Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: need 1.5btc. multiple small loans OK! 20% interest - FUNDED!  (Read 14985 times)
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:03:52 PM

How much more time would you need...more interested in hard end date than getting any additional fees...

two more weeks? heck, one more even.

Not a problem.  End date of February 15, 2015 then...all other provisions remain the same--save for one more addition...Positive Trust will be left by both lender and borrower upon loan repayment and successful transaction completion.  Trust is of utmost important.

trust was a given. not a problem. address is 1F4j4Lha8BjL4wxwFVbGaQwMJ4Kd1brfXb

It looks like the loan was given to gain trust. I should add that asking for trust like this is equivalent to buying trust, and grounds for being given negative trust.

i'll admit i found it odd too. but beyond that, i'm staying out of the whole "buying trust" thing.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:08:02 PM

How much more time would you need...more interested in hard end date than getting any additional fees...

Not a problem.  End date of February 15, 2015 then...all other provisions remain the same--save for one more addition...Positive Trust will be left by both lender and borrower upon loan repayment and successful transaction completion.  Trust is of utmost important.

trust was a given. not a problem. address is 1F4j4Lha8BjL4wxwFVbGaQwMJ4Kd1brfXb

It looks like the loan was given to gain trust. I should add that asking for trust like this is equivalent to buying trust, and grounds for being given negative trust.

i'll admit i found it odd too. but beyond that, i'm staying out of the whole "buying trust" thing.

Putting positive trust as a condition for the loan is buying trust. You are on the default trust list which makes buying your trust lucrative. Be careful when giving it out.

Good luck with your car, hope everything goes back on track quickly.
ducatitalia

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:13:24 PM

Not a problem.  End date of February 15, 2015 then...all other provisions remain the same--save for one more addition...Positive Trust will be left by both lender and borrower upon loan repayment and successful transaction completion.  Trust is of utmost importance.

That is not how trust is supposed to work...you do not "trade" it or lend for it. You are basically buying trust here..

Interesting.  This was not intended to be interpreted as "buying trust," but rather to underscore the importance of trust in the transaction. There is no payment being made in exchange for feedback/trust.  A loan has been made, and the loan is to be repaid with interest...the reason for exchanging of funds begins and ends there.  Beyond that, just as buyers and sellers on EBAY commonly request positive feedback for successful transactions, so too is it appropriate to request it here or in any other transactional situation...be it via online review at VRBO, a phone or other survey requested by a bank or retailer, a referral slip requested by a realtor or salesperson...you name it.  And although many retailers do in-fact incentivize responding to surveys and leaving feedback, that is not the case here.  The leaving of trust has been requested, agreed to and documented as such in the public forum, but it is never a requirement of lending, payment or repayment for any of the aforementioned transactions.  Nor has or will anyone be paid to leave trust in this particular transaction...be it lender or borrower.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

I have to agree that trust should probably
not be asked for like you did Ducatitalia.

I'm sure your intentions are good, but this is
not Ebay.  Things work differently here
and trust has to be genuinely earned,
rather than given quid pro quo because
there are no central authorities here.

That said, I totally get wanting to earn
trust as it is valuable for doing business
and just feeling good as a part of the
community, so I also hope Arklan leaves us
both positive trust as a result of the
transaction and for our overall trustworthiness,
but I never made it part of the deal.

ducatitalia

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:48:30 PM

Understood and noted.  Thank you for the advice.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:21:49 AM

Yeah if I thought you were really trying to buy the trust I would have left some negative feedback. I was trying to give you a heads up was all...you seem legit to me.
ducatitalia

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:16:20 AM

Yeah if I thought you were really trying to buy the trust I would have left some negative feedback. I was trying to give you a heads up was all...you seem legit to me.

Much appreciated--will certainly consider these recommendations going forward.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:09:30 PM

You can start with removing the trust condition in your loan to Arklan.
ducatitalia

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:00:35 PM

You can start with removing the trust condition in your loan to Arklan.

To further clarify then...the leaving of trust/feedback by either lender or borrower is not, nor was it ever a condition or requirement of this loan.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:21:54 AM

so, after a shitty december, janruary isn't off to a great start. my paycheck from last week was $161. i'm just falling forther and further behind on bills instead of getting ahead of them.

and then tonight uber sent out and email informing us they're cutting the rates by 25%. also said something about minimum garuntees, but it was so vague i have no idea what they mean.

i'll be lucky if i can even make enough to have gas next week.

to say i'm upset is an understatement in the extreme. i'm at a complete loss.

frankly if i knew where uber's offices actually were i'd probably be in jail for assault by now...

who knows. maybe a miracle will happen before the end of the month. given my luck, i doubt it though.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:53:34 AM

thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear it.  Are you expecting to be late on these loans? 

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:15:01 AM

thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear it.  Are you expecting to be late on these loans? 

honestly, i have no idea. if the guaruntee they mentioned is as simple as they are trying to make it, then i will be actually doing better then ever, by a little anyway. right now i just don't know. i've already emailed asking for more info.

if that is the case, then there's no problems. if that's NOT the case, then yea, late. but right now i don't have enough verified info.

bobolini

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:51:19 PM

Does your price cut have anything to do with this?
http://gizmodo.com/these-48-cities-are-getting-cheaper-uber-rides-1678453393

Although the article does mention that driver wages aren't being cut for those cities.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:17:55 PM

Does your price cut have anything to do with this?
http://gizmodo.com/these-48-cities-are-getting-cheaper-uber-rides-1678453393

Although the article does mention that driver wages aren't being cut for those cities.

that's it, yes.

they're dropping rates by about 25%, but adding guaranteed minimums. i got the clarification i wanted - basically they added a minimum wage. in my city (it varies by location) that's about 15 an hour during the peak times friday and saturday nights, and 9.50 or so the rest. this may actually improve my pay, depending on actual business. it means, at a minimum, i'll make about 500 a week. unfortunately i have car payments of 220 a week. add gas, insurance, phone, etc - you get the idea.

i used to make about 400 a week - AFTER the car payment, thanks to busy nights. we'll see how things go.

obviously, i'm actively looking for something else, as this is getting ridiculous.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:26:27 PM

If you post quite often (and well, as you normally do) you can get paid 0.0012BTC a post with the BIT-X.com campaign I run. Make a thousand posts in a month and you'd be paid 1.2BTC.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:13:36 PM

Hey Arklan, if you are looking for additional work, I'd suggest you look into things like Mturk.com to work from home.
The pay isn't great especially if you are just starting out, but it improves with time and could be beneficial for you.
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:46:40 PM

Hey Arklan, if you are looking for additional work, I'd suggest you look into things like Mturk.com to work from home.
The pay isn't great especially if you are just starting out, but it improves with time and could be beneficial for you.
mturk pays sub minimum wage, especially over longer periods of time (there are small amounts of tasks that pay better).

I am not entirely surprised that things are not going his way financially, he was warned that it would be bad to take out this loan. Especially considering he didn't even repay the last one he took out - it was repaid by BiPolarBob.

I really think that most of the lenders were primarily lending the OP money as a covert way to buy trust from the OP, who happens to be on default trust list.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:50:44 AM

mturk pays sub minimum wage, especially over longer periods of time (there are small amounts of tasks that pay better).

I am not entirely surprised that things are not going his way financially, he was warned that it would be bad to take out this loan. Especially considering he didn't even repay the last one he took out - it was repaid by BiPolarBob.

I really think that most of the lenders were primarily lending the OP money as a covert way to buy trust from the OP, who happens to be on default trust list.

Actually i just found out about bipolarbob now ; kinda wish i'd known but probably still would have lent...
because his guy seems not like a scammer.... he maybe just needs time to get
back on his feet.  I really hope to get paid back...i hope you're not suggesting the lenders
only wanted trust and not to be paid?

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:16:35 AM

Everyone will get paid back. That's not even in question. I might need more time though. I'll know more monday, when I can see the results of this weekend.

fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:48:51 AM

Actually i just found out about bipolarbob now ; kinda wish i'd known but probably still would have lent...
because his guy seems not like a scammer.... he maybe just needs time to get
back on his feet.  I really hope to get paid back...i hope you're not suggesting the lenders
only wanted trust and not to be paid?
I think you are probably the exception to people buying trust.

I think the OP has the intention of paying back the lenders, however his financial situation did not appear to support his ability to do so.

I think the other lenders lent the OP money with the understanding they would receive positive trust (to boost their trust ratings) while knowing how risky of an investment this loan would be
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: