. DOGE and BTC will be modified in some manner.

The new snapshot for RPC will be Nov 27th.  The only market is Cryptsy and they came through but had the wallet turned off for near a week. So we will be giving 1 more week for snapshot and allotment.  I'm mainly using Cryptsy as an excuse as it is not likely to have this ironed out before the 27th so might as well let people trade pre-snapshots. Just make sure you have your coins in a wallet where you own the private key on the 27th. I'm having problems with memory  under Java which is how the snapshot software is implemented. Yet now I understand the underlying procedure to create a snapshot from a coin daemon so worst case it will be rewritten. My goal in life is to release this coin.  It will be done or I will die unexpectedly.

I've had problems pulling down the whole bitcoin blockchain with the reference client. Not sure what that is about but we are working around it.

Thank you to everyone supporting the coin and the Libertarian philosophy.  

I apologize for any delays but we're trying to deliver something with meaning and value. The genesis block creation is not very fun so once that is out of the way we will be golden.

What time specifically will the snapshot be? Are you doing it I3 PTS-style where you snapshot the last block mined on Nov 27th, using UTC as the time zone?

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
wetroof

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:02:38 PM

why don't you keep it simple. no sharedrop on btc or ltc. for it even to be worth someones time to redeem a btc or ltc key on the DPOS chain for rand paul coin, the market cap would have to be in the tens of millions.

also can we call them rand paul shares or paul shares? that is a better name to convey it's DPOS blockchain technology.

fuznutts

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:23:41 AM

why don't you keep it simple. no sharedrop on btc or ltc. for it even to be worth someones time to redeem a btc or ltc key on the DPOS chain for rand paul coin, the market cap would have to be in the tens of millions.

also can we call them rand paul shares or paul shares? that is a better name to convey it's DPOS blockchain technology.

Just to make it clear, there is no sharedrop on Litecoin.  The sharedrop targets are clearly stated above Wink

They are PTS 10%, AGS 10%, Doge 10%, BTC 20%, RPC 50%

As for the chain being worth millions to be worth it.  Imagine for a second the first non-inflationary coin that has 10-20 second transaction times, privately sending to names, high resistance to high frequency trading and complete resistance to naked short sales.  Imagine this can be scaled to be an enterprise class platform that can allow people to store the value of Gold, Silver, .22 Ammunition, 1g of High Quality Sativa...etc, with a portion of the transaction fees going to putting into office the first ever crypto-friendly, liberty-loving, son of a patriot-hero president ever. 

He wants to end the war on drugs, fight for our constitution and work to bring sanity back into politics.  Now imagine that the nodes that protect this network are run by 13 other patriots who are VOTED into power based on their alignment with libertarian philosophies. 

Yeh...this coin is going to be millions. Smiley

Looking forward to actually helping change the world with it. 
fuznutts

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:24:10 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 04:47:47 PM by fuznutts

Anyone interested Rand Paul Coin (RPCD), please join us for a discussion on Mumble @1:00pm (Central STD) for an hour-long discussion. Regarding this news:
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/rand-paul-nsa-libertarians-113042.html?hp=t4_r

This directly effects RPCD and DPOS is the only algorithm that requires people as active, informed citizens. I'm interested in hearing opinions on this story and getting them put to audio for our Beyond Bitcoin Town-Hall Styled Hangouts. As Technology evolves...so must our avenues of communication and education.

Please join me on the Beyond Bitcoin Mumble Server:
Label: BeyondBitcoin
Address: beyondbitcoin.commandchannel.com
Port: 2077
Username: "Your Forum Handle Here"
Pass: w0rldCh@NG3rsUN!t3
fuznutts

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:34:45 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 05:34:55 PM by fuznutts

Please help me maximize participation by following @beyond_bitcoin and retweeting my tweet here: https://twitter.com/Beyond_Bitcoin/status/535470139215724544

Follow, retweet and share for a free Ron Paul Coin!
fuznutts

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:27:41 PM

first 50 who actively participate will receive a free Ron Paul Coin!
CLains

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

6 days to go ..  Grin
Bigsky

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

Great effort getting the CryptoCoinsNews publicity.

As a reasonably fair RPC holder, if everything works out as
planned and I get the Rand Paul coin I think I will, I would like to
pledge a donation of a minimum of 1000 (probably more)
randpaulcoins to his cause or other libertarian causes.

I hope other RPC holders might consider doing the same

cheers grant

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:47:06 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 01:14:09 AM by FandangledGizmo

At RandPaulCoin dev, BTSTV is a large BitShares holder, so please be aware they could have a conflict of interest. I also hold BitShares but I will try give you my best advice for your venture though as I give BitShares the best advice I can for theirs.

IMO

- Your strategy of calling it a coin is 100% correct! You have no inflation so you are a real crypto-currency so you can be called a coin. (BitShares has adopted a company metaphor and lost a lot of value by being 'shares' & diluting themselves, though it will work for them in the long run.)

- Also don't apply the rune merger strategy. It's a Bitcoin takeover attempt some have pushed at BitShares, a) it wouldn't work and b) it would make whoever tried it extremely unpopular in crypto.

- You need the price feeds because otherwise it doesn't work. (There will be a lot of RandPaulCoin Bulls, willing to short but lower demand for the assets. This results in a peg that doesn't work. BitShares' first crash after they got to a $100 million made them learn this lesson the hard way. Even now BitAssets are able to offer interest, why? Because there is so much competition to short. Without the feeds this would instead translate to your assets being too far below the peg.)

- Also definitely don't lower the collateral requirement, if anything you can increase it a bit.

BitShares has BitAssets backed by unlimited inflationary digital tokens and you will have RandAssets backed by a completely limited no inflation coin perhaps with a bit more collateral to boot.

Well done on the Cryptocoins news article

Also you may want to post the message about your snapshot on the Chinese BitShares forums, even if you just use google translate. They are the big drivers of BitShares volume and will possibly be fans of a no inflation DPOS whatever the name. As you are sharedropping on PTS & AGS I think this should be fine.
Kwipto

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:51:28 AM

Here's the CryptoCoinNews article for those like myself who missed it:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/randpaulcoin-fund-2016-presidential-campaign/  Cool
wetroof

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:22:11 PM

I think this coin is a fraud.

I think you are a cat.
mutilated cow  Angry
CLains

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

Here's the CryptoCoinNews article for those like myself who missed it:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/randpaulcoin-fund-2016-presidential-campaign/  Cool

Great Smiley
randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:57:00 AM

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

There is discussion over at pts.cubeconnex.com if anyone is interesting about the project that has picked up the torch for Protoshares.

I am seriously considering renaming the coin to Paul Coin Deflationary. Although this sounds Biblical.

I'm still not entirely sure about Randall. It would be nice to have the coin have a reason to be around if his Presidential candidacy fails.

Rond Paul Coin or is that stupid?
biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:34:22 PM

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

There is discussion over at pts.cubeconnex.com if anyone is interesting about the project that has picked up the torch for Protoshares.

I am seriously considering renaming the coin to Paul Coin Deflationary. Although this sounds Biblical.

I'm still not entirely sure about Randall. It would be nice to have the coin have a reason to be around if his Presidential candidacy fails.

Rond Paul Coin or is that stupid?

You say less than 24 hours... What time exactly are you planning?

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: