Author Topic: ..  (Read 3101 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:59:19 AM

Then you need to lower your expectations.  Bitcoin is not a magic wand.  

What's the difference?  Oh yeah, you don't have BTC.  I don't need to beg for it.  Wink

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l90sovbv58mztrg/btc.PNG?dl=0

Then why are you asking for a loan?   Roll Eyes

Can you list the address of those bitcoin here?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vicemayor

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:59:57 AM

.... And I don't want to / can't sell the coin.  .....

Sorry if I'm overlooking something quite obvious, but why wouldn't you consider looking for someone who would be able to buy $1 million of btc from you? I'm not claiming it'd be easy, but a lot more probable, I think, than finding a qualified and willing lender.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:09:25 PM

JaredR26, please sign an address showing you have over 4,000 bitcoins.

I'm sure you understand how powerful that amount of coin makes you, and that we will ask for proof of such a claim.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

I can verify that JaredR26 is indeed the original account holder, so this isn't a case of a purchased/hacked account coming back online after a considerable period of inactivity. And since he's offering BTC as collateral, I don't see any issue with this one. However, I would advise JaredR26 against entertaining offers from newbie accounts, or at least have a trusted 3rd party hold escrow.

Address.  16hmV8PcAsgdS2HtUfafN8kH5Wg5d9tCLM

--------- Mesage --------
This account is controlled by the original JaredR26.  Signed on 11/10/2014 for Tomatocage
-------- Signature -------
HMBlZXZvLVoXLXG5COQAZ8N1T1rpfPnukMNxEqGIBOJxVbkDnMF27jD7f9vB+zazsrLhiAAQVJ1Su6/mK6Ir53I=
-------------------------

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

How would collateral of over 4000BTC work in a situation like this? Due to the volatile nature of markets, I'm assuming that in the contract there would be a clause stating that the bitcoin couldn't be liquidated if it drops to 100% of the loan amount?.

What is your business plan JaredR26? I'm curious.

I can verify that JaredR26 is indeed the original account holder, so this isn't a case of a purchased/hacked account coming back online after a considerable period of inactivity. And since he's offering BTC as collateral, I don't see any issue with this one. However, I would advise JaredR26 against entertaining offers from newbie accounts, or at least have a trusted 3rd party hold escrow.

This account is controlled by the original JaredR26.  Signed on 11/10/2014 for Tomatocage
HMBlZXZvLVoXLXG5COQAZ8N1T1rpfPnukMNxEqGIBOJxVbkDnMF27jD7f9vB+zazsrLhiAAQVJ1Su6/mK6Ir53I=

I will be watching this address for any incoming transactions.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

While this may prove that JaredR26 is not a purchased account (to a degree, - and assuming one can find an unedited post containing that address) it does not prove that he controls over a million dollars worth of bitcoin.

In regards to your escrow suggestion, I think it falls short of the OP protecting himself. I think he should use something along the lines of 3 of 4 (or even 4 of 5) multisig escrow with two (or three) escrow providers each controlling one key needed to sign a message AND to "test" the multisig address with small amounts to make sure all parties fully understand how to sign a TX in this way to prevent funds from potentially being lost.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:38:22 PM

While this may prove that JaredR26 is not a purchased account (to a degree, - and assuming one can find an unedited post containing that address) it does not prove that he controls over a million dollars worth of bitcoin.

In regards to your escrow suggestion, I think it falls short of the OP protecting himself. I think he should use something along the lines of 3 of 4 (or even 4 of 5) multisig escrow with two (or three) escrow providers each controlling one key needed to sign a message AND to "test" the multisig address with small amounts to make sure all parties fully understand how to sign a TX in this way to prevent funds from potentially being lost.

That was the idea I had, a 3-of-4 escrow with two trusted third parties.
I would say that anyone on the escrow whitelists can generally be trusted, however when you start to get to seven digit figures worth of bitcoin, their trust level declines as I would somewhat doubt they have handled such large amounts of other's people money all at once (although dooglus may be an exception to this) and the temptation would be great to attempt to steal/take the money and run
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:58:19 PM

How would collateral of over 4000BTC work in a situation like this? Due to the volatile nature of markets, I'm assuming that in the contract there would be a clause stating that the bitcoin couldn't be liquidated if it drops to 100% of the loan amount?.

What is your business plan JaredR26? I'm curious.

This is the Bitcoin world and I, like everyone else, am somewhat paranoid.  Moreover, I do need to protect the ideas I have for my competitive advantage.  I'll PM you with some info if you will keep it to yourself but publicly vouch that I do in fact have something and the experience to bring it to fruition.  (You wouldn't need to vouch that it is as solid as I've claimed, as I can't share all of the details with you [Lawyer's orders, a bunch of stuff needs to be protected via trade secret laws].  Just vouch that it is substantive and looks like what I'm claiming.)  Fair?

Sure. Awaiting a PM.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: