Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Selling online never been easier thanks to Mt.Gox's new “Pay Now” button!  (Read 3911 times)
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:00:43 AM

Press Release = https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120531b.html
Video = https://vimeo.com/43018430

TOKYO - JAPAN - May 31, 2012 - After the successful launch of our first e-Commerce API we are now proud to announce our first dual pricing checkout button for a fast and easy way for you to accept Bitcoins payments on any existing website or other online service accepting HTML or BB Code.

Available to all Mt.Gox account owners this new service is tailored for any one interested in reselling goods or any personal items online whenever they want!

Sell your products online now!
Accessible via the user account page through the Mt.Gox Checkout Button page, the Button Generator interface will guide you step by step through the process of creating a unique payment button that will fit perfectly on any web page whether personal or professional.

To create your first button, just enter a selling price in either USD, EUR, JPY or in Bitcoin, a unique description of what you are selling and you are done! Of course in order to get the best out of your Payment button we also included some optional basic features including email notification as well as a very handy Autosale mode that will automatically sell the Bitcoin you receive in your Mt.Gox account's default currency at market price.

Should you set your selling price in USD or any other traditional currency, the Checkout Button will automatically display in real time the actual value of the product you are selling in both Bitcoin and the selected currency. Please note that at this time the dual price feature is not fully supported by Internet Explorer 9.

Need to get more out of your Button?
Rest assured that advanced users have not been forgotten here as well! By choosing “Advanced Settings”, you can tweak your button's Return URL, Cancel URL, add Custom Datas as well as being able to add your IPN Address.

Dual Pricing, now a reality!
To help make the transition to Bitcoin easier for your customers, we added a unique “Dual Pricing” feature that will automatically show your price in both Bitcoin and in any other currency currently supported by Mt.Gox!

Regards,
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Media Contacts
press@mtgox.com

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:55:24 AM

Very nice work, lots of good press releases from Mt. Gox today.

One problem though, although I imagine it's by design - this button, & the Magneto plugin, only allow payment through Mt. Gox - there's no place to send Bitcoins directly.

Is this (centralization/"lock-in") the direction your product is heading? Do you want to be another PayPal?

Or will you add an option to pay with Bitcoins directly, not through Mt. Gox?

What's the strategy here?

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:02:46 AM

Very nice work, lots of good press releases from Mt. Gox today.

One problem though, although I imagine it's by design - this button, & the Magneto plugin, only allow payment through Mt. Gox - there's no place to send Bitcoins directly.

Is this (centralization/"lock-in") the direction your product is heading? Do you want to be another PayPal?

Or will you add an option to pay with Bitcoins directly, not through Mt. Gox?

So far the system only works via Mt.Gox, which is why we can guarantee instant payment when both parties (Buyer and Seller) own a Mt.Gox account. This said. Buyers do not need to have an Mt.Gox account, only seller is required too. So you can accept any bitcoin customers regardless of where they store their bitcoins.

Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:09:08 AM

Our strategy here is to make sure that Bitcoin as a whole continue to grow. Any bitcoin transactions you do via our system is free of fees. A buyer pay in BTC, a seller recieve BTC. as simple as that. Now if the merchant want to change his/her BTC into USD, EUR... well the usual Mt.Gox fees apply with 0.6% at max when you "cash out". It is difficult to be more aggressive when it comes to payment online payment methods.

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 05:14:01 AM

Buyers do not need to have an Mt.Gox account, only seller is required too. So you can accept any bitcoin customers regardless of where they store their bitcoins.

How does this work exactly?

Is there a demo store I can try?

I'm trying to login to Mt. Gox right now to test this, but my login doesn't work, and my Reset Password email either doesn't work or take a long time to get to me.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:32:07 AM

I'm trying to login to Mt. Gox right now to test this, but my login doesn't work, and my Reset Password email either doesn't work or take a long time to get to me.

First contact the support for your password problem, just in case, better safe than sorry! Also as soon as you login use our new security center to use our new OTP system.

Now,

Buyers do not need to have an Mt.Gox account, only seller is required too. So you can accept any bitcoin customers regardless of where they store their bitcoins.

How does this work exactly?

Is there a demo store I can try?

Watch this video http://vimeo.com/38342982 and it is explained at around 1 minutes 40 seconds. We have to come with a demo Store that will not "Charge you". I am going to check that can be done.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:54:53 AM

Is it possible to see/edit buttons after you've created them?
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:01:44 AM

Is it possible to see/edit buttons after you've created them?

As for today there is now way for your to get an history of the created Buttons. This feature will be added soon.

Dice

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:05:56 AM

Sounds great. So I can set up a product to be priced in USD, will the customer purchase the item in USD? If so how? Is there credit card processing or a bank transfer page?

Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:15:34 AM

Sounds great. So I can set up a product to be priced in USD, will the customer purchase the item in USD? If so how? Is there credit card processing or a bank transfer page?

The USD here is just for "Information Only". We made the dual pricing system in order to ease the transition from USD/EUR/YEN to BTC. A bit like what happened in Europe with the Euro when stores offered dual pricing in order to help people to get used to EUR.

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 10:29:03 AM

Can you show that the price is X percent cheaper when you use Bitcoins?

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 10:51:36 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 11:43:30 PM by Vladimir

This is a good thing that mtgox has launched such a service, prices are competitive too and likely will cause competitors to reconsider their pricing. Competition is a good thing.

As a merchant who would like to use such services I have some things to worry about with this mtgox's solution. Here are rumours and reports of mtgox being rather very slow parting with fiat money lately (i.e. fiat withdrawals are taking way too long).

Could please mtgox comment on how quickly and how reliably merchants can withdraw fiat from mtgox. Please describe a typical scenario and costs involved for a merchant that would like to convert 100% of sales into say GBP and sweep it to their bank account on daily or weekly basis.

How long would it take?
Which risks merchants run here?
Are there terms and conditions for merchants?
If someone pays with "tainted" coins to merchant, will merchant run risk of mtgox doing it's usual PI trick and freezing/confiscating merchants money?

I do want to use mtgox's shopping cart solutions since the claimed top line pricing is attractive. However, I am worried about the mentioned above potential costs and risks enough to not jumping into it just yet.

-
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:44:31 AM

Nice work!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:54:13 AM

holymoly, this is the bees knees.

only nitpick:

may we please have the option to use the BID or VWAP or LOW or w/e at will?
I'd love to use the VWAP for example as I trade large amounts of BTC and the VWAP is generally a better indicator of the price and also takes the possibility to manipulate the spread when placing an order.
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 08:45:25 PM

looks good, what about a donation button as well?
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 08:53:11 PM

As a merchant who would like to use such services I have some things to worry about with this mtgox's solution. Here are rumours and reports of mtgox being rather very slow parting with fiat money lately (i.e. fiat withdrawals are taking way too long).

If someone pays with "tainted" coins to merchant, will merchant run risk of mtgox doing it's usual PI trick and freezing/confiscating merchants money?

+1

MtGox where is your SAS 70 / SSAE 16?  Until MtGox takes this seriously, I am afraid I am having a hard time taking MtGox seriously.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:09:38 PM

Mt.Gox - The PayPal of Bitcoin

make of that what you will...
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:47:02 PM

have you seen paypal's fees?!

I think this is awesome
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:50:50 PM

have you seen paypal's fees?!

I think this is awesome

Mark my words. It is only a matter of time.
fm1234

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:01:32 PM

posted by Mt.Gox Support:
The USD here is just for "Information Only". We made the dual pricing system in order to ease the transition from USD/EUR/YEN to BTC. A bit like what happened in Europe with the Euro when stores offered dual pricing in order to help people to get used to EUR.

Best.  Feature.  Ever.   Displaying "fiat reference value" of transfers made a huge difference to digital gold currencies.  Hopefully this marks another milestone in BTC's uptake.

Frank
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: