March 28, 2024, 05:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will you do?
Stay in/exit to Bitcoin
Move 100% to alts
Exit to fiat and come back later
Re-balance portfolio to include a share of alts (post how much % you'll keep in alts)
Undecided

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear market to continue thru October 2015  (Read 7142 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:33:53 AM

bull coming back! Cheesy

It's very unlikely, just a correction of the bear market, like the one back in May-June, $500 will not be conquered this year.

You still don't get it LOL

It's not about how many accounts you have it's about how many are now dormant and abadoned.

You talk too much, but say very little. So you can't name any of my 'dummy accounts'? That's understandable, because either you're a bad Sherlock or there is no other accounts just this one I am using now, take your pick.

WOW you are too much.. i'm wasting my time with you clearly.
I talk too much ? go fuck yourself.. thanks for insulting the massive effort i made here to talk to you like an adult.
i tried like hell to get my point across and you act like a dog pulling its head away when it's nose is rubbed in poop on the floor.

i think your an idiot.
And i base that on the large volume of comments you have made around here for quite some time.. not because of this topic alone.
Your a waste of my time.
If you don't hide later i will be saying I told you so ..wait for it Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

More of your blahblahblah, Spoetnik. Did you get offended because I called you a bad Sherlock? Man up, dude, it's life, life's unfair and you can't be good at everything )

What exactly are you going to tell me 'told you so' about? You didn't tell me anything that would look like a prediction that we both can see proof of in the future. Again, like I said, your posts are lengthy, but the real value in them is little if any at all.
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

I'd stick with my current plan.  Use alts to increase my btc supply.  If you ask me, most alts will fail in 6 months or less.  So, get in, make profit, and get out.  bitcoin's price will rise and fall, but until someone tops it, it is THE coin to invest in.
Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:23:43 PM

It is like a cleansing stage, only the good coins will prevail.

+1.  It's a hard shakeout.
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:13:41 AM

This bear market is part of the bubble phase of 2013, the willy bot did a lot of damage to the organic growth, irrational exuberance moods were galore among investors, now that has to be completely shaken out before prices can start rising again.

The problem is, even though the healthy value of an asset may be N and during the bubble phase it temporarily goes to the unsustainable N + X, when it corrects during the bear market it doesn't simply go back to N, but it overshoots (just like it did during the bubble phase) and goes to N - Y. Yes, this is stating the obvious, but the significance of this is that based on this fact bear markets take a long time to unfold (2 years on average), as investors start to buy when it goes back to N thinking the bear market is over and they can now buy at the fair value, but the market plays a trick and goes even lower, which prolongs the damage to investor sentiment.

Now what does that bring us to? Bitcoin fair value price right now could be at $300-400 range, but that doesn't mean it can't go lower, N - Y as a final shakeout. That's not so much of a problem per se unless you use leverage, but if it did dive like that, it would likely add another few months to the bear market as sentiments are depressed, hence my projection that no recovery ($500+) is possible till November 2015. Coupled with the halving of block rewards still some 20-21 months away which keeps the inflation rate at a substantial level and short-term strengthening of the USD, I estimate the likelihood of this scenario to be no less than 70%.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:00:36 PM

Who has voted for moving to alts? It is overall bear market in altcoins, speculation for 10x profit, miners selling their coins at irrational price, irrational trading of PnD coins. that take new capital to wrong coins & scare away noob investors etc. This severe bear trend should kill the most of the junk, copycat, PnD coins. There are rooms for 10-15 coins (considering there are 100s of fiats & other forms of currency) and profit for everyday miners. Bitcoin mining is being industrialized, we need a community that can mine with GPU and CPU with profit and can support and uphold Crypto-currency.
CCInvestor

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:41:22 PM

It is like a cleansing stage, only the good coins will prevail. Although I am a bit surprised at NXT

what surprises you at NXT?
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:56:00 AM

It is like a cleansing stage, only the good coins will prevail. Although I am a bit surprised at NXT

what surprises you at NXT?

That it has all the signs of a scam premine coin. About 50 people have extreme amounts of NXT, the rest has shit. When, not if, but when they decide to dump, bye bye NXT

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:43:09 AM

That's why I don't buy Microsoft shares. Have you seen how many Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates have?  Shocked  Shocked

Therefore, Microsoft as a company is worth nothing and it shares should be valued at zero dollars. Don't buy Microsoft, when Ballmer decides to dump then it's bye bye Microsoft...
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:28:40 AM

LOL Furio, you've just got ass-busted  Cheesy
Victoo

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:31:24 AM

I hold about 50% of my portfolio in BTC and the other 50% is in trusted alts like BlackCoin, DarkCoin and APEX.
Victoo

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

I will move 100% into altcoins.

That's a very aggressive position. But I understand that some people want to do it this way, and are counting on alts to grow much more than BTC. That said, I would only invest in trusted alts like BC, DRK, APEX and some old ones like LTC and PPC.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:14:01 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 12:51:43 PM by TaunSew

That's a very aggressive position. But I understand that some people want to do it this way, and are counting on alts to grow much more than BTC. That said, I would only invest in trusted alts like BC, DRK, APEX and some old ones like LTC and PPC.

Why not?  Bitcoin is only 500K - 2 million users.  The internet had 3 million users in the late 1980s.   Jeffrey Robinson himself said Bitcoin is 250K users and is smaller than the frequent flyer club of Kuwaiti airlines.  PayPal is 150 million users.  Whatsapp has 600 million users.  Facebook has 1.2 billion users.

It seems like a credible theory that some alternate, better at promotion and user base expansion, could go viral and surpass Bitcoin's small userbase within months and people here will be asking themselves what just happened.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:33:16 AM

That's why I don't buy Microsoft shares. Have you seen how many Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates have?  Shocked  Shocked

Therefore, Microsoft as a company is worth nothing and it shares should be valued at zero dollars. Don't buy Microsoft, when Ballmer decides to dump then it's bye bye Microsoft...

Like corporate life and Bitcoin/crypto can be compared... Centralized vs decentralised, jeeeez, some people..

NXT is shit and has a few big holders, that's it

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:33:52 AM

LOL Furio, you've just got ass-busted  Cheesy

Better lay of the shrooms Wink Microsoft compared to Next, idiots....

K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:06:58 AM

my portfolio: 30% bitcoin, 30% litecoin, 40% peercoin. Mixture of bitcoin and two successful alt coins.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:54:33 AM

NXT is shit and has a few big holders, that's it

Same happens to Bitcoin, you cocklord!
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:25:41 PM

Why not?  Bitcoin is only 500K - 2 million users.  The internet had 3 million users in the late 1980s.   Jeffrey Robinson himself said Bitcoin is 250K users and is smaller than the frequent flyer club of Kuwaiti airlines.  PayPal is 150 million users.  Whatsapp has 600 million users.  Facebook has 1.2 billion users.

It seems like a credible theory that some alternate, better at promotion and user base expansion, could go viral and surpass Bitcoin's small userbase within months and people here will be asking themselves what just happened.

Totally agree - great perspective. imho, bitcoin squandered much of its past year of fame and someone else is (hopefully) going to pick up the ball and make crypto a smashing success.
poncom

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:44:59 PM

Totally agree - great perspective. imho, bitcoin squandered much of its past year of fame and someone else is (hopefully) going to pick up the ball and make crypto a smashing success.

Perhaps bitcoin's name has been tarred with the same brush as the silk road in some people's minds. It's unfortunate that a large number of people heard about bitcoin because of it's use on the silk road. Alternate crypto's are mostly free of that kind of bad publicity and that might be a factor that helps one surpass bitcoin.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:09:36 PM

Karpeles could be selling HUGE amounts of stolen coins. If that is the case: you better be not in bitcoin.

I can see signs of trendreversal on many alts for weeks - some good pumps already again. Can't hold alts down much longer. If bitcoin can't hold the drink we'll have to leave it behind.

So if (big if) Karp-fuck is the cause of this, once people realise there will be a huge run for the good altcoins. Litecoin could even move in to replace the bitcoin in that scenario.

MtGox will be giving a statement they're reinstating btc withdraws. People will buy btc there and leave to other exchanges to sell those cheap coins. The price at the other exchanges will stay low because of the steady income of cheap coins from MtGox.

Or

MtGox is insolvant and we'll see a crash on all exchanges.

After this entire debacle we'll be going up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: