Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning Re: MtGox/Dwolla -- $$ Disappeared.  (Read 4478 times)
Scummy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 02:39:08 PM

nice ! so whining does work on the forum

Yes and lets all reflect on how stupid and unhelpful steven is. where is he? lol

Suck my balls Steven

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 09:01:25 PM

nice ! so whining does work on the forum

Yes and lets all reflect on how stupid and unhelpful steven is. where is he? lol

Glad you got access to your funds.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 09:09:48 PM

The money was finally deposited and was converted to BTC and withdrawn with no further verification and it seems this has happened for others in this situation as well.  Let's hope this is the start of a more responsive and customer-respecting MtGox.

Great to hear.

So do you plan to deposit Dwolla at Mt. Gox (without having your Mt. Gox account verified) again in the future?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 09:14:09 PM

The best I can tell, this is more likely a one-time pass for people whose deposits crossed paths with a new policy.  I wouldn't plan on trading with MtGox - especially using Dwolla - without making sure they are completely satisfied with your identity.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
MtGoxStoleMyMoney (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 10:55:45 PM

So do you plan to deposit Dwolla at Mt. Gox (without having your Mt. Gox account verified) again in the future?

Of course not.  As stated in my original post - if that policy had been advertised at the time of my last deposit I wouldn't have made it.  Thanks to the folks on this thread for the suggestions on alternate exchanges.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 04:41:37 AM

i only use mtgox if i want to do arbitrage, i deposit BTC, wait for price to go up, sell , use dollars to buy btc again and take out all btc

That's a funny definition of arbitrage there.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Scummy

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:52:53 AM

Sorry steven for the insults, but I feel you owe us something for your negativity.

I for one will not be using mtgox anymore, can we be real here? some Americans know the dollar is going to shit and do not want our hard earn money to go down with it. Our government degrades  this country daily.
billions of fraud in our tax refund system, some lady was givin 2.1 million on a prepaid card. Our gov. wants us poor and wants us to completely depend on them.

BTW im not insinuating anything, but can I get a hell yeah
Brassguy

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:16:25 AM

Total newb here... I still have like $5 at mtgox and .3BTC.... they can have it. After reading about the horror stories of people trying to get money out of mtgox I started searching around for another exchange. I created an account over at bitfloor to test everything out. On June 11th I sold 2BTC. Around 7:30pm I requested a $10 withdrawal. It was pending/hitting my bank account the next morning (june 12th). No Joke.

I'm gonna try out the cash deposit option they have soon. I'll report back.

I hope Bitfloor succeeds....

Just my .02BTC

Flame away....

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 05:04:15 PM

It's getting *so* bad, I mean, one of the attractions--I thought--of using bitcoins, was so we could have a bit of anonymity...instead, now, it takes more id to get btc than it does real cash.  And I have total sympathy for poster...once you start down their 'verification' rabbit hole, it's gets truly spooky, as people don't seem to understand: they often don't *accept* your uploaded pictures, but don't really tell you that, so you end up in a sort of limbo with your own money.

This very thing started happening to me, so I did try to upload some pictures of driver's license, voter reg, all stuff I'd be frightened to get publicized...and after I uploaded???  Well...nothing happened to be honest...did they accept them, did they refuse them...are they 'thinking' about it?   I don't know...do you?   

See, MtGox holds all the cards, even when you try to do what they want...and then, worse nightmare, I figure, what the hell, I'll just go thru bitinstant to mtgox, I'm tired of this...and then I initiate that, u know, dwolla>bitinstant>mtgox ...ready to do just about anything to get my $500 out of dwolla--where it's useless--and in to somewhere I can get btc...

But then, in the middle of btc transaction, all of a sudden up pops a screen saying I'm not verified enough with--get this--*Dwolla!*--who I"have been using since, well since TradeHill days...and so I do the same thing on Dwolla, uplolad these pictures of vital docs...and they say, well, it'll be two business days...or something like that....

Well, here I am, a couple days later, no progress, but worse yet, how *unprofessional* all this is, and how rude these different places are with us...I mean, sure they have their defenders, and on good days, I've defended them too, but honestly, btc, the buying and selling of it, has become such a seller's market, and they treat us all as if we were gangster ripoff artists, rather than simply people who actually bought into the notion of a new currency not subject to all the repressive rules and regulations the 'old' currency was...but the party's over...I'll just take my lumps, put my dwolla money back in US currency, and be done with this madness...too bad, too sad, was a good idea when it started, but just progressively got worse and worse in its realization....
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 06:32:40 PM

To MtGox's credit they're still here.

All of this stuff should make it pretty easy for the free market to develop viable competition, but nevertheless that has not happened for whatever reason(s).  Starting a Bitcoin exchange has to be risky business - not so much in terms of actual risk, but just that it's such new territory that the risk is unknowable in advance, and it certainly doesn't help that much of MtGox's former competition has simply shut down.  So I have to hand it to MtGox for still being the leading Bitcoin exchange.

That doesn't mean that the way MtGox does business is ideal, but it also doesn't mean that MtGox's way of doing business is any intrinisic property of Bitcoin.  It just means they have balls big enough to be willing to be a lightning rod for whatever fight comes Bitcoin's way.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
xaidin

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 10:04:36 PM

Scary Stuff.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: