Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:54:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] N33D W33D MMJ Growing Op  (Read 5426 times)
mollison

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 03:46:34 AM

Allowing such assets to list on GLBSE in it's current state would be an unacceptable risk for GLBSE, all it's users and it's operators, and as a result is not something that I could approve.

As a GLBSE user, thank you for this.  Wink

I am sure a great many other users share this sentiment.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 03:51:58 AM

Allowing such assets to list on GLBSE in it's current state would be an unacceptable risk for GLBSE, all it's users and it's operators, and as a result is not something that I could approve.

As a GLBSE user, thank you for this.  Wink

I am sure a great many other users share this sentiment.

Agreed. If nothing else the OP has some ideas for how to run things now.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:11:22 AM

My own personal stance on MJ and drugs in general is that , though I myself don't use them, I see no reason why I should stop anyone else from doing so.

From a professional stance I need to consider GLBSE's users and asset issuers, I believe that such assets would bring unwelcome attention to GLBSE from various government agencies around the world and would in all probability result in myself being imprisoned (whether I would stay there or not I don't know), the GLBSE.com domain being seized as well as our servers (although we've got backups, it's going to be hard for me to do anything with them from prison).

As others have mentioned in this thread earlier, an investment group that is very careful could serve this purpose.

The only exchange that would be able to handle such an asset without getting shutdown is one thats running on a darknet (such as Tor/I2P).

Nefario

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 08:59:35 AM

I still would invest Just because its something different.. Pity its going to have to be private.

Same as nefario I don't use drugs. But If I can make money and its kinda legal why not.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 09:07:07 AM

This will be a good asset for a p2p exchange.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 09:38:03 AM

But If I can make money and its kinda legal why not.

'kinda' legal? Better hope they are not illegal or it could constitute a conspiracy because the investment would be an overt act and you could get the same length of jail time as the perpetuator or, in other words, co-conspirator.

GLBSE, as long as it sticks to only listing legal operations, as is discussed in this thread is probably completely legal under the new crowdsourced investment act.

Snapman (OP)

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 07:31:54 AM

Considering either an attempt on cryptostocks.com or through a private investment type setup. Unless some sort of p2p trading system comes out soon.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 07:46:31 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2012, 12:28:12 PM by Snapman

If pirate can pull it off by calling his operation a bank (who the fuck knows what the money was really spent on, for all we know he could have been using the funds to run a string of meth labs across the eastern seaboard, or for shipping slave brides from russia & china over to the states), and telling nobody a damn thing except to expect 7% per week, and succeed?!?!?... shit then i know what i need to do.

RENAMED: N33D GR33N MJ Banking Opportunities Tongue

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 12:22:17 PM

If pirate can pull it off by calling his operation a bank (who the fuck knows what the money was really spent on, for all we know he could have been using the funds to run a string of meth labs across the eastern seaboard, or for shipping slave brides from russia & china over to the states), and telling nobody a damn thing except to expect 7% per week, shit then i know what i need to do.

RENAMED: N33D GR33N MJ Banking Opportunity Tongue
You could call it HOBBY.FARM rather than something so overt. No one needs to know what it is you are "farming".

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 12:48:57 PM

If pirate can pull it off by calling his operation a bank (who the fuck knows what the money was really spent on, for all we know he could have been using the funds to run a string of meth labs across the eastern seaboard, or for shipping slave brides from russia & china over to the states), and telling nobody a damn thing except to expect 7% per week, shit then i know what i need to do.

RENAMED: N33D GR33N MJ Banking Opportunity Tongue
You could call it HOBBY.FARM rather than something so overt. No one needs to know what it is you are "farming".

I could, but then when people start asking for details on the business plan and all the inner details, then you have a problem. Unless i just copy and paste pirates IPO launch details, then maybe ill have a chance.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:05:47 PM

i2p or Tor is do-able using an Open Transactions server...

I'd mention some such servers were it not that people might then think I run them; on the other hand if people don't think they know who runs them would they trust them?

Well the nice thing about Open Transactions is it is really the issuer of the asset, not the operator of the server on which it is traded, that people need to trust. Maybe we can get you set up with a server you run yourself in your greenhouse?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:44:09 PM

Holy hell, i blink my eyes, and 10 more mining operations pop up. All of them are just people trying to get the community to buy BFL equipment for them.... Whether it be more FGPAs or ASICs.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:51:56 PM

i would have to really get my read on for all of it, hopefully its not too complicated. The harder it is for investors to reach the system, the less likely they will buy.

That is where brokers / brokerages come in maybe?

Afterall its hard to get a seat on the New York Stock Exchange, yet joe public still managed to get hold of shares traded there...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 03:03:08 PM

No shareholder is liable for the actions of this organization, or anyone who performs any action or task for this organization. No shareholder is liable for any debt that this organization takes on. The limit of liability of a shareholder is solely limited to the capital already invested in this organization when this share was purchased, and no further. Shareholders may not vote out the CEO as this position is permanent.

Anyone who is willfully involved in any entity which operates in illegal ventures (state or federal) can ALWAYS be found liable. This includes individuals providing resources (in this case, capital) to engage specifically in illegal activities.

You can not create a contract that completely waives this aspect of liability.

Please, do some serious research before heading into a venture such as this. You need to be sure you can protect yourself and investors.

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

I might as well just lie my ass off, it seems to work best for the rest of these securities/banks/ponzischemes & fucking everything else

We're a group of local growers, investing in local farmers to grow strawberrys....

The End. (or is it) Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:42:26 AM

See, this is what happens when you don't put your trust in herb, you get scammed by pirates... :O

Have fun collecting funds from that.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:46:28 AM

I might as well just lie my ass off, it seems to work best for the rest of these securities/banks/ponzischemes & fucking everything else

We're a group of local growers, investing in local farmers to grow strawberrys....

The End. (or is it) Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Tomato plants are better.

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:52:10 AM

Or how about this...

"Invest In The Hidden Realms Of R&D"

Now what i as define r&d, and what the rest of the world may define it as may differ Tongue Throw your money into a black hole and hope something comes back out.... then all i need is some retarded trade handle like PPT-POOFOOD or something.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 08:04:24 AM

Or how about this...

Now what i as define r&d, and what the rest of the world may define it as may differ Tongue Throw your money into a black hole and hope something comes back out.... then all i need is some retarded trade handle like PPT-POOFOOD or something.

lol. Theres plenty of  assets that basically just say "give me your money and youre fucked if I spend it on hookers and blow"

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:23:35 PM

Or how about this...

lol. Theres plenty of  assets that basically just say "give me your money and youre fucked if I spend it on hookers and blow"

and they have the nerve to call me a bad influence on bitcoin, rifk

like 95% of network traffic is gambling (illegal in the states), and silkroad (illegal all over the world)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: