Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BYTECENT DISASTER  (Read 19869 times)
BytecentTrader

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:37:28 PM

Let me correct your numbers IE since, like everything you post, are far from the FACTS.  You sold 150,000 byc but had to return the cost of more than 30,000 of those to the people that wanted out once they saw ghe "mining mess" you had gotten themselves into. So total is actually shy of 120,000. Now 60 days @ the promised and never met MAX of 1,440 coins per day mined will give you roughly another 85,000 coins for a total of just over 200,000 coins. Where did the other 120,000 go IE?
THAT'S the mess of BYC. The main one. The others, worse yet, are... well you and that peculiar trait consisting in both trying pathetically to paint failure as success while somehow manage to run, always, on the opposite direction of success. Like that gift card initiative.  Instead of pushing for merchant adoption you push for easy ways for people to buy a coin they dont want to get to btc that they can get at the atm, charging them with two unnecessary intermediaries.  Plas, plas, fucking plas. Like i said,  the exact opposite direction.

But keep on deluding yourself,  you are preaching to the same half a dozen choir who will be more and more embarrassed by seeing you posting here under yet another puppet the eternal, pathetic nonsense... while the project inevitably unravels.

WRONG AGAIN. Not IE I am from a different part of the world, and your numbers are WRONG. You never know what you are talking about and you just make shit up as you go along. You pulled those numbers out of your geriatric ass.

http://coinblab.com/forums/topic/38/crowdfund-over-now-the-journey-begins

159,907 coins were mined and given to ICO investors before the refund.

After the refund 14,006 coins were destroyed and burned by Bittrex.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/byc/tx.dws?71097.htm

That is a grand total of 145,901 in circulation before mining began you fucking idiot.

As I am writing there are 325,494 coins in total. 325,494 - 145,901 = 179593. 179,593 coins were mined to date.

You are also WRONG about how many coins are currently being mined per day. At the current difficulty 41 coins are being mined per hour. 41 x 24 = 984. Do the math yourself! https://chainz.cryptoid.info/byc/

The 1440 coins mined per day is an average calculated over the lifespan of the coin. Tomorrow the number of coins mined per day can be higher or even lower. You wouldn't understand because you are a fucking moron.

The only disaster here is you. Your acting career and your personal family life has been total disaster. This forum is your life. You are a bitter old man with no purpose in life but to belittle what others do. You are a little man that no one will remember.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spud3861

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:25:34 PM

I am a Bytecent supporter. I do not care anymore that the launch was less than perfect. The dev team is dedicated and creative.Following the route of other coins- quick buck, pump and dump was never the plan. Bytecent aims to change crypto for the better. People who know nothing about bitcointalk, trading, mining pools are the target users. We need to understand changing the way things are done is not easy and there will be issues along the way. Overall the Bytecent idea is brilliant in its simplicity and mass appeal. There arent many followers right now, yes, but give it time.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:28:07 AM

No amount of pathetic insults or other attempt at snake oil selling will hide the facts IE:

--Even through today, more than 2 months after launch,  a full 1/3 of the total coins out was mined illegitimately. Who has them? You? Your half a dozen followers?

--1440 was promised as a MAXIMUM.  Per day. Not average. No bullshit. A MAXIMUM. from day one. You LIED.

Now keep trying to sell your snake oil to those willing. Bang out job. You are taking the world of crypto by storm... amazing.

Sprout: that's the nature of the average investor in crypto. And the reason they are usually separated from their money. You want to "give it time"? Great. Its your money... soon to be no more.
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:16:35 PM

Well IE says look at block chain.. so let's look..
Current block is 184520. Mining 65 days. Minus ~10000 blocks at start, that's ~2685 coins mined per day. This also is not facts i guess.
WinkleSprinkle

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:44:33 PM

No amount of pathetic insults or other attempt at snake oil selling will hide the facts IE:

--Even through today, more than 2 months after launch,  a full 1/3 of the total coins out was mined illegitimately. Who has them? You? Your half a dozen followers?

--1440 was promised as a MAXIMUM.  Per day. Not average. No bullshit. A MAXIMUM. from day one. You LIED.

Now keep trying to sell your snake oil to those willing. Bang out job. You are taking the world of crypto by storm... amazing.

Sprout: that's the nature of the average investor in crypto. And the reason they are usually separated from their money. You want to "give it time"? Great. Its your money... soon to be no more.

People should have smelled this a mile away. Good on you bringing it to their attention.
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:47:52 AM

Hi all, I feel that I am a little late to the party on BCT, but figured id join up and at least make a post or two to start getting my post count up.  In full disclosure, I hold quite a bit of Bytecent (and other coins not relevant to this convo) that I both purchases at ICO, during the refund, and from trading. I also mined some, but not as much as I have purchased.

In all fairness, I agree that Bytecent has had its challenges, and will continue to do so, but so have many other coins. True scamcoins are born each week, (my noodlyapendage coin wallet actually synced last week for christs sake) but it is my personal belief that Bytecent is not one of them.

While the effectiveness of IE's ideas can be debated, the fact remains that he IS dedicated to the project. If you look at the charts, BYC is trading above ICO, there are nearly double the volume in bid than asks, and the price suppression seems to have ended. You may call it foolish and risky, but I would rather invest in a coin that at least HAS a known dev, that has remained active for well over 2 months.

Last I checked, scam artists don's stick around after the price falls, and they also don't offer refunds.   If people want to start crying about a scam, lets talk about cryptodouble, and the 2K+ BTC they made off with.  I bet anyone 100 BYC to find out who that/those devs are, and another 200 BYC they wont be offering any refunds.

I also understand the concerns about the wallet being closed source, but that was known from day 1, well before the ICO started. I personally don't have a problem with it. I also know that other peoples experiences may be different, but I have installed the latest wallet on several different hardware, and VM's, and have not been able to substantiate the claims of malware/addware that some have make. Sure, there are third party offers, Sure, I find that annoying in ANY installer, but there was always an option to opt out.  I accept that these are only my observations, but also please understand that I can only trust what I have personally seen and/or tested.

But, without further ado, have a good day, and don't rip my first post to pieces Smiley Prove your not as bad as some make BCT out to be.

JJ12880

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
BTCbtcLOVE

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:27:34 PM

I'm just going to follow up, the already mentioned from before, bytecent mining calculatot not true, as it was before, and i repeat, i checked before, and i commended the work of the IE team when it was ok, now is not true, i tested, some tests if anyone would, but i can assure you that you will you / we need 3-4x more time for 1 coin, but what it shows mining calculator, and, behold, i will sound about it, i have the full right to it ... so much on individual mining for now ...
BTCbtcLOVE

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:48:10 PM

can no longer even 1 coin to mining, a good GPU have IE ...
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:33:27 PM

And the chickens coming home to roost.... Inevitable.
Bojcha

Activity: 848

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:40:07 AM

Shame. Could be a good coin. But..
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:52:34 AM

Shame. Could be a good coin. But..

Yes, the potential was there. It was managed very poorly and, ultimately, very unfairly. It was do or die for IE and I am afraid, as usual, he went full harakiri.
Viecoin

Activity: 852

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:23:02 PM

Why is this coin pumping?
BTCbtcLOVE

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:23:48 PM

what a misfortune for this coin, it just digs ICONIC EXPERT with some gpu and I hope that we now all agree that superminer was his first day of ...
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:43:37 PM

So, not to dig up old bones, but looks like BYC got supper mined AGAIN. is that what, 3 times now? lolz

BTC Thread | Telegram
Bytecent

Activity: 789

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 12:00:26 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 01:31:26 PM by Bytecent

So, not to dig up old bones, but looks like BYC got supper mined AGAIN. is that what, 3 times now? lolz

And yet here you are. The fact you are posting on a thread that is nearly two years old tells me a lot about the type of person you are. You are acting petty and childish, and there was no point to your post. Bytecent was not super mined, and you should get your facts together before commenting. Someone installed the Bytecent client on their school's network with over 30+ PCs. Technically there is nothing wrong with that, but we do not feel it is fair to other miners who do not have access to "free resources". And the fact people are trying to find "clever" ways to mine Bytecent is a testament to what we are doing. There will always be a cat and mouse game to keep mining fair, and no one security solution is perfect. So we will continue to adapt and innovate so our users can continue to participate in the mining experience they have enjoyed for nearly 2 years.  I understand your feelings are hurt because I ended your distributed mining pool project, and now you are bitter, but I would suggest you get over it and focus on Radium. Hopefully Radium will be able to last as long as Bytecent and not fade into obscurity like most crypto projects.

JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:19:19 PM

Bytecent and not fade into obscurity like most crypto projects.

Hows things over at BYC?

BTC Thread | Telegram
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:42:19 AM

IE roasting bababa circa 2015 Smiley

Let me correct your numbers IE since, like everything you post, are far from the FACTS.  You sold 150,000 byc but had to return the cost of more than 30,000 of those to the people that wanted out once they saw ghe "mining mess" you had gotten themselves into. So total is actually shy of 120,000. Now 60 days @ the promised and never met MAX of 1,440 coins per day mined will give you roughly another 85,000 coins for a total of just over 200,000 coins. Where did the other 120,000 go IE?
THAT'S the mess of BYC. The main one. The others, worse yet, are... well you and that peculiar trait consisting in both trying pathetically to paint failure as success while somehow manage to run, always, on the opposite direction of success. Like that gift card initiative.  Instead of pushing for merchant adoption you push for easy ways for people to buy a coin they dont want to get to btc that they can get at the atm, charging them with two unnecessary intermediaries.  Plas, plas, fucking plas. Like i said,  the exact opposite direction.

But keep on deluding yourself,  you are preaching to the same half a dozen choir who will be more and more embarrassed by seeing you posting here under yet another puppet the eternal, pathetic nonsense... while the project inevitably unravels.

WRONG AGAIN. Not IE I am from a different part of the world, and your numbers are WRONG. You never know what you are talking about and you just make shit up as you go along. You pulled those numbers out of your geriatric ass.

http://coinblab.com/forums/topic/38/crowdfund-over-now-the-journey-begins

159,907 coins were mined and given to ICO investors before the refund.

After the refund 14,006 coins were destroyed and burned by Bittrex.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/byc/tx.dws?71097.htm

That is a grand total of 145,901 in circulation before mining began you fucking idiot.

As I am writing there are 325,494 coins in total. 325,494 - 145,901 = 179593. 179,593 coins were mined to date.

You are also WRONG about how many coins are currently being mined per day. At the current difficulty 41 coins are being mined per hour. 41 x 24 = 984. Do the math yourself! https://chainz.cryptoid.info/byc/

The 1440 coins mined per day is an average calculated over the lifespan of the coin. Tomorrow the number of coins mined per day can be higher or even lower. You wouldn't understand because you are a fucking moron.

The only disaster here is you. Your acting career and your personal family life has been total disaster. This forum is your life. You are a bitter old man with no purpose in life but to belittle what others do. You are a little man that no one will remember.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:08:04 AM

Someone suggested IE left the internet, so i figured Id post and see if he deleted my posts.

I am apparently a bad guy because i got miffed when he removed the basic "getmininginfo" RPC call from the wallet just to break my distributed mining pool, and then he said it was a mistake and would add them back in. So, i kept working on the code waiting for the RPC to be fixed, but never put them back WHILE KNOWING i was still writing code for the pool.  He later went on a #sayNOtopools campaign, which makes me think it was all pre-contemplated all along.

I'm banned from his thread, and blocked on twitter lol.

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:43:33 AM

Someone suggested IE left the internet, so i figured Id post and see if he deleted my posts.

I am apparently a bad guy because i got miffed when he removed the basic "getmininginfo" RPC call from the wallet just to break my distributed mining pool, and then he said it was a mistake and would add them back in. So, i kept working on the code waiting for the RPC to be fixed, but never put them back WHILE KNOWING i was still writing code for the pool.  He later went on a #sayNOtopools campaign, which makes me think it was all pre-contemplated all along.

I'm banned from his thread, and blocked on twitter lol.

JJ

No he hasn't left. He's still around and somehow trying to convince some people there's an actual use for this disaster of a coin project. The price has actually double recently because, supposedly, he is about to close deals with big companies that take "months" to come to fruition. Some, obviously, still believe in him and the project. As I posted all those months ago, it's an inevitable disaster that has cost money to those delusional initial investors and will continue costing money to those that believe there's a future in it.

One can only warn...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: