Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:39:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Netherlands christmas, sinter klaas helper] Zwarte Piet visits london  (Read 3069 times)
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 08:55:48 AM

The fact we respect Piet is without a doubt. But it stereotypes a minority which after several generations still has a lot of problems to integrate. Xenophobia is still a big issue.

Muslims and the respect of woman is a different discussion, but one that could use the same or even more attention, though most woman I know wear the headscarf out of belief and out of free will.

It would be a good idea to teach children about racism, how to recognise it, where it comes from and what they can do about it. The story of 'Kikker en de vreemdeling' is a very good illustration of how to do that even at a very young age.
Maybe the story of Zwarte piet can be used in that way too, not just a feast of gifts, but also one of oneness in the world and ridding it of stupid fears, linking back to the slave history and using it to teach, then dressing up as zwarte piet would be educational.

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:08:59 PM

Couldn't have put it any better.
Xumpy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:25:10 PM

If you put it like that I to have to agree on this Wink
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:14:17 AM

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:34:18 PM

it takes a bigger man to admit he as wrong and to change than it does to stay the same

edit: also to my understanding, Moroccans  don't exactly hold Black Africans with the highest regard, descendants of slaves.....
wrong about what? mass thirld world immigration has been a disaster for europe.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: