Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:07:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining - Please help a newbie  (Read 82140 times)
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:58:22 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 04:59:12 PM by tmfp

Please see this post for more info on cloud mining and how to spot a ponzi:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0

This post is a burning example of misleading information which resulted in the loss of million dollar by naive investors through AM hash scam. No wonder, after the AM hash collapse, OP of that post has become highly inactive and not even updated the latest collapsed cloud mining operations, which clearly shows that the only motto of that post was to spread negativity about others and thereby pushing the AM hash scam.

And that post is a burning example of shill in action, continually denigrating a sensible set of parameters for ponzi detection that Puppet outlined originally and are still valid. Why?, because people might read it and think twice about putting money into the shit that OP promotes.
AM hash went bang because FriedCat went rogue and ran off with the money.
Nothing to do with it being a ponzi, which it wasn't, unlike OP's favourites cloudminr.io and cloudmining.website which his account and thread were specifically made to shill for.
Must be about time to fire up Russian/German/Spanish for another of your shill circle jerks.  

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:23:17 PM

the only cloud mining site you could have trusted was cex.io though they dont offer cloud mining now, so i guess there are no websites to trust

agree, cex.io is the only bitcoin cloudmining that i trust.
their service make sense, not like any other cloud mining site that offering big payout and fast ROI.
think smart and never trust 100% to any cloudmining website , cex.io included Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:25:35 PM

the only cloud mining site you could have trusted was cex.io though they dont offer cloud mining now, so i guess there are no websites to trust

their service make sense, not like any other cloud mining site that offering big payout and fast ROI.
think smart and never trust 100% to any cloudmining website , cex.io included Smiley

You can not mine on CEX.io anymore. It is for hash power trading only.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:59:25 AM

Please see this post for more info on cloud mining and how to spot a ponzi:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0

This post is a burning example of misleading information which resulted in the loss of million dollar by naive investors through AM hash scam. No wonder, after the AM hash collapse, OP of that post has become highly inactive and not even updated the latest collapsed cloud mining operations, which clearly shows that the only motto of that post was to spread negativity about others and thereby pushing the AM hash scam.

And that post is a burning example of shill in action, continually denigrating a sensible set of parameters for ponzi detection that Puppet outlined originally and are still valid. Why?, because people might read it and think twice about putting money into the shit that OP promotes.
AM hash went bang because FriedCat went rogue and ran off with the money.
Nothing to do with it being a ponzi, which it wasn't, unlike OP's favourites cloudminr.io and cloudmining.website which this account and thread were specifically made to shill for.
Must be about time to fire up Russian/German/Spanish for another of your shill circle jerks.  

He does it to gain more people for the site.  He post that stupid graph in this thread a lot.   The website does not even mention costs, only earnings.  It's a high high percent chance it's a ponzi.

But they got a review site to say it's great, and that stupid chart from review site.   I hope new people don't follow that and do research and invest into a legit cloud mining site.

Maybe they finally will release some pics of their data center, or tell us about gear they are using.... anything to show not ponzi.  But I doubt it.
Vitamin King (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:41:06 AM

He does it to gain more people for the site.  He post that stupid graph in this thread a lot.   The website does not even mention costs, only earnings.  It's a high high percent chance it's a ponzi.
Ok. Posting graphs & stats are stupid. But, pointless blabbering is intelligent. Where did you get the news that The website does not even mention costs ? Ghs costs are mentioned right on the front page of www.cloudmining.website. You even do not need to log in for that.

But they got a review site to say it's great, and that stupid chart from review site.   I hope new people don't follow that and do research and invest into a legit cloud mining site.
Please dont trap newbies with the hypothetical idea of legit cloud mining site. First show a site that provides mining address and sold hash power in real time. No one is cloud mining industry does that, because everyone is involved into partial mining.

Maybe they finally will release some pics of their data center, or tell us about gear they are using.... anything to show not ponzi.  But I doubt it.
LoLz... the moment they show a data center, some of the other moron will jump in and say pic is not sufficient. Paying consistently over eight months at this rate with almost no ad spending on the forum proves beyond doubt that www.cloudmining.website is NOT a Ponzi.

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:58:51 AM

Too bad there's no way to earn any money with cex.io Smiley The only one who wins there is cex.io Wink

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:01:22 AM

cex.io stopped mining a while ago. nowadays, you should try out hashnest or bit-x. bit-x is similar to cex.io in the sense that it is an exchange that includes hashing power, which is provided by bitfury.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:28:17 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 08:40:13 AM by notlist3d

He does it to gain more people for the site.  He post that stupid graph in this thread a lot.   The website does not even mention costs, only earnings.  It's a high high percent chance it's a ponzi.
Ok. Posting graphs & stats are stupid. But, pointless blabbering is intelligent. Where did you get the news that The website does not even mention costs ? Ghs costs are mentioned right on the front page of www.cloudmining.website. You even do not need to log in for that.

It mentions initial cost to buy. I do not see FEE's.  Yes I consider a legit site to have fees and be open on them.  

But they got a review site to say it's great, and that stupid chart from review site.   I hope new people don't follow that and do research and invest into a legit cloud mining site.
Please dont trap newbies with the hypothetical idea of legit cloud mining site. First show a site that provides mining address and sold hash power in real time. No one is cloud mining industry does that, because everyone is involved into partial mining.

I'm sorry I consider facts such as where datacenter is, what equipment is being used. Heck if there is any equipment even to be more important than a chart.

Maybe they finally will release some pics of their data center, or tell us about gear they are using.... anything to show not ponzi.  But I doubt it.
LoLz... the moment they show a data center, some of the other moron will jump in and say pic is not sufficient. Paying consistently over eight months at this rate with almost no ad spending on the forum proves beyond doubt that www.cloudmining.website is NOT a Ponzi.

You spend no money just spam that chart.   You have posted the same chart way to many of times.   So it proves your cheap on ad's does not make you legit.

Not quite sure why your mad at me. I really do not like arguments so normally avoid your company.

You have a great graph. What you don't have is proof of equipment or even brand your using.   You never go into details. What country is your data center in?  You will laugh at me, post graphs, argue, just not put facts on table.  And how many times have you posted that same graph? I'm surprised it's not considered spam at this point.

There are 2 sites i trust as legit cloud mining.  You will notice I normally do not mention them as I want the person to do research and decide on their own.  There are a lot more scam/ponzi sites then legit cloud mining.  

Go find someone else to pester or provide some proof.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:14:39 AM

New account's please take not of this.  Do not be afraid to ask questions.   When you are going for cloudmining do not just trust.   I only trust 2 different ones.  Just a lot of scams.

Notice there was no talks after i asked to see:

It mentions initial cost to buy. I do not see FEE's.  Yes I consider a legit site to have fees and be open on them.  What are Fees they are NOT published?

I'm sorry I consider facts such as where datacenter is, what equipment is being used. Heck if there is any equipment even to be more important than a chart..... no answers here.

You spend no money just spam that chart.   You have posted the same chart way to many of times.   So it proves your cheap on ad's does not make you legit..... why is not advertising good? Not sure there.

Most of all I want to see this answered
What you don't have is proof of equipment or even brand your using.   You never go into details. What country is your data center in?

End of story be careful don't be fooled by a fancy graph.
Vitamin King (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:04:26 PM

It mentions initial cost to buy. I do not see FEE's.  Yes I consider a legit site to have fees and be open on them.  What are Fees they are NOT published?

www.CloudMining.website do have fees and CMW support has said it multiple times in their forum. Below is a conversation copied directly from their forum...

Quote from: support
Quote from: eugenevorld
First post in the forums...

Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys have any "maintenance fees" or any other kind of fees that are deducted since I couldn't find any information about it on your FAQ page. I'm wondering about it because at the moment I have 30Ghs and getting a daily payout of 0.00021269 BTC but using your mining calculator, it says that for 30Ghs, the profit per day should be 0.00037712 BTC. I know that these are estimates and don't reflect real results but the estimates are over 1.7 times more than in practice. I've waited a couple of days and I am still consistently getting a daily payout of 0.00021269 BTC.

It doesn't bother me that much since you guys offer incredibly cheap Ghs rates but it's just something I was unsure of,
Thanks.

First of all, congratulations for making the first post of the forum. It has not yet been 24 hour that we have launched this. Smiley

There is no fixed maintenance fee here. If you check the latest payout of everyday, you'll see that it is varying. This is because, the variance in mining luck, we are mining different amount everyday against the same hash power. Same is also mentioned under Note in http://www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php. Now, the electricity consumption found from our meter everyday is deducted after converting it to bitcoin cost. Both consumption and bitcoin value are variable here. You also need to consider that time to time we rent hash power from external sources to meet increasing demand, where the renting rate is a variable. Hence, it is difficult to provide you a straight out formula to calculate your fees. It is an average that you get.

I am sure any rational person will make out the truth out of it. But, I dont expect you to stop barking even after this, because you are behaving absolutely like Bit-X's paid dog like was Puppet for AM hash.

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 09:23:06 AM

cloudmining today is either scam, not profitable or both. I'd stay away from it, there are better investments with high risk / decent rewards

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:34:40 AM

cloudmining today is either scam, not profitable or both. I'd stay away from it, there are better investments with high risk / decent rewards

Could you please suggest some better investments with high risk / decent rewards ?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

Could you please suggest some better investments with high risk / decent rewards ?

Mining where it is cheap electricity, or a good cloud sites.  Not all are scams, I trust two personally sadly yes most are scams.

But other is investing in altcoins (highly risky), or other trading.  Or if you have a good skill you can sell it to others here.
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:40:34 AM

I always wanted to mine but never had enough resource. Over month, I have gathered around 0.11BTC from faucets and twitter giveaways, with which I want to buy hash power. The cheapest one I see around is offered by www.cloudmining.website, which is 0.001 BTC/GHs. But, before I invest, I'd like to know what people want to say about their experience about this service. As it seems, at current difficulty, I should reach ROI at 4 month. Please advise...

Update 30/03/2015: In fact, I invested 0.11BTC in this service and have already made ROI. Smiley

Update 11/07/2015: They are paying consistently for more than eight months now and they publish the blockchain payment proof - www.cloudmining.website/payments.php. Moreover, according to a third party cloud mining monitor, www.CloudMining.website delivered ROI within ~114 days...

[Suspicious link removed]/i/2015/03/02/cmmonitor1.png[/img]

Conclusion: Initially, I took them with a grain of salt, but, after eight months, I can definitely say, they are trustworthy...

My personal experience with two cloud mining sites tell that you must be very careful with cloud mining. Every cloud mining site pay until the day they disappear. So no such good facts before that date show that someday the site will take your bitcoins and will disappear. Better find other ways to multiplies your bitcoins and that bitcoin you have it will be good to save in your wallet.  
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

I always wanted to mine but never had enough resource. Over month, I have gathered around 0.11BTC from faucets and twitter giveaways, with which I want to buy hash power. The cheapest one I see around is offered by www.cloudmining.website, which is 0.001 BTC/GHs. But, before I invest, I'd like to know what people want to say about their experience about this service. As it seems, at current difficulty, I should reach ROI at 4 month. Please advise...

Update 30/03/2015: In fact, I invested 0.11BTC in this service and have already made ROI. Smiley

Update 11/07/2015: They are paying consistently for more than eight months now and they publish the blockchain payment proof - www.cloudmining.website/payments.php. Moreover, according to a third party cloud mining monitor, www.CloudMining.website delivered ROI within ~114 days...

[Suspicious link removed]/i/2015/03/02/cmmonitor1.png[/img]

Conclusion: Initially, I took them with a grain of salt, but, after eight months, I can definitely say, they are trustworthy...

My personal experience with two cloud mining sites tell that you must be very careful with cloud mining. Every cloud mining site pay until the day they disappear. So no such good facts before that date show that someday the site will take your bitcoins and will disappear. Better find other ways to multiplies your bitcoins and that bitcoin you have it will be good to save in your wallet.  

That poster really does not like me with that site.  I have asked many times.... they say they show costs.  They do not show fees anywhere!   

What legit cloud mining operation does not list fees before buying.   (Electrical, maintenance, etc).  Also I have asked pictures of datacenter, and what company gear is being used.... no anwsers there ever.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:55:26 AM

Mining where it is cheap electricity, or a good cloud sites.  Not all are scams, I trust two personally sadly yes most are scams.

But other is investing in altcoins (highly risky), or other trading.  Or if you have a good skill you can sell it to others here.

Except for Cex.IO, which own the pool Ghash.IO, all other cloud mining site are equally shady.

Alt coins are just gambling. They are not investment.

Selling skill is earning. That is not an investment. I asked where the earned coins can be securely invested. By security, I dont mean that I can not lose. I know every investment comes with a risk. I only wanna make sure that the service wont evaporate overnight with my coin, the kind of guarantee I get at services like BitPay, CoinBase, Circle etc.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:49:43 PM

Except for Cex.IO, which own the pool Ghash.IO, all other cloud mining site are equally shady.

Alt coins are just gambling. They are not investment.

Selling skill is earning. That is not an investment. I asked where the earned coins can be securely invested. By security, I dont mean that I can not lose. I know every investment comes with a risk. I only wanna make sure that the service wont evaporate overnight with my coin, the kind of guarantee I get at services like BitPay, CoinBase, Circle etc.

I only trust 2 sites on cloud.  On this I always say make your own choice, do research.

I trust hashnest which is controlled by Bitmain and has Bitmain Hardware behind it.  So we know some about it's tech.

Other is Bit-X it is known to be ran by BitFury Hardware.   So again know some about it's tech.

Those are two I have a little.  I mostly enjoy hardware in my mining areas though.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:53:55 PM

Wait, cex.io doesn't offer a cloud mining service anymore? Huh How long have I not visited that site? I used to trade GH/s there, more profitable than cloud mining per se, actually.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:56:44 PM

Wait, cex.io doesn't offer a cloud mining service anymore? Huh How long have I not visited that site? I used to trade GH/s there, more profitable than cloud mining per se, actually.

Pretty much the ones that were using the old A1 gear are gone.  Just a lot of cost to electricity.  So clouds that used A1 gear... its hard to say how many stopped opperation.

If they had extremely cheap electricity they could still operate.  But that would be few.  This is part of why I am so much into knowing what gear is used for the cloud site before I invest.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:51:19 AM

last time I checked you could trade GH like any other coin. but they're no longer mining...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: