Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrested for feeding homeless people  (Read 8282 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 11:26:52 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 05:01:46 PM by NewLiberty

I personally don't put much emphasis on the distinction between use of force by the feds vs. use of force by the states or local governments. It seems to me either we are free or we are not. The manner by which we are not free (feds vs. local authority) is not very critical.

It is a pretty important distinction.  You might consider rethinking your approach.  Government is a social cost, anything that needs governing costs therefore...
Start with the maxim: "That governs best which governs least"

I'm not saying it's ultimately not a distinction worth making, I'm just saying that when your freedom is being infringed, it matters less who is doing it than the fact that it is happening. I guess I'm taking issue with the reasoning that because a local government is restricting my freedom, I should be more OK with it than if it was the federal government. That doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. I accept the idea that states should be allowed to set their own laws. That doesn't make states restricting my freedom more palatable.

Under the maxim you quoted, every regulation would make the government less good, so it would stand to reason that the best governments allow the most freedom through the least number of regulations. So when a regulation is passed about who you can give sandwiches to, it stands to reason that it's a pretty unnecessary restriction of freedom. (At least judged solely by this maxim. I would tend to agree, just for different reasons.)

This is good, you made it a good part of the way.  My statement was not enough to take it further so here's a sign post for the next step:
Which is the better governance, is there a difference, and why?
1) The father that requires his child to be home by midnight on weekends.
2) A similar city curfew.
3) A national curfew.
4) A global curfew.

All laws must require enforcement in order to be law. Enforceability is primarily a matter of geography, and of what authority holds the uncontested right of force within that geography.
So please consider whether the calculus of "# of regulations" is therefore an insufficient gauge for measuring government freedom restrictions, and consider also the number of square meters/kilometers those regulations cover in their scope.

The only reason I remarked on the number of regulations was because you brought it up. I was, in effect, using your own example without subscribing to the belief myself. It's a snappy maxim, for sure, but number of regulations is somewhat immaterial to me. Rather, the quality of the regulations is my concern. More freedom and fewer regulations can be correlated, but are not necessarily the same. (As a rather silly example, a law that it is illegal to kill someone with a firearm and a separate law that is illegal to kill someone with a vehicle does not make us less free. While it would be easier to have one law that simply makes killing illegal, having a higher number of regulations that effect the same result would not make us less free, which is why the quality of the regulations matter more than the quantity. I'm concerned with laws that limit freedom.)

As for the examples of curfews, I don't consider familial restrictions by a parent-child relationship a valid analogy, and I view all three curfews imposed by the different levels of government as invalid and unnecessary. The base issue with curfews is the same as with any other issue: does freedom of association give you the right to use force to curtail the freedom of other people? My answer to that is no; that your inalienable rights to life, liberty, and property justly derived remain inalienable by all others. Inalienability doesn't end at majority vote. That's what makes it inalienable.

Maybe it was a simple misunderstanding.  I saw # of regulations as your addition not mine.
"That government is best which governs least" is from Henry David Thoreau.
It advocates for the smallest government practical.
It doesn't really equate to the quantity of regulations.  It is also scope.  Small government.

A "least" government can be considered as most local to the issue governed.  The absolute most direct would be self government.

Whether your view of a curfew being valid or necessary, is somewhat less material than whether it is enforced (or even enforceable).
Whether a right is inalienable has a lot to do with what is doing the alienation.

We likely agree on general principles anyhow.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clubsofsteel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:28:22 PM

i cant believe this shit acually happens!! this is so wrong in every way

FinTech.sx

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

At one point in time I would have found this type of behavior surprising, however the more and more we see of this coming out of the United States, the more I am thinking that we're approaching the end of the US as a superpower. How can a nation that is one of the richest in the world yet have so many homeless people, and then criminalize feeding them is shocking.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:05:28 PM

i cant believe this shit acually happens!! this is so wrong in every way

IKR?  Why can't this guy feed the homeless like everyone else, in compliance with local food safety regulations?

How massive his sense of entitlement must be to impose this shit on a public park.

He should use his own backyard, or better yet a church/soup kitchen/food bank/shelter, instead of forcing others to subsidize his altruism.

The most shocking thing of all is how many people idiots believe that since his heart is in the right place, he can do no wrong and any restrictions on time/place/manner are an outrage.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

Cops are always harassing someone, someway.
A 90 year old man and you want to detain him for feeding homeless people? Go arrest a crackhead or drug dealers...scared muling quims.

You keep repeating the lie about him being detained for "feeding homeless people."

But repeating that lie will not make it any more true than repeating "Hands up - don't shoot" will persuade a grand jury.

The man was detained for disobeying food safety regulations.

He could have fed the homeless in compliance with those regulations and not been detained.

But that fact is inconvenient to your sophomoric Marxist fuck-the-police free-shit-for-everybody narrative, so you carefully ignore it.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:10:16 AM

Cops are the topic I see on every other thread in this section. I think that says something itself.

The only question here is, cops do their job, so what is wrong with what they did? I can't believe law is overtaking people's common sense nowadays/

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
lontivero

Activity: 164
Merit: 126

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

Cops are the topic I see on every other thread in this section. I think that says something itself.

The only question here is, cops do their job, so what is wrong with what they did? I can't believe law is overtaking people's common sense nowadays/

I cannot believe an state has a law that forbid a person to help others. 
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:24:00 PM

I also.
It seems that in USA is completely different mentality and culture than in Europe.
In Europe we have public kitchen for homeless and many civil organizations helping them (including individuals).
I'm happy that I live in Europe.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 06:07:30 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 07:10:13 PM by NewLiberty

I also.
It seems that in USA is completely different mentality and culture than in Europe.
In Europe we have public kitchen for homeless and many civil organizations helping them (including individuals).

It is probably good for your psychology to think you are better, so please feel welcome to continue that.
However if you think that the USA does not have public kitchens for homeless and many civil organizations for helping them, you are ignorant.  There are many.

I am also happy that you live in Europe.
There are some very nice European places, like everywhere else.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
lontivero

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:44:18 PM

I also.

All countries have public kitchens in this days, not only european countries, and given we don't find a better solution, it is the best that people can do.  That is the reason why I think nobody should go jail for helping others, because that is against our values and it is also against the american values and christian values. By sure it is against the universal human beings values.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:46:55 PM

american's are basically a christian society

well i say to you america

Help the Needy

"But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (NAS, Matthew 25:31-46)

I imagine based on the teachings of Jesus you are going to burn in hell

I am not affiliated with any "ism's" or religions but continue to be astounded at the hypocrisy of the nations that are religion based

Grin
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

What a wonderful god you believe in!  One that will torture people for eternity just for using their intelligence to learn what the world really is.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

What a wonderful god you believe in!  One that will torture people for eternity just for using their intelligence to learn what the world really is.

I am not affiliated with any "ism's" or religions but continue to be astounded at the hypocrisy of the nations that are religion based

just quoting their own text back to the Christians

Grin
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:56:30 PM

a true religion or any ism should be based on logical philosophical discussion

I find it hard to believe in a religion let alone a specific religion where one guy says lets cut the top of his dick off and people think this is ok

e.g. Logic if i cut myself i endanger my health with blood borne pathogens, in a time where a simple cut could be life or death they decide to cut the top of your dick off, no logic

Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 10:09:15 PM

There is no such law.  The OP is a lie.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
lontivero

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:32:40 PM

I find it hard to believe in a religion let alone a specific religion where one guy says lets cut the top of his dick off and people think this is ok

e.g. Logic if i cut myself i endanger my health with blood borne pathogens, in a time where a simple cut could be life or death they decide to cut the top of your dick off, no logic

LoL this is really awesome! One cannot say that something is against christian values because the atheists start trolling. But ok, let use the logic then, what do your logic says you? Is it ok to catch the old man?
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:49:06 PM

What a wonderful god you believe in!  One that will torture people for eternity just for using their intelligence to learn what the world really is.

LoL this is really awesome! One cannot say that something is against christian values because the atheists start trolling. But ok, let use the logic then, what do your logic says you? Is it ok to catch the old man?

I am not an athiest if you are referring to me.

Is it ok to catch the old man?

elaborate

Grin
Grg

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

Homo Sapiens - To retarded for their own best.

Im ashamed to be a human when contemplating about how we handle our species, our fellow species on earth, and earth itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gHuAwxwAs
(Edit; Start at 3 min blank.)

Tho, I rather enjoy observing our way of living.  Roll Eyes

-Grg
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Homo Sapiens - To retarded for their own best.

Im ashamed to be a human when contemplating about how we handle our species, our fellow species on earth, and earth itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gHuAwxwAs
(Edit; Start at 3 min blank.)

Tho, I rather enjoy observing our way of living.  Roll Eyes

-Grg

I agree

logic dictates that we are are at the mercy of a minority that is looking after their own interests, they have the control.

is it you or I or the masses who is going to rise to power and change the way it works, no.

The ones that want power obtain power and in most cases for their own interest.

Not for a second should anyone trust the person next to them as their own interest will always come first.

Yes there are people doing good in the world but they usually do not want power.

Whatever social changes occur do so due to the benefit to the economy that drives the interest of the money lenders.

Do you think a motor car (one of the biggest money spinners in the economy) is always affordable even on low income for the benefit of the masses, no it is affordable to ensure that you get to work and contribute to the economy and continue to buy fuel.

Why is it a house for most people takes 30 years to pay off and has never decreased in affordability, it is to ensure that the interest is paid for as long as possible.

Other things keep getting cheaper but not the essentials (house, medical etc) to ensure the most profit to those that benefit.

Grin
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:29:37 PM

power burns the shield of the soul, love repairs it. the more you hate the less you love and vice versa. I don't want to handle any living, but let it live in love, as such they will be in peace, in peace they can find harmony, in harmony knowledge and love are possible and so stop being obsessed by power to burns the shield of soul, but chose instead of building bridges toward first one another and restore the peace between Eve and Adam and flush some misconception... or rinse and repeat until exhausted. Roll Eyes. btw it was a nice rant mymenace but the only essential is love Smiley.

money is faster...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: