Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:17:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX really is affecting me being able to feed my family  (Read 4442 times)
dirtydiego (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 07:29:48 AM

Their withdraw problems from wire transfers to Dwolla delays is just too much now. Why is it that I have to complain here bout them for them to do anything about my delays? As soon as I do it's like they do me a small favor and clear a little of the lot of money I have withdrawn but still has not shown up in my accounts. I'm fully verified with them and was thinking about becoming a trusted member but it just seems like it's not worth it. I used to have a great relationship with them as they used to be the best at Customer support and quickness of withdrawing but it's gone down hill the last two months and now I find myself with investments in BTC with MTGOX that I'm not getting my paid and not being able to support my family because of the amount of money they have held up of mine. Something needs to be done about this. Please magicaltux or anyone from MTGOX tell us the truth of what's going on.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 08:21:45 AM

Why on earth would anyone put money needed for living expenses in an exchange?  They can be hacked, their bank and other accounts can be frozen without notice, their databases can be lost, the owners night run off with everyone's money.  It's been said many times before -don't invest money you can't afford to lose or to which you need immediate access in the exchanges.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 08:49:11 AM

Their withdraw problems from wire transfers to Dwolla delays is just too much now. Why is it that I have to complain here bout them for them to do anything about my delays? As soon as I do it's like they do me a small favor and clear a little of the lot of money I have withdrawn but still has not shown up in my accounts. I'm fully verified with them and was thinking about becoming a trusted member but it just seems like it's not worth it. I used to have a great relationship with them as they used to be the best at Customer support and quickness of withdrawing but it's gone down hill the last two months and now I find myself with investments in BTC with MTGOX that I'm not getting my paid and not being able to support my family because of the amount of money they have held up of mine. Something needs to be done about this. Please magicaltux or anyone from MTGOX tell us the truth of what's going on.

Hi Dirtydiego.

I am sorry to hear about your problem, do you have any open tickets?

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:06:02 PM

TL;DR, as always, NEVER INVEST MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Why do I have to keep repeating that every so often.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:28:40 PM

+1, seriously.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 02:01:36 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 02:43:38 PM by TangibleCryptography

Dirty Diego I would hate for your family to not be able to eat.

I am willing to trade up to $200 Dwolla and/or $700 Paypal for MtGoxUSD or BTC so you can get funds quickly.

2% fee on Dwolla: (To Me: $102 MtGox , To You: $100 Dwolla)
3% fee on Paypal: (To Me: $103 MtGox , To You: $100 Paypal)

Tangible Cryptography "because you can't eat a Bitcoin"
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:19:37 PM

I partly agree with you but if he is running a business that is solely turning profit for him via bitcoins being exchanged back to his local currency then surely you cant judge the man for having to use an exchange. Also perhaps he tried other exchanges but they were even worse with withdrawals and so he remained at mtgox.

Whatever the problem may be there is good chance he lives month to month from his bitcoins related business or mining thus having to exchange it and withdraw in a timely manner doesnt seem unrealistic to me, even if it is his living funds.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:43:14 PM

+1 I guess people will only realize this once they actually get in trouble.

Remember: Stupid people learn from their mistakes. Smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

Oh and regardless of whether Mt.Gox is trustworthy or not (I think they are), you should simply NOT put large amounts of money (either in USD or BTC) on a website. This is probably not related to TS's problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Put money in, buy bitcoins, transfer bitcoins to your wallet. Now it's safe.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:24:26 PM

I'm sorry if I'm repeating. I trust MTGOX as I have done plenty of business with them before. I just made a bad decision and I guess need to own up too it for taking so long.
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:26:12 PM

Hi Dirtydiego.

Yes I do but I haven't heard back from you guys yet. My MTGOX name is the same as this one. Thank you for posting and trying to help  Smiley
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:27:55 PM

Dirty Diego I would hate for your family to not be able to eat.

I am willing to trade up to $200 Dwolla and/or $700 Paypal for MtGoxUSD or BTC so you can get funds quickly.

2% fee on Dwolla: (To Me: $102 MtGox , To You: $100 Dwolla)
3% fee on Paypal: (To Me: $103 MtGox , To You: $100 Paypal)

Tangible Cryptography "because you can't eat a Bitcoin"

Hey thanks for the offer! That would be awesome! I would give you up to 5% if you would trade for $200 worth of MTGOXUSD. Thank you soooooo much for the offer!
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 05:30:40 PM

Hey thanks for the offer! That would be awesome! I would give you up to 5% if you would trade for $200 worth of MTGOXUSD. Thank you soooooo much for the offer!

5%?  that's highway robbery.  2% for Dwolla, 3% for Paypal.  Just PM me.  You can have your funds within minutes.

More info here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85395
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:50:54 PM

I'm sorry if I'm repeating. I trust MTGOX as I have done plenty of business with them before. I just made a bad decision and I guess need to own up too it for taking so long.

FYI, Mt. Gox has offered to cancel Dwolla withdrawal requests if it hasn't gone through.

The places where Dwolla cash out / withdrawals are possible:

Mt. Gox
Intersango
Camp BX
#Bitcoin-OTC marketplace - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
and now
Tangible Cryptography - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85395.0

of those, only Mt. Gox has the problem with 6+ day delays.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 09:47:29 PM

+1 I guess people will only realize this once they actually get in trouble.

Remember: Stupid people learn from their mistakes. Smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

Oh and regardless of whether Mt.Gox is trustworthy or not (I think they are), you should simply NOT put large amounts of money (either in USD or BTC) on a website. This is probably not related to TS's problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Put money in, buy bitcoins, transfer bitcoins to your wallet. Now it's safe.

You are right that smart people learn from others mistakes, but stupid people do NOT learn from their own mistakes and keep repeating them.  Making a mistake once then actually learning from it is not so bad...  Smiley

I also agree with what you are saying, but now as the bitcoin economy advances not all gox users are 'investors'.  While I use gox a whole lot less now (not at all since the Dwolla TOS change), people are even having problems simply depositing BTC, selling right away, then moving to Dwolla then back to their bank account. 

There are now plenty of users who sell items for BTC and need to change some of them back to USD for more goods (leaving the profit in BTC like me).  And they need a site like gox to be reliable and fast for business to work.  For me gox used to be fast, but the last cycle the BTC > GOXUSD > Dwolla > Bank account process took two weeks.  While I do not rely on this income to feed my family I can certainly see it being a problem.  I do not leave a balance with gox. 

dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:30:39 PM

FYI, Mt. Gox has offered to cancel Dwolla withdrawal requests if it hasn't gone through.

The places where Dwolla cash out / withdrawals are possible:

Mt. Gox
Intersango
Camp BX
#Bitcoin-OTC marketplace - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
and now
Tangible Cryptography - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85395.0

of those, only Mt. Gox has the problem with 6+ day delays.

Thank you very much for the info Stephen! I know I'm stupid for not learning from the first times I started noticing a problem not to invest but I guess I trust MTGOX will help speed up the process.  I have very much so enjoyed working with MTGOX as they have been wonderful this past few years. I never had a problem up until about a month and a half ago. I really don't want to switch ex-changers as they have always done me right. I shouldn't have started this thread to complain about an issues I know they are having right now. I apologize  to MTGOX and others who have read this thread as this is my second time complaining about this. Last time was because I had over 15k held up in withdraws for over three weeks but sure enough they did come through about 2-3 weeks later. Thanks to everyone for the advice, even if some of it was a little harsh but I understand why you would say these things. MTGOX did come through with 1 dwolla withdraw since this post which will help me a lot. This time I will learn not to invest in BTC if I can't handle the wait as I hate that I took a big risk to make money in BTC but this stupid risk I took has affected my family and really in hindsight I can't blame MTGOX as they have not robbed me or anyone that I know of. They made me aware of what was going on with the delays from the start and I just thought the delays would have been resolved by now as it states on their support page that they have been but it still has continued. I also realized that they are the biggest ex-changers and well I can imagine they are growing everyday with work and well this must also be an issue for them. Tangible Cryptography I PM'ed you and I really appreciate your very kind offer. I Really can't express to you how much in means to me. So again sorry if in the last month and a half I have a started a few threads about my issue. I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing about it but it was done out of desperation. But now I learned my lesson thanks to everyone in this thread that weighed in. 
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:10:53 PM

Hi Dirtydiego.

Thank you MTGOX support. I gave you my MTGOX username and right away you started to process some my dwolla withdraws after reading this thread. I can't explain to you how much this means to me that you are addressing this so quickly. This will help me extremely and wire bank wire transfers I'm sure will be done soon also.
dirtydiego
MTGOX AML verified member
punningclan

Activity: 283

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 12:23:26 AM

My transaction went from preparing to confirmed! Thank you mTgox.
It's not at Dwolla yet though.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:12:38 AM

Hi Dirtydiego.

Thank you MTGOX support. I gave you my MTGOX username and right away you started to process some my dwolla withdraws after reading this thread. I can't explain to you how much this means to me that you are addressing this so quickly. This will help me extremely and wire bank wire transfers I'm sure will be done soon also.
dirtydiego
MTGOX AML verified member

You and many people yesterday has been "Cleared", we are continuing to push things forward.

We know that the situation is not ideal lately for some of our users, and I can't stress enough that it only affect a limited number of users, we are working like hell to fix this so please bear with us on this one.

Regards

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
dirtydiego (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:11:57 AM

Thank you so much team MTGOX for coming through thank you so much
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:05:46 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 05:17:51 AM by Unacceptable

Well,I lost $200,somehow my account was hacked (no password changed,I was able to login) & they bought coins with my cash & away they went.MTgox returned my email & said tough titties.

Thank you for your inquiry. We would recommend you to change your password as soon as possible. Unfortunately, bitcoin transactions are irreversible and we can not refund any amount of the stolen funds. As a business if Mt.Gox were to offer you a cash or bitcoin refund in compensation of this extremely unfortunate event, there would be a large increase in the number of hacking attempts to capitalize upon the possibility of financial reward.

As a further remedy, if you wish to retrieve your funds, we ask that you file a police report for the stolen goods. It is preferable for the police to inspect your computer, but not necessary. Once this investigation has occurred and a copy of the police report issued, please send a copy of it along with a notarized copy of your passport or Government issued photo ID to Mt.Gox and have the police contact us so that we can cooperate with their investigation by providing any requested information.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed, and again we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

Once the bitcoins are sent out, we are unable to retrieve them unless it is an Mt.Gox address and the address where your bitcoins were withdrawn to does not appear to be an Mt.Gox address and therefore, we are unable to get them back for you. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused and please let us know if you would require any further assistance regarding this matter.

So word to the wise: DO NOT keep a large amount of coins in your account.

I'll be using another exchange.

P.S. my PC is very secure.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: