Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick Murck of The Bitcoin Foundation - attacked by a lunatic.  (Read 11027 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:23:42 AM

Punishment is still due.  Without remorse, punishment should be doubled.

So who gets to decide the punishment and under what authority?  Patrick?  You?  Someone "objective"?  theymos?

Apart from Phin publicly apologising, what is it that you want as a resolution here and from whom?  Based on past experience, a significant proportion of the board likely has Phin on ignore and an even larger proportion regards his statements with extreme skepticism (things we know for a fact bother Phin).

If you want theymos to ban Phin, then you need to take your arguments in favour of that to theymos.  

If you want the community to shun Phin, then I'd argue that for the most part they've been doing so for a long time.  We know that from the time when the extent to which people were ignored was visible and Phin's level of being ignored would go through the roof when he was on a crusading frenzy.  I doubt you'll find many people reading Phin's threads hoping to discover the truth about Bitcoin's latest drama - they're way too exhausting to read, too "theatrical" in nature, and full of too much tenuous "evidence" for that.

If you want Patrick to take action against Phin, then you need to talk to Patrick about that.

In a way, the ultimate punishment is the one Phin has brought upon himself - his credibility as a "crusader for truth" is already so damaged within this community that his claims against Patrick didn't gain any traction.  Phin wants to be viewed and acknowledged within this community as someone who has selflessly and tirelessly spent thousands of hours promoting Bitcoin and pursuing the truth.  That he he isn't perceived that way is almost entirely the result of his own behaviour rather than attempts by others to discredit him, and everything about the way he handled this situation has only served to further undermine whatever small remnants of credibility he might have retained up until now.  

Phin being Phin, that his attempt to blackmail Patrick was more likely to damage his own reputation than Patrick's is something he did not foresee (I'm convinced Phin has a script in his head about how these things are going to play out when he does them and is utterly unable to understand why they don't play out as expected).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

Postulate to consider: TKeenen is another of Bruno's alts. Discuss.

(... well, someone needed to float the proposition.)

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

Now THAT would be funny. Struggling for years with his weigh, uncontrolled beard growth and penchant for wearing a tutu Bruno lashes out against himself in a frenzy of self loathing. ROFL

TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:52:37 PM

Punishment is still due.  Without remorse, punishment should be doubled.
So who gets to decide the punishment and under what authority?  Patrick?  You?  Someone "objective"?  theymos?
You decide.  I'll be happy with that.  
If you want theymos to ban Phin, then you need to take your arguments in favour of that to theymos.  
Ban is stupid.  I never support censorship.
(I'm convinced Phin has a script in his head about how these things are going to play out when he does them and is utterly unable to understand why they don't play out as expected).
He needs to shut himself up.  Gun to the head was one fair and reasonable option.  
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:09:11 PM

What a crazy conspiracy theory! Good thinking! That would explain the extreme vitriol from TKeenan. Phin would be attempting to control the backlash (opposition) by posing as the other side and making it about extreme personal attacks (adding the "and your family" component) rather than balanced consideration of the known facts, so that others will not join or comment.

(It seems rather unlikely though...)

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

A moderator deleted my post yesterday (though thanks to QuestionAuthority for quoting it on another thread so people can read it if they like).

I'll take the deletion as a message that I should treat others on this forum with a basic level of human dignity and respect. It's a shame that Bruno and his apologists are not held to the same standard. However, I'll take the fact that the rest of us are held to a higher standard as a compliment. Sorry the moderator had to spend time on that.

Plus, I've decided to reduce my morning intake of Vodka.

It's been suggested that people attacking Bruno are motivated by a desire to defend Murck. I have no particular opinion about Murck. I have a strong opinion about Bruno, for obvious reasons, and a strong opinion about those who defend him. Bruno's a hopeless case, but most people are smart enough not to take him seriously. He's clearly mentally ill. It is seriously a shame he won't seek help for it and I hope it's not too much of a burden on those around him. For those of you defending him, I hope you'll quietly reflect on it a bit and realize you're not helping Bruno, you're not helping Bitcoin, and you're just not helping.

About the TKeenan being Bruno, I thought about that too. In fact, I seriously considered "coming out" as Bruno myself. It would be easy because Bruno has some obvious "signature" writing patterns one can mimic. Plus it's not like Bruno is capable of making a PGP key to prevent someone from pretending to be him. But, eh, it wouldn't be fun enough to spend that much time on.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:43:58 PM

Who is "we"?  Has Patrick asked for an apology and retraction?
The crime is against community.  The community is due an apology. 

When a man beats his wife, it is a crime against society.  Even if she forgives him and does not prosecute her civil claim, society still goes for a criminal conviction. 

That fat asshole didn't just screw Mr. Murck, he screws everyone.  Everyone who doesn't demand an apology accepts such behavior and further harms the community.  He should be held to account.  That is all.
Your absurdly-abstract collectivist notions are what make ideas like genocide possible.

I haven't read the rest of the thread and will only read this. And it's too pretentious because if you dispute what that guy just said, you're enabling scotsmen and their sheep shagging hobbies. I'm sure there's a lot of texan sheep shaggers here though, there usually is whenever something is about accumulating coins of some sort. It isn't ok to just go shagging goats and sheep and cows like that, and hurling goat turd infested dicks in prison is not genocide, if anything it's genocide of the half-breed goat-human species alex jones or rand paul belong to.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:08:28 PM

Haha. The he's an evil genius angle. Let's run with that one Cheesy

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:30:14 AM

Just when I thought this thread was dead.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:59:07 PM

I haven't read the rest of the thread and will only read this. And it's too pretentious because if you dispute what that guy just said, you're enabling scotsmen and their sheep shagging hobbies. I'm sure there's a lot of texan sheep shaggers here though, there usually is whenever something is about accumulating coins of some sort. It isn't ok to just go shagging goats and sheep and cows like that, and hurling goat turd infested dicks in prison is not genocide, if anything it's genocide of the half-breed goat-human species alex jones or rand paul belong to.

Yeah, you make a valid point there.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:45:23 AM

You understood that? What the fuck is he talking about?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:53:41 AM

That must have been sarcasm Wink I considered it myself, but necrobumping this thread comes at a cost of increasing the general level of insanity beyond even half-breed goat-people?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

That must have been sarcasm Wink I considered it myself, but necrobumping this thread comes at a cost of increasing the general level of insanity beyond even half-breed goat-people?

Oh, good. I thought I wasn't one of the cool kids anymore and there was some sort of message I didn't get. I don't mind bumping this because I would like Bruno to say something about his pedo accusation. He shouldn't run around calling people names for no reason like this forum is a 6th grade schoolyard. I'd be happy if he simply said the whole thing was bullshit just for fun.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:15:16 AM

"Hurling goat turd infested dicks in prison is not genocide."

TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

"Hurling goat turd infested dicks in prison is not genocide."
Yes, hurling and dicks is an explosive mix in prison

(for the uninitiated, hurling is also an Irish sport)

J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

I don't mind bumping this because I would like Bruno to say something about his pedo accusation. He shouldn't run around calling people names for no reason like this forum is a 6th grade schoolyard. I'd be happy if he simply said the whole thing was bullshit just for fun.

Well, I've just been bullshitting for fun, so I assume you're happy with me too. Good to know.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

I don't mind bumping this because I would like Bruno to say something about his pedo accusation. He shouldn't run around calling people names for no reason like this forum is a 6th grade schoolyard. I'd be happy if he simply said the whole thing was bullshit just for fun.

Well, I've just been bullshitting for fun, so I assume you're happy with me too. Good to know.

Most of the threads on this forum are just bullshitting now. I think bored people screwing around describes about 3/4 of the Bitcoin user base.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:28:55 PM

Most of the threads on this forum are just bullshitting now. I think bored people screwing around describes about 3/4 of the Bitcoin user base.

Exactly right.

Some of us understand the saying:  "Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you read", especially on the internet.

I would like to know what OP thinks of all the scammers who stole real money from members on this forum?
If OP wants to play judge and jury, why isn't OP screaming for justice - for those victims?
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:01:08 PM

Exactly right.

Some of us understand the saying:  "Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you read", especially on the internet.

I would like to know what OP thinks of all the scammers who stole real money from members on this forum?
If OP wants to play judge and jury, why isn't OP screaming for justice - for those victims?

meh so what? gogo TBF?! Grin

edit: OP is bruno. i figured its just a way to keep those accusations thriving.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

Exactly right.

You mean like KnC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: