Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BYTECENT DISASTER  (Read 19869 times)
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:31:21 PM

Another TERRIBLE mistake IE. And so predictable too: A vote? a vote, in order to be even remotely close to fair, would require that ONLY those community members who INVESTED in the ICO, voted. What are going to vote the captcha-fillers that haven't invested a rted cent in the project and now have several hundreds FREE coins, to relaunch? To issue a refund?

This is you, IconicExpert, pretending to validate your opinion with a vote that will be responded to, mainly, by people that have no investment whatsoever in the project... and that will dump their captcha-filled coins as soon as the market opens regardless of the price. It's a ridiculous charade, one more.

On a separate note, whose are those 2 wallets with 346 and 292 addresses respectively?

Clean this shit and do what you KNOW perfectly well is to do the right thing, or this project is DOA. Enough jerking off already.

And more lies IE: I just checked it and on average it mines 13 coins per minute, 30% MORE than what you just posted it is mining. This at 2:37 PM, Pacific

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Minion

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:35:53 PM

Clean this shit and do what you KNOW perfectly well is to do the right thing, or this project is DOA. Enough jerking off already.

Soon it's time for the money shot!
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:50:49 PM

The vote is not a fair vote.  There are plenty of people that have been banned from the site due to comments that have been labeled as trolling or fud.  Some of those comments are neither yet we remain banned and unable to cast a vote.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:53:20 PM

The vote is not a fair vote.  There are plenty of people that have been banned from the site due to comments that have been labeled as trolling or fud.  Some of those comments are neither yet we remain banned and unable to cast a vote.

It isn't intended to be fair. It is intended to validate the fleecing of the investors and the personal opinion of IconicExpert that, as usual, is willfully unaware that he's performing his crypto harakiri.

I once thought this guy was intelligent... boy was I wrong on that count...
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:10:28 PM

hes trying to prevent biitrex from offering a refund by having a relaunch
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:46:38 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 11:59:48 PM by sdersdf3

Except for the fact that some people have said it, what evidence do you have that would indicate that they are the same person.

I'm definitely against lying scammers like IE, and I'm not a big fan of barbaras either, but as long as lies and rumors are spread around here without regard to the evidence, nobody will know who to believe.
Actually that would make sense  Grin (don't know, don't care if true), but IE nickname is definitely burned this time and with "supporter" of bytecent saying things aren't ok, that also gives him also the possibility to let the coin die right away...

Then Barabbas by denouncing the other nickname, the owner might just want to save this one, so it can use it to promote or create other scam coins.
Keep that in mind if a Barabbas IPO coin comes out   Grin (or if he wants to create another IPO to save bytecent investors)

Sadly, there are just no limits to the cynicism of crypto these days - I was wondering how IE could possibly be satisfied with a "mere" 80BTC when he was gunning for 1500BTC. Should've guessed he was aiming for another way to get those BTC if the ICO launch didnt work out as planned. Would not be surprised if he had what you describe above as a backup of a backup of his original plan.

Crypto "noobs" are catching on to all these whale games - it's why so many have left the altcoin markets.
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:49:23 PM

It isn't intended to be fair. It is intended to validate the fleecing of the investors and the personal opinion of IconicExpert that, as usual, is willfully unaware that he's performing his crypto harakiri.

Who runs Coinblab? IE?
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:00:18 AM

Who runs Coinblab? IE?

I don't think so. But whoever does, is quick to fill his requests since this is to me knowledge the first ICO launched with ANN thread over there and not on BTCT, so it amounts to the same thing. Again to my knowledge, none of the people banned there has done anything other than very comprehensibly and understandably, protest what were obvious, outrageous violations of the statement made by the dev (IE) in it's ICO offer.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:28:51 AM

Except for the fact that some people have said it, what evidence do you have that would indicate that they are the same person.

I'm definitely against lying scammers like IE, and I'm not a big fan of barbaras either, but as long as lies and rumors are spread around here without regard to the evidence, nobody will know who to believe.
Actually that would make sense  Grin (don't know, don't care if true), but IE nickname is definitely burned this time and with "supporter" of bytecent saying things aren't ok, that also gives him also the possibility to let the coin die right away...

Then Barabbas by denouncing the other nickname, the owner might just want to save this one, so it can use it to promote or create other scam coins.
Keep that in mind if a Barabbas IPO coin comes out   Grin (or if he wants to create another IPO to save bytecent investors)

Sadly, there are just no limits to the cynicism of crypto these days - I was wondering how IE could possibly be satisfied with a "mere" 80BTC when he was gunning for 1500BTC. Should've guessed he was aiming for another way to get those BTC if the ICO launch didnt work out as planned. Would not be surprised if he had what you describe above as a backup of a backup of his original plan.

Crypto "noobs" are catching on to all these whale games - it's why so many have left the altcoin markets.

I still believe he was trying to make his money mostly the old fashioned way: Earning it by investing (maybe part or all of those 80 BTC) nin the project, work on it, lead it and making in a success. I must be quite naive...

Not only that: I still think that is exactly what he'll do ... if he can put aside his disproportionate ego and concentrate on doing what is fair and right. I believe a relaunch is a very viable option and I believe that everyone that invested in the project will remain invested in it if he does it fairly and transparently. He may need another night to come to the inevitable conclusion though.

Then again, I am naive and believe most people are honest -except in crypto- by nature...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:26:12 AM

Or trying to cause a diversion from Blocknet ?

Paranoia ?

Want to see my PM's showing endlessly diversion lure bait attempts since OCT 31st ?

funny these guys crying Troll and FUD are running around Trolling and lying and playing games non stop.

h y p o c r i t e s ..to the highest order !

FUD first & ask questions later™
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:47:20 AM

Paranoia ?

Want to see my PM's showing endlessly diversion lure bait attempts since OCT 31st ?

funny these guys crying Troll and FUD are running around Trolling and lying and playing games non stop.

Uh?!?!?! Blocknet??? This is a very, very small project with a total of 80 BTC raised and probably some of it coming from IE's pockets... how could it be any distraction from Blocknet which is the biggest ICO of the last few weeks and involves a lot of crypto-experts and 100s of investors, fudders, shills, trolls, etc?

Me thinks you should try to lay low on the meds at this stage...
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:56:43 AM

this is real iconic expert coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=710215.0
Anise

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:05:08 AM

this is real iconic expert coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=710215.0

That is epic!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:06:44 AM

Paranoia ?

Uh?!?!?! Blocknet??? This is a very, very small project with a total of 80 BTC raised and probably some of it coming from IE's pockets... how could it be any distraction from Blocknet which is the biggest ICO of the last few weeks and involves a lot of crypto-experts and 100s of investors, fudders, shills, trolls, etc?

Me thinks you should try to lay low on the meds at this stage...

was that intended to be smart ?

do i really have to explain ? wow i hope your playing dumb with me .. i really do

it could be a single cent but if it creates a diversion then they succeeded Wink

want to see the diversion attempts i have got in the last week or two ? prob a good 50 PM's or so hahahha
go after this coin.. no go after that coin.. go get 'em !!!
noooooon stop  Roll Eyes

i never PM anyone ever but i have 100's of them and if people want to see them i will copy out every one of them and post them somewhere.
you can see ALL the massive amount of Trolling and diversion attempts and misc threats, from countless lawsuit threats to raising funds to hire a hitman to get me LOL
and who is sending them all ?
all you guys playing innocent little angel ?
i didn't send them to myself guys LOL

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:15:35 AM

Are you implying I send you PMs? Or are you implying I am somehow supporting Blocknet?

It it weren't for the implication in the second of those two crooks, Metcalf and his PR South African guy, I would not be interested in that -or XC- at all. And knowing that those two are at the center of the controversy puts me somewhere on THE OTHER SIDE, get that, or the meds blurry your mind completely? In other words, I dont give a fuck about blocknet, ok?

And much, much less even about who the fuck could be so disturbed as to send you PMs. Alright?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:42:44 AM

I am not spelling it out for you yet again..
and ease up on the med's bullshit it links you to other accounts eh Wink
oh and it's not true i don't take med's, never have, although i have had an assessment before and found to have perfect mental health Smiley

the only good conspiracies are mine !

this one is NOT Spoetnik approved.

the evidence i seen so far on here is pretty weak.. so my original point is your trying to make something out of nothing.
disaster ? really ?

you talk about med's so much it makes me wonder where you keep getting that idea from hmmmmm ?

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:02:35 AM

OK, one more time because I read the people at CoinBlab, some, besides the captcha-fillers, are still unclear about why BYTECENT is doomed unless it is relaunched or a refund option is issued:

1.- The offer stated clearly, very very clearly, that 3 million coins were offered AND that the one not sold would be destroyed by Bittrez prior to releasing the ICO funds to the developers. Is that clear? OK, here's the CHANGED REALITY:

IconicExpert, unilaterally and arbitrarily, decided that no mining was necessary and until block 3110 did not mine the 156,000 BYCs that had sold in the ICO (the other 3-0dd thousand he had mined before at the usual rate of 1 BYC by block. THEREFORE AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, 2 million 8 hundred and 40 thousand coins, that would have been destroyed according to the original offer, remain having augmented the total number of coins to ever be in the coin that, after destroying those 2.84 million, would have been 31.16 million instead of 33 million as it is now.

2.- Also clearly stated in the offer was the assertion that NO MORE THAN A MAXIMUM OF 1440 BYC will be mined daily. No "ifs", no "buts". Clear as clear water. Here's the CHANGED REALITY:

Instead, in about 30 hours, a total of 40,000 -that is FORTY THOUSAND- ADDITIONAL coins have been mined... with many more to come in the next few days. Those 40,000 coins have already diluted ANY value BYC may have, by 25%. Most of those 40,000 coins, I should add, have been mined by people filling up capchas initially, meaning the price they have paid for those coins is ZERO or near zero -only the computers electricity costs-, therefore they will be DUMPED on the market immediately after opening for any price they can get is 100% profit, taking the price to the ground and, de facto, killing the coin.

All of that is without taking into consideration that the wallets weren't working and that most weren't able to mine -and some still aren't- which makes the launch beyond irreparably unfair, especially for people that had actually paid for theirt investment with cold, hard cash.

There are, I would repeat, several FAIR options that would benefit any chances of survival of the coin: Relaunch, issuance of refunds and a combination of both. Anything else is just unacceptable.

Now, IconicExpert has decided to put the decision theoretically to "the community" on CoinBlab... FACT is that there's no such a thing as a BYC community there: It is a censored place and many of us, investors in the coin, are banned by request of Iconic and, of course, we are unable to vote. But even if we were allowed, the voting is utterly absurd since most of the people voting and present there have to skin in the game, meaning they have not invested a single cent in the BYC ICO and they are only hanging by dear desperation to make their mined coins at ZERO cost worth anything is they simply support what the ego (and maybe other interest of the financial kind too) has already chosen to do.

Bittrex, please put and end to the madness of this guy and force him to do the right thing, which is issue refunds to those that feel deceived by the lies and false promises made by IconicExpert. There's simply no other way to end this disaster well.

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:10:48 AM

33 BTC volume on Bittrex and market suspended...what sort of mad person would give IE their money so confused  Shocked

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:17:56 AM

did you try contacting any Bittrex staff ?

@hiddensphinx
the majority of guys..
i have said all along, it does not matter who "scammer" or what "scam coin" ..if guys think it will make them a profit they scream, Take my money !
then this crap continues to implode because of that cancerous greedy vulture mentality..

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:02:45 AM

Bittrex staff is fully aware of the situation and most likely behind the current situation in which IE has to make a decision to clean up the sjit, forced by Bittrex. I think that is what's going on -or I like to think it is, we'll all soon find out the outcome, that's for sure.

In regards to the matter of "giving money" to IE or anyone else, if we are talking pretensions and euphemisms we will never address the subject: Everyone, everyone no exceptions, is in crypto, investing their money, a lot or a bit, with one purpose and one purpose only: To make lots of profits and get rich quick. Period. No exceptions. The rest is just plain bullshit, I don't care where it comes from.

That established, there are degrees of commonly called ethics to go about it. In most cases, in crypto, there are no ethics whatsoever. None. We have had recently the clear cases of Prometheus, Dan Metcalf and his PR guy from South Africa, ranging from total crooks -according top the common (and LEGAL) values established in the real world, of course- that routinely do things that would have landed them in jail in the real world long ago and for a long time... and getting away with it with a more or less tarnished credibility, that's all they will lose, worse case scenario, while the skim millions out of unsuspecting or just naive folks.

The case of IE is  very peculiar for the guy is NOT, I repeat, is NOT, a scammer. I happen to know that he isn't. At all. It's just a guy with a very peculiar, extraordinarily egocentric personality and a quick temper, affected of several psico/socio syndromes that I am not qualified to determine but that result in an individual, with some brilliant ideas that time and time again he bombards in a self-destructive and very reiterative modus operandi. He's simply unable to admit that he has done something wrong. or inappropriate. Regardless how evident. Oh he will admit it if it is so evident as a typo, for instance, BUT with an immediate excuse/justification. That will apply to absolutely everything he does or proposes , regardless of the level of the mistake. He's simply incapable of say Yes, I did this wrong, period. There's always some third party (or parties) that provoked his mistake, no matter how many times repeated. He will admit to his volatile, egocentric and irascible personality alright, but will never adhere to any of those sole responsibility for anything. Ever.

I was a very ardent critic of IE when he was trying to manipulate the markets at BC and found -and posted to that effect- his proposed Wall Street Event  both counterproductive for BC and extremely unethical, in spite of which -and some rather heated confrontations that are available in the reopened BC thread here in BTCT-, many greedy BC community members send him donations galore to reach around $4,000 of the $11,000 he had budgeted the event at.
Then things took a turn and all of a sudden, IE did a turnaround when not supported by the devs of BC and left the event hanging. Meanwhile, he had received donations in BC, BTC and other cryptos, often from exchanges. From many people. Returning them presented quite a nightmare in time and even in making it possible at all for it was impossible to corroborate the wallet addresses from the exchanges so IE, once again, opted for a "solution" he made certain no one would like: He would not return them, or give to the Foundation; he would, in turn, give the money to charity and add to the donation a personal one --supposedly to wash the tax benefit that the charity donation would bring. So I know he did not scammed the BC donors... but he did not do something entirely acceptable with their donations either. Furthermore, he made the decision arbitrarily and unilaterally, in typical IE fashion, leaving pretty much everyone justifiably pissed off and reaping the "benefit" of a reputation forever tarnished. Adding to all those circumstances the fact that he is a black person, apparently quite successful in his business dealing in the real world, the obviously racist hatred awaken in some of his "critics" has become quite venomous and completely detached from any responsibilities IE may or may not have had regarding the unreturned donations.

That's the REAL story that I lived quite closely. And that's how I know he is a bunch of things, some quite regrettable, but not a scammer. (I have to add here that I don't have corroboration or proof that he actually carried out the charity donation, but that was the decision he took at the time. Whether the donation was carried out I do not know for sure).

Fast forward to this project, BYC. It is a VERY GOOD project that because IE is the developer, was bound to have a very poor initial reception. Like it did. But it was going to be a significant success, in my personal opinion, because it was supposed to be clean, transparent, accessible and FAIR, among other things new to crypto, like easy mining and use in actually buying real world things and services. As we all know, it didn't turn out that way after launching, because, astoundingly, IE allowed the outrageous mining of 1/4 of the total coins in a period of just over 24 hours instead of the maximum he had promised of 1440 per day. And, as usual in IE by now, not only defending it as "something that happens to all coins on launch", but trying to keep it by all kinds of lies and fixed-up polling of "the community" ... again unable to admit he had made a huge mistake, one that will probably finish his future in crypto for good, and correct it while the correcting is good. And, fortunately, he still has at least two viable options to turn the ship in the right direction. Will he do it or will he, as he usually does, allow his egocentrism to destroy, again, his project and with it his future in crypto? We will see quite soon.

Now back to your chosen state of hatred, stereotyping or otherwise modifying reality to suit your personal agendas, everyone...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: