Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is Thriving  (Read 2030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:13:52 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 05:08:02 PM by AT101ET

Litecoin is thriving albeit slowly.
I think we've hit the floor and from here on out we can just expect a gradual increase.
We've got a dedicated group on the Litecoin Association doing all they can to help our coin grow.

What do you think?

BUY! HODL!

Smiley

Edit: All opinions welcome. Just try not to start spreading some FUD.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:23:22 AM

I was a strong litecoin holder in 2013, but sold all in February 2014.

The reason why I sold is all the altcoins that was launched.
I think there was launched at least one new altcoin every week in the beginning of the year.
If you look at altcoin as one market, then was all the new coins basically a huge inflation in terms of generated coins, which must impact the price of litecoin.

When that is said, I like litecoins since it has (most of the time) a stable value and the tools (litecoin core and andriod application) works really good.
I would not hesitate to take litecoin as payment in a trade, since I am fairly sure it would not fluctuate more than a few percent in the time frame where the trade is initiated and to the time where I can exchange them for bitcoins.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:32:46 AM

litecoin still has a unique function in the bigger ecosystem of altcoins. I do hold some. I don't like the high inflation but who gives a flying.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

Please don't ask "What do you think?" if you simply delete all opinions but yours in your moderated thread.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:13:56 PM

Please don't ask "What do you think?" if you simply delete all opinions but yours in your moderated thread.

+1
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:53:44 PM

Yes, ideally I'd like a thread where all opinions can be voiced. However, another thread on here is already purposely aimed at putting LTC down.
It's a super LTC FUD thread. I've posted numerous times and the slightest positivity has resulted in my post being deleted. From here on out I'll agree to not delete your opinions as long as they are not just plainly FUD.
I apologise.
Should you repost I shall respect it.
pikuchato

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

Yes, ideally I'd like a thread where all opinions can be voiced. However, another thread on here is already purposely aimed at putting LTC down.
It's a super LTC FUD thread. I've posted numerous times and the slightest positivity has resulted in my post being deleted. From here on out I'll agree to not delete your opinions as long as they are not just plainly FUD.
I apologise.
Should you repost I shall respect it.

+1

Tongue
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 05:21:06 PM

AT, I would like to hear your opinion about litecoin.
Do you think it is worth jumping in again? (I will do it if you arguments are good).

Bansheroom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:21:16 PM

Lets try the other way round. You said that you feel litecoin reached bottom. Can you explain why?

Is there any serious development going on regarding the coin itself or merchant acceptance?

For me, there are many coins with more features, many with faster transfers and many with faster development speed.
How will litecoin compete with them? Some weeks from now and hashcoin will be out, its very likely that hashcoin has a much higher market-cap than litecoin from the start.
It will almost certainly have higher merchant adoption as well. This will drive litecoin price further down i think and it will have to struggle to keep in top 5 coins next year.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

I don't see why Litecoin should ever rise again. It has absolutely no advantage over other alts other than Chinese investment capital. I cashed out @ .03 and am happy I did so. Litecoin was great an opened the alt market for what came next. I think many in the crypto community should learn to let it go... and instead hop in on the truly revolutionary projects like Bitshares, Nxt, Ethereum, Storj, Filecoin, Stellar, Gridcoin... the list goes on.
I saw you deleted my post. Sorry, no FUD was intended. I was trying to get a discussion started.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:40:09 PM

Lets try the other way round. You said that you feel litecoin reached bottom. Can you explain why?

Is there any serious development going on regarding the coin itself or merchant acceptance?

For me, there are many coins with more features, many with faster transfers and many with faster development speed.
How will litecoin compete with them? Some weeks from now and hashcoin will be out, its very likely that hashcoin has a much higher market-cap than litecoin from the start.
It will almost certainly have higher merchant adoption as well. This will drive litecoin price further down i think and it will have to struggle to keep in top 5 coins next year.

This is an interesting point about Hashcoin. It will either be a great success or fizzle out like ripple did. Myself, I recently invested in several of the original Lealana 10LTC sets. I think LTC will rebound as well as BTC in the next few months.

Does anyone know what features Litecoin devs are working on?
pikuchato

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

Litecoin might still be the most accepted altcoin (just because a lot of businesses automatically accepted it with bitcoin)
It even might be the most growing altcoin by new business that accept it.

I have no clue how to check if this is correct Smiley
Bansheroom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:49:35 PM

This is an interesting point about Hashcoin. It will either be a great success or fizzle out like ripple did. Myself, I recently invested in several of the original Lealana 10LTC sets. I think LTC will rebound as well as BTC in the next few months.

Does anyone know what features Litecoin devs are working on?

Have you seen that hashcoin decided not to premine but compete with other miners to get the coins for their ICO?
You cant compare that to ripple, and ripple is still no 2 even if they suffered more than a bit over the last year.

Back to topic: A good source on what is planned with litecoin is something im looking for too.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 05:53:38 PM

Looked quickly at this "hashcoin" (never heard about it before), lots of hostility in that thread...

Bansheroom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:01:34 PM

If you look for real info about hashcoin better have a look here:

https://hashtalk.org , https://hashcoin.com/

The thread here at bitcointalk about it is full of old info and FUD.

edit: Best info about litecoin development i can find is here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22039.0
Solid but in no way innovative or exciting.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:02:01 PM

I like the idea of retrofitting it to work with the current CC system, but I am concerned about pegging it to the dollar. I am also a bit concerned with Hashcoin being a product of a specific company rather than a decentralized community.

Back to Litecoin, are there devs out there working on new cool features? I assume there are but I have not pored through Litecointalk to find them.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 06:12:08 PM

edit: Best info about litecoin development i can find is here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22039.0

What happens when the devs runs away with the 1/3 fiat backup?

Bansheroom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

The devs are a multi-millon dollar company and the ICO is backed by real banks.
Very little chance that they run away.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:34:17 PM

The devs are a multi-millon dollar company and the ICO is backed by real banks.
Very little chance that they run away.

Yes, but will they get shut down for creating a currency backed by the US dollar? Remember, liberty dollar? http://www.gata.org/node/14697

Part of the reason that BTC and LTC are tolerated in many countries is that they are not backed by any fiat currency.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

I would love to see some of the innovation going on with new cryptos be incorporated into Litecoin.

Edit: such as VOIP calling feature, increase in anonymity for wallets and transactions, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: