Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:45:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 42 TH/s / 6 Months Bitmine.ch Cloud mining contract  (Read 3088 times)
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:44:59 AM

Note: this also assumes that there is a zero chance the cloud mining provider is a scam (I am sure that some are) - although I would say their prices are certainly a scam as there is essentially zero chance that anyone paying their asking prices will ever ROI on their contract.

I think it also highlights the competitive advantage that PB mining has as you are prepaying for electric costs in BTC instead of paying electric/maintenance out of mining revenue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:21:26 AM

I think it's Bitmine.ch hosting - they charge over $2k for 12 month 1TH/s hosting.

http://bitmine.ch/product/cloud-mining-hosting-plans-bitcoin/
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:33:37 AM

I think it's Bitmine.ch hosting - they charge over $2k for 12 month 1TH/s hosting.

http://bitmine.ch/product/cloud-mining-hosting-plans-bitcoin/
This is their price they are selling their cloud mining contracts, which are at scam levels. I have not calculated just what would need to happen to potentially break even on their contracts, however I do know that it would involve the difficulty declining substantially over the term of the contract
australwind

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:32:01 AM

20 BTC
bidoh

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:25:48 PM

hahahaha. good luck making 20BTC back
RobertDJ

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:05:51 PM

20 BTC
I would say this is almost certainly a shill, no one in their right mind would ever bid that much for 42 TH/s worth of mining for only 5 months
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

20 BTC
I would say this is almost certainly a shill, no one in their right mind would ever bid that much for 42 TH/s worth of mining for only 5 months

Funny you say that, if you take a look in erskpeter's other auction thread... the same newbie account made an offer 4x higher than all the current winning bids.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
RobertDJ

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

20 BTC

Funny you say that, if you take a look in erskpeter's other auction thread... the same newbie account made an offer 4x higher than all the current winning bids.
That kind of activity probably works on eBay as people on eBay tend to be less educated about how much it costs to run these machines and how much these machines can expect to earn, but I don't think it will work here
erskPeter (OP)

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

20 BTC

That kind of activity probably works on eBay as people on eBay tend to be less educated about how much it costs to run these machines and how much these machines can expect to earn, but I don't think it will work here

I'm not even sure i will accept the offer, as i stated an higher target price. The contract will return obviously more than 20 BTC. I understand you guys want a deal, but there is no such a thing as a free lunch.
RobertDJ

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:37:53 PM

20 BTC

I'm not even sure i will accept the offer, as i stated an higher target price. The contract will return obviously more than 20 BTC. I understand you guys want a deal, but there is no such a thing as a free lunch.
What assumption do you make when you say that the contract will return more then 20 BTC? The difficulty would need to decrease substantially in order for this to be a possibility, however the diffciulty has never decreased more then two times in a row in the history of bitcoin. What you are saying is the next 5 months will be extraordinary for bitcoin mining
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:09:51 AM

20 BTC

How the hell do you figure, use your own damn estimates from earlier in the thread and you may end up negative at the end of the term.. Sure it's all speculation but I am at least using the numbers you suggested earlier in the thread... Normally I wouldn't be an ass like this but you are such an embarrassment to yourself..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
erskPeter (OP)

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:48:16 AM

20 BTC

How the hell do you figure, use your own damn estimates from earlier in the thread and you may end up negative at the end of the term.. Sure it's all speculation but I am at least using the numbers you suggested earlier in the thread... Normally I wouldn't be an ass like this but you are such an embarrassment to yourself..

Here you are the only reason to be embarassed, also, change your nickname, you don't deserve it  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: