Bitcoin Forum
August 12, 2024, 12:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Discussion on kenija2012 ~ Ended! But feel free to add posts.  (Read 2885 times)
kenija2012

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:58:15 PM

Phinnaeus Gage I completely misunderstood the purpose of this thread, I thought it was going to be a live chat with them where we, the Bitcoin community, ask them qestions but no I see that it's actually meant to be the other way around where they would like to ask us question so that they better understand Bitcoin, or do I still misunderstand what is happening in this thread? Tongue

you understood correctly, i though people wanted to ask more questions about the expecition.
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:05:47 PM

Are there more trips like this planned for the future?

Might this be a good opportunity to lay a foundation and procedures for funding future expeditions with bitcoin donations?

the section of tropical medicine in Slovenia organizes humanitarian expeditions allover the world, not only to Africa, usually about every three months. Here (http://www.stpm.org/index.php/destinacije) are listed all other expeditions, usually every one of them is in need of aditional funds, sothis would surely be appreciated.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:06:28 PM

Phinnaeus Gage I completely misunderstood the purpose of this thread, I thought it was going to be a live chat with them where we, the Bitcoin community, ask them qestions but no I see that it's actually meant to be the other way around where they would like to ask us question so that they better understand Bitcoin, or do I still misunderstand what is happening in this thread? Tongue

you understood correctly, i though people wanted to ask more questions about the expecition.

We sure do but, moreover, we want to make sure you're up to speed of what Bitcoin is and is not, therefore allowing you to pass on knowledge gleaned from us to others of your ilk that may also be interested in Bitcoin.

Can I assume we're currently speaking with the woman that vuce told us would be joining this forum? And if so, may I be so blunt and ask your name since it'll probably be no secret being that that relative information will be on your website?

~Bruno~
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:06:38 PM

Ok some more questions then:

Have you already raised all the money you need or are you still fundraising?
Have you made any prior arrangements with any of the locals or are you going in blind so to speak?
How long do you intend to stay?
Have you thought about how you're going to ensure your safety?
Do you have any mental strategies prepared to deal with probably not so rosy circumstances you about to find yourselves in?

I think that's enough for now.  Cool

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:09:12 PM

Have you made any prior arrangements with any of the locals or are you going in blind so to speak?
Do you have any mental strategies prepared to deal with probably not so rosy circumstances you about to find yourselves in?

And we look forward to your questions as well.

How many are currently in attendanceon your end, kenija2012?

~Bruno~
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:10:07 PM

..therefore allowing you to pass on knowledge gleaned from us to others of your ilk that may also be interested in Bitcoin..

I doubt there will be many opportunities for teaching about Bitcoin when they'll have their hands full with medical work, maybe if they meet any local entrepreneurs they could introduce the idea to is probably the best chance they'll have.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:13:41 PM

..therefore allowing you to pass on knowledge gleaned from us to others of your ilk that may also be interested in Bitcoin..

I doubt there will be many opportunities for teaching about Bitcoin when they'll have their hands full with medical work, maybe if they meet any local entrepreneurs they could introduce the idea to is probably the best chance they'll have.

I was in reference to their fellow classmates at their university, along with all the other people they know and will meet. Educating Kenyans was at the bottom of my list when I mention that they could help spread the word about Bitcoin.

~Bruno~

Edit: I somehow misread your post, hazek. I don't have the foggiest idea where I thought you were referring to teaching Kenyans about Bitcoin. Sorry, bud.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:14:46 PM

Oh, yeah that makes way more sense  Wink

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:18:51 PM

Oh, yeah that makes way more sense  Wink

I've edited my post, but the quoted reply is in reference to my post which, in retrospect, saying the same thing (sans the edit), hence making more sense.

BTW, where did the Slovenians go?

~Bruno~
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

We are still collecting funds and in case if we dont collect enought we will pay the difference from our pockets...after all it is an interesting experience for us and we dont want to miss it...

On every location earlier expeditions set up temporary little houses where we try to provide continous medical care and educational programs.

Every three months goes another team there...or at least we try to be there as much as possible....

Section for tropical medicine organizes every year many lectures so that we have knowledge about tropical diseases and we also take the needed immunizations and drugs for us as well.

well we will just have to go with the flow...
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:27:00 PM

Cool, želim vam srečno in varno potavanje in da doživite vse kar si želite doživet Wink

Now ask questions about Bitcoin so we can plug any holes you may have in your knowledge about it. Tongue

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:30:53 PM

Cool, želim vam srečno in varno potavanje in da doživite vse kar si želite doživet Wink

Now ask questions about Bitcoin so we can plug any holes you may have in your knowledge about it. Tongue

Je to ekipo, ki bo Kenija?

Translated: Is this the team that is going to Kenya?

We look forward to answering your questions as well, TeamKenya.

~Bruno~
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:33:31 PM

Lol nice try, but I'm not using google translate  Grin What you just wrote should actually look like this: Je to ekipa, ki bo odšla v Kenijo?  Wink Wink

kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:35:46 PM

http://kenijaodprava.blogspot.si/files/2012/04/ognjisce.jpg

Translated: Is this the team that is going to Kenya?

We look forward to answering your questions as well, TeamKenya.

~Bruno~

yes, this is the team, but i am missing on that picture.

We have thoroughly questioned vuce about bitcoin already Smiley
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:37:08 PM

Hvala:)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:38:23 PM

Well, if you ever bring up the topic of Bitcoin, here are our official talking points:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations

If you still have questions after reading that, let us know!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:40:57 PM

Well, if you ever bring up the topic of Bitcoin, here are our official talking points:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations

If you still have questions after reading that, let us know!

Thank you, Maged!

Hey, vuce, are you here?

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 07:49:40 PM

Exactly how many will be going? 4 or 6? Would you consider all wearing shirts with a Bitcoin logo on them and have your picture picture taken by a Kenyan using the Kenyan countryside as the backdrop?

The reason I'm asking is I feel that with such photos (I mentioned Bitcoin Magazine earlier to be used in a photshoot), a great article can be written about your trip for inclusion in an upcoming Bitcoin Magazine issue this fall (before Christmas).

~Bruno~
kenija2012

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:59:34 PM

Exactly how many will be going? 4 or 6? Would you consider all wearing shirts with a Bitcoin logo on them and have your picture picture taken by a Kenyan using the Kenyan countryside as the backdrop?

The reason I'm asking is I feel that with such photos (I mentioned Bitcoin Magazine earlier to be used in a photshoot), a great article can be written about your trip for inclusion in an upcoming Bitcoin Magazine issue this fall (before Christmas).

~Bruno~

I have already contacted edd telling him we would of course wear them and post pictures of wearing them in kenya.

As for the articles we have no problem with that as long as we get to see (and correct it) beforehand.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 08:26:39 PM

~Bruno~

I have already contacted edd telling him we would of course wear them and post pictures of wearing them in kenya.

As for the articles we have no problem with that as long as we get to see (and correct it) beforehand.

Boy, that's a tough one! I'm not sure if Matthew will allow anybody else to "Doctor" his baby, but I'll ask him.  Grin

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: