Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RPCD] Rand Paul Coin (Deflationary)  (Read 49478 times)
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:42:17 PM

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

There is discussion over at pts.cubeconnex.com if anyone is interesting about the project that has picked up the torch for Protoshares.

I am seriously considering renaming the coin to Paul Coin Deflationary. Although this sounds Biblical.

I'm still not entirely sure about Randall. It would be nice to have the coin have a reason to be around if his Presidential candidacy fails.

Rond Paul Coin or is that stupid?

I would just stick with Rand Paul Coin. That makes it current, and if the candidacy succeeds or even has a good run, RPCD could be huge.

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:51:24 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 05:28:59 PM by FandangledGizmo

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

There is discussion over at pts.cubeconnex.com if anyone is interesting about the project that has picked up the torch for Protoshares.

I am seriously considering renaming the coin to Paul Coin Deflationary. Although this sounds Biblical.

I'm still not entirely sure about Randall. It would be nice to have the coin have a reason to be around if his Presidential candidacy fails.

If you can't go for Ron Paul Coin too, I would go for 'Ron Paul Money' - RPM is a good abbreviation too. Or Ron Paul Sound Money. (Deflationary isn't very catchy and also doesn't tell you it has 'no inflation')

If you will be capable of adding assets to your version. Rand Paul Coin could be the first Asset based on the same snapshot. You could allocate 5% of the Rand Paul Coin be set aside and released slowly to help fund the presidential campaign.

He has so many great quotes about real money, thats supply rules can't be changed by humans, he is perfect to represent a coin/money with no inflation imo.

Great for your BitAssets too - Save in 'RonPaulGold' & 'RonPaulSilver' backed by Ron Paul Sound Money.

melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:57:23 PM

The dev of this coin once said that his wife was complaining that he is spending too much time with the coin business than her, how come is he coming out with this again?
OliverCR

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

We will have 13 delegates to maintain a profitability level for all the block-signers.   1 initial delegate for each of the original colonies which broke away from the British Empire over ridiculous policies of taxation.  

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/444340/resized_business-cat-meme-generator-and-for-that-reason-i-m-outta-here-68e594.jpg

No PoW = no fair distribution! Tongue
btstv

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 11:57:35 PM by btstv

This coin is POW

Only thing different is that the "miner" is called a "delegate" because they compete to be the best and the coin holders vote on who they want to be the best miners.

This whole community was founded on POW, and miners will continue to get paid

Ron Paul coin was founded as a POW coin.

BitShares was founded as a POW coin (Protoshares)

Bitcoin, well you should get it by now..

See...That is the exact reason why you need to call this "money"

because nobody gets it yet..

but when they do........
randpaulcoin (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

We will have 13 delegates to maintain a profitability level for all the block-signers.   1 initial delegate for each of the original colonies which broke away from the British Empire over ridiculous policies of taxation.  

No PoW = no fair distribution! Tongue

POW is fair because it is only distributed to those wishing to invest money in single usecase electronics and burn through fossil fuels in the hope of some sort of free money ? All distributions going into RPCD will have been mined originally, so there are no coins that were arbitrarily determined, except by the % of their respective sharedrop.  So one could argue it is ALL PoW.

The 13 delegates is up in the air. We might double it and recommend people run 2 keys in a miner for starters. There is discussion now about whether delegate # can be changed without a hardfork. If it requires a hardfork the delegate # itself may be increased to something like... 23? 
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:29:17 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 08:07:56 PM by randpaulcoin

The dev of this coin once said that his wife was complaining that he is spending too much time with the coin business than her, how come is he coming out with this again?

This is very amusing. I am neither married or divorced. This is not the same dev as Ron Paul Coin. I have been a bit busy lately but this is one of 2 things at top of the list.

This coin will use DPOS and based on BitShares. It is completely different than most coins you use which are Bitcoin forks instead.

People get your wallets ready !
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

You say less than 24 hours... What time exactly are you planning?

Early hours of UTC I'll grab a block time.  No promises though as it may be done on anytime on the 27th.
btstv

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:37:19 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 12:01:58 AM by btstv

Ron Paul Gold and Ron Paul Silver backed by Ron Paul Money is a fantastic economics and crypto lesson for the uninitiated that makes you learn!"

Where "Rand Paul Coin" does not really tell you what you can do with the power of DPOS that you are unlocking.  Using DPOS as a simple alt-coin (bitcoin copy) is very limited and overdone.  And when someone asks you what are Rand Paul Assets, then they don't have quite the same emotional impact as:

BitGold, BitSilver (backed by BitShares), or Ron Paul Gold or Ron Paul Silver (backed by Ron Paul Money).  If you want to compete with the big dogs: Bitcoin, BitShares, Ripple, etc, you need a big concept.  Rand Paul Coin or Ron Paul Money?

Rand Paul Coin sounds like just another altcoin to compete with bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin, etc.

Ron Paul Money sounds like the revolutionary new Bitcoin 2.0 concept that this DPOS coin is capable of:  smart contracts, interest bearing bitassets backed by Ron Paul Money, milti-signature security, escrow options, etc.

I'm loving this Ron Paul Money idea, and like the guy said, you can issue Rand Paul Coin as a BitAsset EXCLUSIVELY on Ron Paul Money blockchain.

THAT IS A FEATURE THAT BITSHARES WOULD NOT HAVE, and an exclusive reason to purchase Ron Paul Money over BitShares (because you want to support Rand Paul's presidential bid).  The media will have to look at and explain "Ron Paul Money" whenever mentioning "Rand Paul Coin."  This double coverage will cement the "Ron Paul Money" brand

You would not look like a copy cat coin at all because you can always say that Rand Paul Coin was your number one plan, but you wanted to do it on a deflationary DPOS (that was a better real sound money model than fiat, bitcoin, and even bitshares) that would have made father Ron Paul proud!

These are all economic concepts, that when people understand, will say "gee I think I understand money a little better, or I get the crypto concept a little better."  AND THEN THEY WILL BUY THE COIN THAT TAUGHT THEM THAT LESSON!

You now have a unique altcoin on a unique DPOS (that is showcasing and TEACHING the world about the power of this new bitcoin 2.0!!!)

This is a great teaching mechanism that bitcoiners can relate to, and that Ron Paul supporters can understand, and that Dan Larimer knows is a fantastic angle:

if we can win over the 10% of the 3% that voted for Ron Paul we will have a huge user base.  

Yeah, I think that making Ron Paul Money the central collateral asset (you will need a good general name to compete with the "BitShare"),  Call them "Pauls" that you will use as collateral to buy or issue Rand Paul Coins, Ron Paul Gold, or Ron Paul Silver.

You need a good one syllable prefix to compete with "bit"

as in bitshares, bitgold, bitusd, etc.

so RonPaulGold, RonPaulUSD, RonPaulAssets

So you take it to the next level with RonPaulAssets backed by Ron Paul Money as you compete with BitAssets backed by bitshares.

You might have a better teaching angle because your RonPaulAssets are backed by a "money" and not a "bitSomething" which people are having a difficult time intuitively understanding that bitshares are the value that acts as collateral.  You would be more effective teaching newbies that "money" backs your RonPaulAssets rather than "BitShares" backing the assets:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11569.0

See, people still don't get bitshares because it is "backed by bits" (and not something that grandma can comprehend as "value" like "money" or "gold")

Now if your RonPaulAssets are backed by "money"  (Ron Paul Money), then they just might understand it, and buy into the future of money.

Using "money" as the article that "backs" your bitassets is an absolute must if you want anybody to understand this rocket science.

BitShares took the "we are the best crypto comming from a BitCoin familiarity" standpoint.

You must come from the best other logical direction:

"we are the best crypto coming from a "money familiarity" standpoint.

Otherwise you will confuse people and look like you are either copying bitcoin or bitshares.

In Crypto, what major "brands are taken"

"bit" - is played out - bitcoin, bitshares, bitassets, bitusd - that one was picked first

"coin" - Bitcoin, litecoin, thiscoin, thatcoin, shit that is why Rand Paul Coin needs to be relegated to the "bitasset" category and can't be your main theme

"shares" is now taken, bitshares took that name, and it is a good one because it explains a concept to people.

We need a word that explains a concept to people, and I suggest we use the word "money"

No coin has had the ballz thus far to be "moneycoin" or "bitmoney"

Here is our chance to use a first round draft pick in the great crypto draft (you got an early pick, so you might as well take the best word)

MONEY

What kind of money?

BitMoney..maybe (encompasses bitcoin concepts)
Ron Paul Money loving it (encompasses austrian economics and libertarian politics)

everything else is less encompassing

cyber money
cloud money
libertarian money

I think that if you try this you will see that all roads lead to Ron Paul Money.
biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

The 13 delegates is up in the air. We might double it and recommend people run 2 keys in a miner for starters. There is discussion now about whether delegate # can be changed without a hardfork. If it requires a hardfork the delegate # itself may be increased to something like... 23? 

I'm intrigued by the possibility of fewer delegates, but keep in mind that fewer delegates means fewer bitAsset price feeds, which means the median feed price will be easier to manipulate.

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:43:55 PM

The snapshot is approaching. PLEASE remove your coins off Cryptsy ASAP.  We are less than 24 hours away.

Please keep the suggestions flowing.  I have been unfortunately busy with previous commitments.

If you can't go for Ron Paul Coin too, I would go for 'Ron Paul Money' - RPM is a good abbreviation too. Or Ron Paul Sound Money. (Deflationary isn't very catchy and also doesn't tell you it has 'no inflation')

If you will be capable of adding assets to your version. Rand Paul Coin could be the first Asset based on the same snapshot. You could allocate 5% of the Rand Paul Coin be set aside and released slowly to help fund the presidential campaign.

He has so many great quotes about real money, thats supply rules can't be changed by humans, he is perfect to represent a coin/money with no inflation imo.

Great for your BitAssets too - Save in 'RonPaulGold' & 'RonPaulSilver' backed by Ron Paul Sound Money.

I like all these ideas. Perhaps longterm branding to Ron Paul Money is better. Coin is old. Deflationary might be good for grabbing eyes on bitcointalk. That may not be the same if the coin wants to have a legitimate attempt at longterm growth.

Rand Paul Coin Deflationary vs
Ron Paul Money.

There is always the thought of rebranding the coin in the future.  That seems likely to kill it and never work though.

I really like your ideas. What do prediction markets have for Rand? 
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

I'm intrigued by the possibility of fewer delegates, but keep in mind that fewer delegates means fewer bitAsset price feeds, which means the median feed price will be easier to manipulate.

It is agreed but there is also the problem of not having dedicated block-signers. With a community that starts out small it is hard to identify unique actors. We will likely start out the official chain with roughly what the testnet starts out with.

It seems likely to me I will go over to bitsharestalk.org and court people who wish to run delegates. I will likely keep this thread here as main support thread instead of another forum.

If there are 25 delegates and 8 are up for grabs because no one is pursuing the role, then what?  One person could snatch up those 8 delegates and move their price feed to the ceiling or floor. That would likely affect the median price substantially. The alternative is to have people run multiple delegates which isn't particularly bad.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:09:11 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 07:27:50 PM by FandangledGizmo

I like all these ideas. Perhaps longterm branding to Ron Paul Money is better. Coin is old. Deflationary might be good for grabbing eyes on bitcointalk. That may not be the same if the coin wants to have a legitimate attempt at longterm growth.

Rand Paul Coin Deflationary vs
Ron Paul Money.

There is always the thought of rebranding the coin in the future.  That seems likely to kill it and never work though.

I really like your ideas. What do prediction markets have for Rand?  

Thanks. I don't understand the Rand prediction market question? If it refers to  the Rand Paul Coin as an asset suggestion. I'm suggesting making it a separate user issued asset (Like NEM is on NXT)  vs. a BitAsset which are prediction markets. (If you're planning on adding normal assets.)

I'm also in favour of more delegates from a marketing POV. 13 seems too centralised. Even if there are people doubling up in the beginning until it's more profitable, starting with a higher number would be better imo.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

It is agreed but there is also the problem of not having dedicated block-signers. With a community that starts out small it is hard to identify unique actors. We will likely start out the official chain with roughly what the testnet starts out with.

It seems likely to me I will go over to bitsharestalk.org and court people who wish to run delegates. I will likely keep this thread here as main support thread instead of another forum.

If there are 25 delegates and 8 are up for grabs because no one is pursuing the role, then what?  One person could snatch up those 8 delegates and move their price feed to the ceiling or floor. That would likely affect the median price substantially. The alternative is to have people run multiple delegates which isn't particularly bad.

I like the idea of more delegates/miners - how are they determined? Is it by the largest holders or people willing to dedicate some resources?

biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

I like the idea of more delegates/miners - how are they determined? Is it by the largest holders or people willing to dedicate some resources?

In DPOS, the delegates (read: block producers) are voted on by coin holders. You can go in and register your account as a delegate account, and then you campaign for votes, and whichever 13 delegates have the most votes are assigned to process transactions and produce blocks for the blockchain. For compensation, the delegates are paid some fraction of the transaction fees collected by the network. More info here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

Thanks. I don't understand the Rand prediction market question? If it refers to  the Rand Paul Coin as an asset suggestion. I'm suggesting making it a separate user issued asset (Like NEM is on NXT)  vs. a BitAsset which are prediction markets. (If you're planning on adding normal assets.)

I'm also in favour of more delegates from a marketing POV. 13 seems too centralised. Even if there are people doubling up in the beginning until it's more profitable, starting with a higher number would be better imo.

As far as naming goes Rand Paul coin is hindered by Rand not making it that far. If we knew he would make it to Presidency I would readily stay with original RPCD. So look to prediction markets to help with the answer.

I agree about 13 being too few. We will provide instructions on running multiple keys per delegate instance.  It will add a little complexity to delegates, but trusted known people can run multiple delegates then be voted out partially as real candidates are established. Ideally I will run a slate or someone else whom can be determined trustworthy. We will be drawing from 2 communities. Those from bitcointalk and then the bitshares people who are interested.

One thing that is difficult is establishing a true community inside a thread. I might have to look for a forum somewhere.

Bitshares has some interesting ideas for onramp and offramp capabilities which we will be able to leverage. After I get this snapshot stuff done things should move along quite nicely as we are doing minimal changes to Bitshares codebase for now.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:46:51 PM

As far as naming goes Rand Paul coin is hindered by Rand not making it that far. If we knew he would make it to Presidency I would readily stay with original RPCD. So look to prediction markets to help with the answer.

I agree about 13 being too few. We will provide instructions on running multiple keys per delegate instance.  It will add a little complexity to delegates, but trusted known people can run multiple delegates then be voted out partially as real candidates are established. Ideally I will run a slate or someone else whom can be determined trustworthy. We will be drawing from 2 communities. Those from bitcointalk and then the bitshares people who are interested.

One thing that is difficult is establishing a true community inside a thread. I might have to look for a forum somewhere.

Bitshares has some interesting ideas for onramp and offramp capabilities which we will be able to leverage. After I get this snapshot stuff done things should move along quite nicely as we are doing minimal changes to Bitshares codebase for now.

Great. Yeah a forum/forum subsection would be great.

I think once the DPOS chain is up there'll be much more interest from some of the BitShares guys.

Good luck with snapshot stuff etc.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:45:36 AM

RPC snapshot block will be 198132.  I hope everyone who wanted to partake got their wallet straight.

I will announce other block #s shortly.
randpaulcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Bitcoin block snapshot will be block 331760.
Doge block snapshot will be 475974

Final allocation will be 50% RPC, 10% Nov 5th snapshot to both PTS and AGS (20% total).  20% to BTC. 10% to DOGE.

It is under consideration making the snapshot code look for people who donate to a lot of addresses for Doge. There will be the ability to gift coins to DOGE addresses. So by sharedropping to addresses that have demonstrated giving behaviors we help seed the seeders.

The downside is this allows me to have created accounts that are found to fall within this sub-group and thus grow my stake. So it calls into question the initial distribution. I wish I knew a technical solution. Any attempt at trying to get around a normal distribution creates problems of trust. I really want it to be as free-market driven as possible yet there is a lot of innovation we can do with sharedrops.
Kwipto

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:15:39 AM

RPC snapshot block will be 198132.  I hope everyone who wanted to partake got their wallet straight.

I will announce other block #s shortly.

Wallet currently shows we're on block 198162. So the RPC snapshot happened already?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: