Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HAM - HamRadioCoin - SHA 256 - Crypto on the radio! Official Thread  (Read 71662 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:13:50 PM

I remember days when hamradiocoin price will been very high....maybe its time to buy for cheap now or this coin going to dead? Undecided

I buy a few every few days. Its going to come back but im still pissed the dev wont get in touch with me because I want to help.

Maybe he was run over by a truck...  Angry

Nope I'm still here, waiting for the HAM community to step up with help and ideas, everything I have suggested so far has not been wanted so was not done.

I still hold the DEV fund given to me and this can be verified here https://www.blockexperts.com/ham/address/15EpzWUTod1h5Yf7dnnVz8UigwmRLmq34X as you can see not one coin has been used as yet.

Cheers
Crunck

What direction would you currently like to take the project?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:29:21 PM

To be frank I have no idea, my preferred way forward was to go POS or POW with POS the issue I have here is although I know altcoins I don't know Ham Radios.

Now there is not much point in just becoming another POS or POW coin with little or no direction as to what this coin is supposed to be about, and that of coarse is Ham Radios so I have been patiently waiting for some one with those skills to come along.

I have lots of patience so its not an issue, and as you can see the Dev funds are safe.

So in essence I'm waiting for ideas and help.

Cheers
Crunck

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
RJF19

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:36:17 PM

To be frank I have no idea, my preferred way forward was to go POS or POW with POS the issue I have here is although I know altcoins I don't know Ham Radios.

Now there is not much point in just becoming another POS or POW coin with little or no direction as to what this coin is supposed to be about, and that of coarse is Ham Radios so I have been patiently waiting for some one with those skills to come along.

I have lots of patience so its not an issue, and as you can see the Dev funds are safe.

So in essence I'm waiting for ideas and help.

Cheers
Crunck

I think there is a big "cool" factor here that could be expanded upon. Ham is all about having the ability to communicate and keep the world running in the event of a disaster or some other event that disrupts normal communications. Its also about experimenting and creating new ways to communicate as well as bringing new tech into use.

In many ways, Crypto is the same and has many of the same goals. As Hams, we have both the responsibility of being there when needed and, developing new technology in our fields. Lots of skills can cross over as well as individual interests considering the many areas of study and career paths involved. I would say it's a matter of getting the word out rather than coming up with new ideas. Once there is interest, the new ideas will come. Being digital, crypto lends itself fairly well to being transmitted and received over the air using existing technology. Most new Ham radio equipment is fully digital and many new radios are nothing more than computers with pretty screens. SDR (Software Defined Radio) is quickly taking over from the old purpose built radio equipment. Couple that with an external computer and it would seem to me to be a great way to setup a crypto network over the air.

You mentioned POS. This might be a bit much for a radio based network simply due to the amount of data that would be needed. But then again, POW has its work problem as well. I think the radio part of the equation has to remain simply in communicating infrequent updates to nodes rather than trying to run mining or POS operations over the air. All that can be handled at the local computers attached to the radios and mining pools. Perhaps a protocol needs to be developed where that data is compressed and sent through the network in bursts at regular time intervals or, greatly reduced in quantity.

Anyway, there is a future here, it just needs to be defined. If I provide some forums for Ham radio, would you be willing to post some info about the coin and what you are looking for as far as future development and contribution to the project? Remember, most Hams don't know much or anything about crypto, you will need do some hand holding. The tech can come later, right now it's a matter of making the package pretty enough for Hams to be interested and easy enough to understand.

Someone posted here some time ago that Ham radio is dying. That was a very uninformed observation. We have more young people and new operators coming online then ever before and mostly due to informational efforts by local clubs, new "cool" digital equipment and the fact that Morse code skills are no longer a requirement to earn a license. The future is bright...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:38:35 PM

Traditional Ham radio is going bye-bye.  Not to say that new technologies and ways to communicate and develop idea is not still going to be around.  That is part of what these coins are as well as Ham radio.  The hard part is marrying HAM radio to a technology that is driven by value.  Part of being a Ham is that it is not supposed to be done for profit, although there are many ways that people make money off of Ham radio. 

Aliases are coming out there in the coin world.  Maybe work on Wallets being having a Ham's callsign as an id. 

Not sure if they give away prize money for some of the contest that Ham's traditionally hold, but that could be an avenue.  Radio hunts, Hamfests, cw contest.  If they award prizes for these things, there you go.

Hams get into helping out with disaster a lot.  Maybe some type of relief funds.  Maybe set up wallet networks that report info during a disaster. 

In wallet contests.  Maybe CW tests.  Maybe exam prep.  Reward achievement with coins. 

Just thoughts.  Wish I had more time to be involved, but do not.

Wherever you take this, good luck.  Lot's of Ham's in the world.  Lot's of tech geeks.  May they find a way!
RJF19

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 12:40:39 PM

Traditional Ham radio is going bye-bye.  Not to say that new technologies and ways to communicate and develop idea is not still going to be around.  That is part of what these coins are as well as Ham radio.  The hard part is marrying HAM radio to a technology that is driven by value.  Part of being a Ham is that it is not supposed to be done for profit, although there are many ways that people make money off of Ham radio. 

Aliases are coming out there in the coin world.  Maybe work on Wallets being having a Ham's callsign as an id. 

Not sure if they give away prize money for some of the contest that Ham's traditionally hold, but that could be an avenue.  Radio hunts, Hamfests, cw contest.  If they award prizes for these things, there you go.

Hams get into helping out with disaster a lot.  Maybe some type of relief funds.  Maybe set up wallet networks that report info during a disaster. 

In wallet contests.  Maybe CW tests.  Maybe exam prep.  Reward achievement with coins. 

Wherever you take this, good luck.  Lot's of Ham's in the world.  Lot's of tech geeks.  May they find a way!

If by "Traditional" you mean old guys sitting at a Heathkit tube set "chewing the fat" I would tend to agree but, that's not the case. Our club is making new Hams every month or so and some of them are in it for the traditional functions but, most are looking to share new ideas and technology. Guess where you live has a lot of impact on it.

I'm not completely convinced that a "coin" is needed but, if we only pursued things that were "needed" non of us would still be here.

kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:18:50 AM

If by "Traditional" you mean old guys sitting at a Heathkit tube set "chewing the fat" I would tend to agree but, that's not the case. Our club is making new Hams every month or so and some of them are in it for the traditional functions but, most are looking to share new ideas and technology. Guess where you live has a lot of impact on it.

I'm not completely convinced that a "coin" is needed but, if we only pursued things that were "needed" non of us would still be here.

I may have worded my opinion poorly, but I think you and I are 100% on the same page.
ExploitAgency

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 06:04:13 PM

I added HamRadioCoin support to my vanitygen fork for making custom prefix addresses.

Anyone care to test it?  Be sure to report back to github repo with issues.  I won't really be checking this thread.

Works with vanitygen and oclvanitygen

https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

./vanitygen -C HAM 1ham
Generating HAM Address
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 1ham                                                                 
Address: 1hamsUF1q9EbpghrVRC5P2GVLKubNrHGD
Privkey: 5JNTqLHqWVcK5AdviryqoEyxTDgBen6N7xPc4RW5gz5A818jjyD

Donate Bitcoin: 1egacySQXJA8bLHnFhdQQjZBLW1gxSAjc
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1476

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:27:28 PM

I added HamRadioCoin support to my vanitygen fork for making custom prefix addresses.

Anyone care to test it?  Be sure to report back to github repo with issues.  I won't really be checking this thread.

Works with vanitygen and oclvanitygen

https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

./vanitygen -C HAM 1ham
Generating HAM Address
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 1ham                                                                  
Address: 1hamsUF1q9EbpghrVRC5P2GVLKubNrHGD
Privkey: 5JNTqLHqWVcK5AdviryqoEyxTDgBen6N7xPc4RW5gz5A818jjyD

I think that was nice to do that (thinking of having my callsign as btc-adress)

But It looks like that this project is dead.
Homepage is for sale, github is empty, and the thread mod is not seen for 1 Year.

Sad, but it is like the Amateur Radio in total.....

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
ExploitAgency

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

... --- ...

Oh well... I'm sorry, I am a ham too.  Download scallion... make a novelty gpg key, just make sure to use a higher bit encryption than the default.
Or find a coin on the supported list at my repo that has an address that starts with first letter of your call sign.

I'm in the 4 region.

oclvanitygen should make an address with a callsign prefix when case insensitive in less than 30 minutes on most modern hardware.

Donate Bitcoin: 1egacySQXJA8bLHnFhdQQjZBLW1gxSAjc
tranzactionezlive

Activity: 261

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:34:26 PM

Hey guys, please list a working wallet and if possible, some nodes. Thanks !
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:26:26 AM

tons of talent on this page(20) willing to help
save the HAM!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Holovision

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:08:21 AM

tons of talent on this page(20) willing to help
save the HAM!

Maybe a new HAM coin can be created and like CLAM every address of "old" HAM existing at a certain block number gets a certain amount of the new HAM coin.
GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:37:18 AM

Exchanges Huh
Holovision

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:43:18 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 01:55:09 AM by Holovision

Exchanges Huh

No more mining HAM in the sha256d.ispace.co.uk pool. I think we can declare HamRadioCoin (classic?) a silent key.

If anybody wants to send W3DTV (that's my callsign) their HAM coins my HAM address is 1FCvch7Nv5F2ZZAG8Ry44gBELSvoALycGY
jamesmd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 06:48:37 PM

Is this coin on any exchanges? It still seems to be being actively mined!

Intensepool.net | Cryptonight mining pool | 0% fees!
GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:59:52 AM

Nodes?  Huh

http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=HAM&Target=1

I see 4 for last 24h, but Last Block Time:    2017-05-30 17:52:46
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: