Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Discussion on kenija2012 ~ Ended! But feel free to add posts.  (Read 2876 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:23:33 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 09:06:16 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

LIVE DISCUSSION ON THIS THREAD IN 30 MINUTES 2:00 PM CST in US

EDIT: With important part in bold.
Thanks Bruno for creating this!

Just to clarify, I am not going to Kenya, I am just the "bitcoin guy", so to speak Smiley As such I'll try to educate them enough for them to spread the word around (we're always talking about bitcoin being a perfect currency for a third-world country, right)?

This is a great opportunity for anyone who has questions about expedition to get proper answers (ones I couldn't give myself).

In 2 hours (2:00 CST in US, use time stamp of this post as guide), there will be an impromptu discussion about kenija2012.net.

@vuce: Please clarify and correct any of the following:

vuce and the medical team that are schedule to go to Kenya this fall will be on this forum live to ask questions of us regarding Bitcoin. All users here are encouraged to participate.

The main topic will be in reference to the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84497.0

They may ask many specific questions about Bitcoin in general, therefore I hope that members here will be able to address their questions and concerns in as layman terms as possible, coupled with offering up appropriate links. I'll be here, as well, doing the best I can, but the presence of seasoned Bitcoiners are truly needed.

This thread could easily act in that capacity for the dialog that's scheduled to ensue in two hours.

Thank you for your support.

~Bruno~
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:31:39 PM

Why aren't we using a freenode web chat room?

Wouldnt that be better? the chat log could be posted here afterward.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:36:08 PM

Why aren't we using a freenode web chat room?

Wouldnt that be better? the chat log could be posted here afterward.

I don't care one way or the other, but please provide me a link to what you've suggested for I've never used such a service before but would if I knew how.

Thanks for the suggestion, Tux.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:38:54 PM

@vuce: Please take care of all the details in regards to this event. I'm going to be out of pocket for the next hour, but will be back in time to get up to speed and help spread the word.

~Bruno~
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:43:01 PM

LIVE DISCUSSION ON THIS THREAD IN 2 HOURS

In 2 hours (2:00 CST in US, use time stamp of this post as guide), there will be an impromptu discussion about kenija2012.net.

@vuce: Please clarify and correct any of the following:

vuce and the medical team that are schedule to go to Kenya this fall will be on this forum live to ask questions of us regarding Bitcoin. All users here are encouraged to participate.

The main topic will be in reference to the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84497.0

They may ask many specific questions about Bitcoin in general, therefore I hope that members here will be able to address their questions and concerns in as layman terms as possible, coupled with offering up appropriate links. I'll be here, as well, doing the best I can, but the presence of seasoned Bitcoiners are truly needed.

This thread could easily act in that capacity for the dialog that's scheduled to ensue in two hours.

Thank you for your support.

~Bruno~

Thanks Bruno for creating this!

Just to clarify, I am not going to Kenya, I am just the "bitcoin guy", so to speak Smiley As such I'll try to educate them enough for them to spread the word around (we're always talking about bitcoin being a perfect currency for a third-world country, right)?

This is a great opportunity for anyone who has questions about expedition to get proper answers (ones I couldn't give myself).
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:43:15 PM

http://webchat.freenode.net/?&channels=#kenija2012

Short URL: http://goo.gl/993ao

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:15:23 PM

45 Minutes remaining!
kenija2012

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

Sorry guys but webchat doesnt work on ipad, so well have to do this here... Questions!

edit: false alarm, sorry
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:27:10 PM

Sorry guys but webchat doesnt work on ipad, so well have to do this here... Questions!

No problem what-so-ever, kenija2012. Here, it is! We look forward to helping out.

~Bruno~
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:27:44 PM

What is the most important aspect of Bitcoin in your opinion?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:33:49 PM

decentralization,i think that makes bitcoin really atand out from all other currencies.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:36:28 PM

I'm glad you asked that question now, hazek, for I thought only of them asking questions, not thinking that we can ask them questions as well.

That said, I guess we can start asking questions now, thus having something for them to address when they get started on their end.

The main topic of this thread will be about Kenija2012 (their trip to Kenya) and the important facets of Bitcoin. The more they know about Bitcoin, the better they will be able to explain it down the road when asked how part of their trip was financed.

My first question: When is the tentative departure date?

~Bruno~
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:40:17 PM

I'm glad you asked that question now, hazek, for I thought only of them asking questions, not thinking that we can ask them questions as well.

That said, I guess we can start asking questions now, thus having something for them to address when they get started on their end.

The main topic of this thread will be about Kenija2012 (their trip to Kenya) and the important facets of Bitcoin. The more they know about Bitcoin, the better they will be able to explain it down the road when asked how part of their trip was financed.

My first question: When is the tentative departure date?

~Bruno~

departure date is on 7/27.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:45:26 PM

Čaki čaki, kaj to ste slovenci??  Grin

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:47:48 PM

I've locked the other thread til the discussion here has ended, thus keeping the dialog in one place.

Question: Would you like free copies of Bitcoin Magazine to use as reading material for on your trip to Kenya? If so, how many? I will pay for them provided, of course, you promise to take a picture(s) of said magazine using Kenya as a backdrop with the hope of having Matthew and his team include an article with said picture(s) for some upcoming issue of Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:48:49 PM

Čaki čaki, kaj to ste slovenci??  Grin

Ain't this special! Rassah in 5...4...3...
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

Are there more trips like this planned for the future?

Might this be a good opportunity to lay a foundation and procedures for funding future expeditions with bitcoin donations?

Still around.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:50:50 PM

Phinnaeus Gage I completely misunderstood the purpose of this thread, I thought it was going to be a live chat with them where we, the Bitcoin community, ask them qestions but no I see that it's actually meant to be the other way around where they would like to ask us question so that they better understand Bitcoin, or do I still misunderstand what is happening in this thread? Tongue

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:56:14 PM

Are there more trips like this planned for the future?

Might this be a good opportunity to lay a foundation and procedures for funding future expeditions with bitcoin donations?

I'm leaning toward to that aspect with Bitcoin 100. It may be best to work with the these small groups, thus letting the large non-profits come to us and ask, opposed to the current way--us asking them.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 06:58:06 PM

Phinnaeus Gage I completely misunderstood the purpose of this thread, I thought it was going to be a live chat with them where we, the Bitcoin community, ask them qestions but no I see that it's actually meant to be the other way around where they would like to ask us question so that they better understand Bitcoin, or do I still misunderstand what is happening in this thread? Tongue

Your first post, then my follow-up reply, made it clear that it can be both ways. Please accept my apology for any misunderstanding(s).

The bottom line is that there is going to be a live discussion, using this thread as the medium of exchange, between Slovenian medical students seeking funding for their trip to Kenya and Bitcoiners from this community.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: