Poll
Question: What should I do with NXT?
sell that shitcoin! - 76 (45%)
hold, you never know - 14 (8.3%)
buy more, it's a bargain! - 79 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 169

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is happening with NXT? Fucking Nothing!!!  (Read 8941 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:17:35 PM

i wasnt involved in nxt when UP trolled nxt, or at least if i was i dont remember so cant really comment on that.

You must be aware that UP, BloodyRookie et al were at Nxt at the start? The reason they left was ideological reasons (we're creating the 1%) etc. and it was quite emotional but after trying to get the 'unfair' forging algo changed to something else (0.5% max per coin per annum in the long term  Roll Eyes) they left to create the New Economy Movement with a "fair distribution". The language has now been softened to "fair opportunity for all" or such like since the reality set in of what this meant.

PoI should be ground breaking if it lives up to expectations which is a bit of a shame really, it feels like they have come full circle now.  Any moral high ground over Nxt during the spring fudstorms was sacrificed when UP/TS exposed himself. Nxt and NEM devs together would have been formidable, big shame.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

can you show me where this was "revealed"?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jqbuuxg8aluhng/report.pdf
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

CfB is just being a troll and a bully but not at me but towards NEM.  Are we surprised this is coming from a coin which Jeff Garzik thinks is full of scammers?

I have a lot of other coins where my percentage of that total supply is higher than my total share in NEM and I don't see him mention them.  It's clear that CfB is just trying to burn NEM and if I wasn't around then he would be doing some other avenue of attack.

It's difficult to have any meaningful amount of NEM because of the distribution to 3000 stakeholders.  This is in contrast to CFB who at minimum took 5% of NXT to an unknown larger amount.

His revelation was somebody's text analysis, he paid $1000 for if I recall (profit incentive), where the guy likely cherry picked the variables so he would get his money.  Only some sample (not the total package) was released and it said I could be UF but doesn't mean 100%.  This is just as bad as all those "text analysis" about who Satoshi is and the results are a dozen different people from all over the world.   There was other concrete evidence who UF was and it was clear I'm not him.  

This is the second time I've defended myself over this and I will not let it happen a third time.  If CfB continues about this then he could be on Krokodil.  I'm not going to defend myself for 4 pages because I know who I am and frankly don't care enough to entertain dorks.

My point proved mathematically, yours is pure speculation. Nuff said.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

Where did I saw Nxt was more successful?

If Bitshares is successful (2-10 years?) and the world is using it, 99.9% of the population of the world will look to you, a billionaire early adopter, and ask "Why wasn't there a fair distribution?" "Why were a few thousand people, the 0.1 %, allowed to get so wealthy?"

If you did managed to give to all 7 billion people on the planet, you would then have to overcome the pareto principle to stop the above scenario happening.

This is why 'fair distribution' debates are so tiresome. They are (d)illusionary on any sensible time scale.

I don't claim Bitshares to be of perfect fairness, but there's a difference between initial distribution of 76 people versus tens of thousands, plus Bitshares still have ongoing distribution for the next 30 years. I am saying the distribution of Bitshares is more fair than NxT. NxT distribution can nearly be called a scam. That's all.

I understand what you are saying, I have been over this dozens of times. Congratulations, you are the current winner in the tallest midget competition. Until the next one that distributes over 31 years...

What exactly is fraudulent about Nxt? The implication of the word suggest there was deliberate deceit, you must know what this was? Or do you just use 'scam' for it's shock value, another cheap debating technique, wouldn't you agree?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:27:30 PM

its just not good to insinuate that the creator of a coin is trolling like a lunatic in his spare time. doesnt look good for nem regardless of whether nem istelf is ever mentioned.

Read my tweets about #NEM, you should see why I don't link UF and NEM.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:29:38 PM

its just not good to insinuate that the creator of a coin is trolling like a lunatic in his spare time. doesnt look good for nem regardless of whether nem istelf is ever mentioned.

Read my tweets about #NEM, you should see why I don't link UF and NEM.

Not just your tweets.  Like during the BTER hack episode, you alleged that the hacker *may* try to convert it into NEMstake.   Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/comefrombeyond/status/500336052360720384

There we go, not too late to delete it.   Wink

CfB has been trolling NEM for ages, I know because I read the NXT forum and his twitter for months

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:32:58 PM

Not just your tweets.  Like during the BTER hack episode, you alleged that the hacker *may* try to convert it into NEMstake.   Roll Eyes

And what does it mean in plain English?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:34:12 PM

More examples out there, you should know because you wrote this stuff.  You've been trolling NEM for ages man, CfB / CfA / whatever

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
levinhostar

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

I believe this is the main reason NxT is often called a scam/unfair. You could look to Bitshare's distribution model for a fair distribution, the distribution was done over the period of several months, with half PoW distribution, half donation based. Also it now has an inflation schedule toward a final cap.

You got nearly 7 billion unique initial stakeholders? Impressive.

If no one is calling Bitshares distribution unfair, it is because: you haven't had enough success, haven't been around long enough to have multiple waves or users or there isn't much interest. Or some combination. You are still in a honeymoon period.

Nope, just tens of thousands more than NxT, and Bitshares is still currently being distributed by planned inflation, just like Bitcoin.

Bitshares marketcap is nearly 2X NxT, forum activity is roughly 2X too, so are you really calling NxT more successful?

Tens of thousands maybe in your dreams. Also the distribution in Bitcoin is shit, completely centralized mining. Wow you have 2x forum acitivity and bitcointalk got x1000 forum activity but still not worth to read the most. Like here people are just comming for promoting her own coin.

You small fishes don't understand one keypoint. In crypto, the competition is not each other, it is fiat. If any crypto does well, we all benefit.

But of course you know the future and know what is right and what is wrong little dictator.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:52:58 PM

Bitcoin still has ongoing distribution until mining ends in what like 2050?  Yay free dust!   Cheesy

its completly centralized and not even one privat person will mine even one bitcoin.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:54:22 PM

I think it will take some time, NXT has an interesting approach for a currency, a lot is done to substantially increase the value of the network.
They work continuessly on developing and the way I see it, they lack marketing and a way to simplify what they do to the average investor.
I mean, NXT is pretty broad, but people gather around new exciting technology, and to show that I think they are one of the few currencies whom have survived from creating their own forums and community without bitcointalk, which in itself is a feat.

I am not buying NXT now personally but I think it's one of those currencies that will stick around for a while.
I'll just wait until there is a simpler way to grasp the whole concept of it, because if it's good, then I know others think so too and can fully comprehend it!
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:59:39 PM

I think it will take some time, NXT has an interesting approach for a currency, a lot is done to substantially increase the value of the network.
They work continuessly on developing and the way I see it, they lack marketing and a way to simplify what they do to the average investor.
I mean, NXT is pretty broad, but people gather around new exciting technology, and to show that I think they are one of the few currencies whom have survived from creating their own forums and community without bitcointalk, which in itself is a feat.

I am not buying NXT now personally but I think it's one of those currencies that will stick around for a while.
I'll just wait until there is a simpler way to grasp the whole concept of it, because if it's good, then I know others think so too and can fully comprehend it!

That sounds good.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:14:48 PM

More examples out there, you should know because you wrote this stuff.  You've been trolling NEM for ages man, CfB / CfA / whatever

That tweet doesn't look like a trolling. What are you talking about, do you think the others can't read English?
bEGPO cNuPTA

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

More examples out there, you should know because you wrote this stuff.  You've been trolling NEM for ages man, CfB / CfA / whatever

That tweet doesn't look like a trolling. What are you talking about, do you think the others can't read English?

LOL at calling that trolling.

Really reaching there for examples are we?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:53:00 PM

LOL at calling that trolling.

Really reaching there for examples are we?

Let's leave UF/TS alone (maybe he will find something else to entertain us) and return back to "WTF is happening with NXT"...
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

Let's leave UF/TS alone (maybe he will find something else to entertain us) and return back to "WTF is happening with NXT"...

I thank UP very much, he is the guy that got me into Nxt. Over the last year, I read and participate a lot on Nxt forum. I'm very happy to be part of the Nxt project.

All I can say is that the people in the Nxt community are awesome. Everything is getting delivered, of course it take longer than first anticipate, but for a decentralized community the progress so far is awesome.

Thanks you UtopianFuture for getting me in crypto and Nxt in particular, if you ever read this thru another account!

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:53:45 PM

If you still looking for a buyer, I am your man Cheesy I will buy your complete amount. If you are interested, pm me.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:09:18 PM

So they said this was the NXT big thing, by far the best crypto 2.0 bla bla bla
Well they would wouldn't they.  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:13:11 PM

Can we talk about Trolling and FUD ? oh wait never mind..

So uhhh OP you didn't add the best Poll options.. "Who cares"
You guys suck at making polls around here..

like hey is my faggy shit coin ?

- Great
- Good
- Awesome
- Maybe God incarnate

then one guy criticizes XYZ shit coin and 8 guys pop up at once and Troll hard crying Troll and FUD hahhaha
i know this happened too me last night at poloniex with little douche HYP'sters.
Screaming FUD and ban etc and spreading lies and shit galore LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:10:15 AM

So uhhh OP you didn't add the best Poll options.. "Who cares"

What option would you pick if there was "Who cares"?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: