Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 04:38:46 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions?  (Read 172300 times)
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:24:44 PM

Do you think it's better to use the new amd 480x or the 1070 for a dedicated btcrecover setup? with my setup maxed out (bigger increase in perf came from overclocking the cpu and ram) I only do around 700p/s...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:46:38 PM

Little update: do you think it's better a 1060 or a 480x for btcrecover? the 1070 is a little bit too expansive. Why would one perform better? does the size of the ram on the card has much influence? thanks in advance...

btchris

Activity: 630

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 10:49:25 PM

Little update: do you think it's better a 1060 or a 480x for btcrecover? the 1070 is a little bit too expansive. Why would one perform better?
I'm afraid I don't know enough about OpenCL to say which architecture is better... I'll give you what little I do have though.

These are P/s rates from a Bitcoin Classic/XT/Core wallet with an iteration count of 67908.

• 1x 560 Ti: 1070 P/s
  • 2x 560 Ti: 2110 P/s
  • 1x R9 390: 4470 P/s

(the test numbers for other wallet types are here)

It's an apples-to-oranges comparison, but I'd guess that it points to AMD architecture at being better for this... but it's just a wild guess.

does the size of the ram on the card has much influence? thanks in advance...
For Classic/XT/Core, VRAM makes practically no difference (you just need 64 x --global-ws bytes). For Armory, it makes a big difference.

Edit: I just noticed an old thread by you.... if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, but in the mean time:

By adding the "--delimiter *" option, "*" is now used as the delimiter between tokens, instead of spaces. This means you can use:
  • %[ _] - a single space or underscore (note the space before the _, it may be hard to see)
  • %0,1[ _] - 0 - 1 single spaces or underscores, e.g. a single space or underscore or nothing at all

Hope it helps.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:11:59 PM

Little update: do you think it's better a 1060 or a 480x for btcrecover? the 1070 is a little bit too expansive. Why would one perform better?
I'm afraid I don't know enough about OpenCL to say which architecture is better... I'll give you what little I do have though.

These are P/s rates from a Bitcoin Classic/XT/Core wallet with an iteration count of 67908.

• 1x 560 Ti: 1070 P/s
  • 2x 560 Ti: 2110 P/s
  • 1x R9 390: 4470 P/s

(the test numbers for other wallet types are here)

It's an apples-to-oranges comparison, but I'd guess that it points to AMD architecture at being better for this... but it's just a wild guess.

does the size of the ram on the card has much influence? thanks in advance...
For Classic/XT/Core, VRAM makes practically no difference (you just need 64 x --global-ws bytes). For Armory, it makes a big difference.

Edit: I just noticed an old thread by you.... if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, but in the mean time:

By adding the "--delimiter *" option, "*" is now used as the delimiter between tokens, instead of spaces. This means you can use:
  • %[ _] - a single space or underscore (note the space before the _, it may be hard to see)
  • %0,1[ _] - 0 - 1 single spaces or underscores, e.g. a single space or underscore or nothing at all

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much btchris! Yes it does... it's really a great challenge to unlock this password with your software. Sadly right now I don't have enough hashing power Sad

So I will update with a custom R9 480x; test and ROI on it. If the results are equal to a R9 390 build a rig (2 or 4) and then, full hashing to crack this F?#@4 password!

thanks again and good luck to all of you in the same situation Wink.

PieCrafted

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:56:06 PM

You need to navigate to the directory first.

The folder you're currently in is shown before the cursor, i.e.
C:\Users\John> _

If you type "cd bitcoins", your current directory would be set to "C:\Users\John\bitcoins". To go back up a directory, type "cd ..", i.e. to "C:\Users\".

You need to set your current directory to the folder where feathercoin-qt.exe is located. If it helps, on my system that folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Feathercoin.

SP4RK7, I've tested it and I get a similar error. Currently trying to figure out what I've done wrong, will post in here soon.
.m.

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 03:07:46 PM

Any results for latest Nvidia GPUs ?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 03:30:19 PM

Any results for latest Nvidia GPUs ?

Very interested too. Would love to see what a amd 480x can do vs a 1070 or 1060. The Amd has more processing unites, and the ram are the same... however it seems that the nvidias hash more. If anyone has the time to do a quick test it would be greatly appreciated.

r.o.o.t

Activity: 98

http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 03:47:43 PM

I can test with GTX1070.
This one mentions Experimental GPU acceleration,
but I'd rather have binaries and steps 1) 2) 3) what to do.

..-- ▰▰ DECRED.ORG ▰▰ --..
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:05:18 PM

I can test with GTX1070.
This one mentions Experimental GPU acceleration,
but I'd rather have binaries and steps 1) 2) 3) what to do.

OHHHH that would be just awesome. there is all the softwares you need to run btcrecover : https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md and if you look at the end there are those needed to activate the gpu.

Will it break the 10kp/s ?

SteeleJay

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:03:33 AM

Ok, so this thread gets a blast to the past.

Running Ubuntu 16.04, Bitcoin Core, encrypted wallet - I know the passphrase, I must have just fat fingered it twice in exactly the same way, which I have been unable to duplicate.

Followed Revalin's instructions from pages 2-4, however I cannot get the brute.rb to copy to the usr/bin folder, which is where I THINK it goes. That's where the bitcoin-qt app is and Revalin indicated the brute.rb file needed to be where the Bitcoin app was located.

No matter what variation of "sudo su" [password] "sudo cp ~/home/username/Bitcoin ~/usr/bin I try, I get, "cannot stat 'blah/blah/blah (path): No such file or directory

I cannot drag the file the the usr/bin folder because of the permission issue (goddam linux needs an override for that).

Help would be truly appreciated.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 421

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 02:33:28 AM

Ok, so this thread gets a blast to the past.

Running Ubuntu 16.04, Bitcoin Core, encrypted wallet - I know the passphrase, I must have just fat fingered it twice in exactly the same way, which I have been unable to duplicate.

Followed Revalin's instructions from pages 2-4, however I cannot get the brute.rb to copy to the usr/bin folder, which is where I THINK it goes. That's where the bitcoin-qt app is and Revalin indicated the brute.rb file needed to be where the Bitcoin app was located.

No matter what variation of "sudo su" [password] "sudo cp ~/home/username/Bitcoin ~/usr/bin I try, I get, "cannot stat 'blah/blah/blah (path): No such file or directory

I cannot drag the file the the usr/bin folder because of the permission issue (goddam linux needs an override for that).

Help would be truly appreciated.

I will recommend you to use https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover, read the entire tutorial and I'm pretty sure that will work.

Cheers.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
larzer

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Hey there!

I don't know if this is the right place to post/ask. Let me know if it isn't, but here we go:

I downloaded Bither on my iPhone, saved the seed code and the password on my PC - then it died and I wasn't able to save any data (yes this is stupid and I have no one else to blame but myself, so we can skip that part Smiley ). Now password is lost and I have bitcoins stuck in my Bither account. I have still access to the wallett but obviously can't send the money out because I don't have password. I do have an idea what the password might be - is it somehow possible to use brute force on my phone?

If someone can help me figure this out, I'll give them 1 BTC.

Thanks for the help!
r.o.o.t

Activity: 98

http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 05:22:32 PM

I can try my best, I already promised to test GTX1070, but I did not have a time. Please let me know if the help is still needed.

..-- ▰▰ DECRED.ORG ▰▰ --..
GoldTiger69

Activity: 421

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 05:58:57 PM

Hey there!

I don't know if this is the right place to post/ask. Let me know if it isn't, but here we go:

I downloaded Bither on my iPhone, saved the seed code and the password on my PC - then it died and I wasn't able to save any data (yes this is stupid and I have no one else to blame but myself, so we can skip that part Smiley ). Now password is lost and I have bitcoins stuck in my Bither account. I have still access to the wallett but obviously can't send the money out because I don't have password. I do have an idea what the password might be - is it somehow possible to use brute force on my phone?

Thanks for the help!

I would try first to recover the saved seed and password from the "dead" computer, because probably the hard drive is still usable/recoverable.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
achow101

Activity: 882

16mT7jrpkjnJBD7a3TM2awyxHub58H6r6Z

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 09:46:14 PM

Hey there!

This is not the right place to post. Make a new thread. It belongs in the Alternative Clients section of Development and Technical Discussion.

Thanks for the help!
First try doing hard drive recovery on your PC. If your hard drive did not fail, it should still be possible to recover your data.

Bither obviously has the wallet file stored somewhere. It should be possible to brute force the wallet to recover your password. Since you have an idea of what the password is, it isn't entirely impossible to brute force it.

I will be locking this thread because it is old, way OT now, and easily hijacked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.