Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info wallet question  (Read 1255 times)
IveBeenBit (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:21:43 PM

I tried to find a thread dedicated to just the blockchain.info wallet but couldn't, so I will post here.

I'm running 3 different Windows machines. On two of my computers, when I log into the wallet, on the upper right hand corner it says "disconnected" and it seems that any transactions that come in while I am logged into the wallet will not show up. Is there any way to "refresh" your balance, or to check if new money came in?

Also, on my other computer (the only one running the Chrome browser) instead of it saying, "disconnected," it says "subscribed to wallet" and it will auto update and let me know immediately if money comes in.

Is there a browser setting I can tweak so all of my computers are "live?" Does it have to do with java settings or something, or with the browser or what?

I am running IE on one machine, Firefox on the other - neither of those auto update.

Chrome is on the 3rd browser and does stay connected it seems.

Thanks for any tips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 11:16:56 PM

I use Chrome across on both of my computers, and haven't seen the "disconnected" status before.  Maybe try chrome on your other computers?  Are you using the same internet connection for all three computers?

PS: You might try asking piuk, the creator of blockchain.  Here's his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17928

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 06:45:18 PM

I tried to find a thread dedicated to just the blockchain.info wallet but couldn't, so I will post here.

I'm running 3 different Windows machines. On two of my computers, when I log into the wallet, on the upper right hand corner it says "disconnected" and it seems that any transactions that come in while I am logged into the wallet will not show up. Is there any way to "refresh" your balance, or to check if new money came in?

Also, on my other computer (the only one running the Chrome browser) instead of it saying, "disconnected," it says "subscribed to wallet" and it will auto update and let me know immediately if money comes in.

Is there a browser setting I can tweak so all of my computers are "live?" Does it have to do with java settings or something, or with the browser or what?

I am running IE on one machine, Firefox on the other - neither of those auto update.

Chrome is on the 3rd browser and does stay connected it seems.

Thanks for any tips.

The Live update depends on WebSocket which is patchy in some browsers. The latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome should work. IE will only work if you download the version 10 beta (http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/) although I haven't tested it.

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 10:14:30 PM

The Live update depends on WebSocket which is patchy in some browsers. The latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome should work. IE will only work if you download the version 10 beta (http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/) although I haven't tested it.

I get the "disconnected" version with Firefox 14.0.1.

gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 11:47:52 PM

You can always manually refresh the transactions by clicking the refresh arrow icon at the top right of the page, next to the logout button. I think it works on any browser no matter if it supports WebSockets or not.

OneEyed
aka aurele

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 11:56:55 PM

You can always manually refresh the transactions by clicking the refresh arrow icon at the top right of the page, next to the logout button. I think it works on any browser no matter if it supports WebSockets or not.

Of course, but that hinders usability a lot.

gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 11:02:33 AM

Perhaps piuk could develop a feature so that when it detects that the browser doesn't support WebSocket, it would "click" the refresh button automatically every one or two minutes? I know this is not real-time, but it's still better than having the user click the refresh button manually.

OneEyed
aka aurele

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 01:47:23 PM

Perhaps piuk could develop a feature so that when it detects that the browser doesn't support WebSocket, it would "click" the refresh button automatically every one or two minutes? I know this is not real-time, but it's still better than having the user click the refresh button manually.

But my browser does support websockets, so this is not the issue.

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:13:29 AM

OneEyed, Is it possible you could test this again now.

OneEyed
aka aurele

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 02:22:24 PM

Seems to be working fine now, thanks (at least it displays that it is subscribed to the wallet). I have no liquid bitcoin online right now, but I'll have GLBSE send me a bitcent and confirm it appears live, but that usually takes a few minutes.

OneEyed
aka aurele

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 02:30:11 PM

Seems to be working fine now, thanks (at least it displays that it is subscribed to the wallet). I have no liquid bitcoin online right now, but I'll have GLBSE send me a bitcent and confirm it appears live, but that usually takes a few minutes.

Live feature works, thanks again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: